CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm concerned, the only reason we don't have more terrorist/mass shootings is because of the 2nd Amendment. They know we will fight back. I should look for the link but I remember, distinctly, reading the reason Japan only attacked Pearl Harbor is because they knew attacking the mainland would not go well for them. Too many armed Americans that would draw a bead on them.

I agree and I think that is why he went in alone first. To look at the layout and to see if there was any security present. JMO

OT....but Roll Tide!

It's crazy, but that's why I haven't been to any games since LSU. The Paris attack happened and I thought the Iron Bowl or the SEC championship would be a huge target, even with the changes the SEC made to bags you can bring in.

Security was a joke - even with the clear bag rule. People had on huge coats - me included! A big ole puffer coat I could have hidden any thing!

RTR!!!!

I just have an ever growing sense of unease. Especially with the Holiday Season on us. Mall shopping and Kids Nativity's, everything is gonna be super rushed n super busy, Cuz its 2nd week into December. N I'm trying to rationalise myself. But I can't hurry anywhere Cuz of my Emphysema and Osteo. (Breathe) am i just being overly paranoid. I'm really really trying not to be. But I live in a small village. So have to go into the nearest town. If not the Main Mall for the area. I'm in my comfort zone round my lil area lol... I must slap myself ..... really. 😬

Look what happened at the NFL game in Charlotte recently. We had people rappelling from he upper deck to protest BOA! I cannot get a hidden flask in, but these people got gear to hang from the stands?

Lol. I'll drink to that.

-Giggle Emoji -

See Something Say Something is so catchy [snip]

...other than a backpack sitting in the road... what examples would you guys call in?

Great question... and a tough one to answer. How long is my anonymity going to hold up if there's a clock boy-style $15 million lawsuit? If I saw suspicious but potentially innocuous activity such as the neighbor saw in this case, I'd probably consult an attorney first.

(snip)...frankly had someone in the crowd had a weapon this may have ended very differently.
Agreed. Either get rid of gun free zones or these "gun free" zones need to spend some serious money to beef up security from now on. IMO

Tell that to the city of Irving, TX, who saw something, said something, and have been pilloried by the media, ridiculed by the POTUS, investigated by the DOJ and sued for $5 million because of it.
Exactly. If that case isn't thrown out of court, what's the message to the rest of us? Report a muslim, you'll be sorry?

IMO you weren't profiling. If she had been Middle Eastern and you called knowing you wouldn't have made the call otherwise that would be profiling... (snip)
Respectfully, I think that refusal to profile is giving away one big advantage we have in the fight against extremist islamic terrorism.

If fat, white, middle-aged women were being radicalized to commit mass murder, I would expect people to look twice at me, too. I'd hate it, but I'd understand it and I'd reserve my anger for those who looked like me and were committing atrocities, not those who were trying to figure out if I was a good guy or a bad guy. But that's just me.

If fat, white, middle-aged women were being radicalized to commit mass murder, I would expect people to look twice at me, too. I'd hate it, but I'd understand it and I'd reserve my anger for those who looked like me and were committing atrocities, not those who were trying to figure out if I was a good guy or a bad guy. But that's just me.

But you wouldn't just call if you saw a person who looked Middle Eastern. It's different if someone is doing something suspicious or dangerous and that's the reason you call, IMO. After that it's on LE to decide what to do. To call 911 just because you see a woman in hijab is profiling, but who would do that?

Thank you for responding. I'm sitting here thinking "I should get in the car and tell my story", yet I fear being dismissed, and then becoming despondent. I can't do this alone. But I know I have to give it a go, I really don't feel I have a choice. I have to look myself in the mirror each day.
Told DH about your earlier post and we just sat in silence for a moment shaking our heads. Is the new motto "Tell us so we can ignore you?" And if something happens, the authorities are going to deny any knowledge?!! SMH

took a break ....like you all news junkies....with the last month ...its like I want to check in on whats going on...

but it has become like "dread", not afraid scared for me "dread"

I loved Burger Kings campain " have it your way ", it was so catchy, and my faoritest voice Vivki Sue Robinson was the voice of DOulbe your pleasure double your fun !

See something say something catchy!!

Useless- but catchy.....

Do I have the skill set to detect a knive weilding murderer - nope

Do I have the skill set to to foresee an axe killer aiming for my neck? nope

Do I have the skill set to determine if another homosapian is wearing bombs on his her tummy? nope

Do I have the skill set to to determine someone is packing IUDs - nope

Do I have the skill set to notice someone has a gallon of gas in their back pack - no

Do I have the skill set to to know someone is packing a machine gun nope

Do I have the skill set to react to someone who has a remote control denonater? Nope

Do I have the skill set to know that somenones trunk is filled with fertilizer ? nope

Do I have the skill set to grasp that a toothpaste container is actually filled with the latest explosive ? nope

Do I have the skill set to know there is Toshiba radio in the cargo bin of a plane I am on ? Nope

Do I have the skill set to antipate being held hostage? Nope

All those realties must lead me to the true conclusion that we are helpless, powerless and that is our reality now.

Do I understand how we got here - sure do , again what we are doing is no different than what they are doing.

Until that reality becomes ackowledged , and moves someone to try to "end it" this is our reality as it is theirs. Peroid .

Is that gonna happen . Nope.

this notion that we wont let them impact us, is a grasp at feeling like we have some power and are not really powerless.

"Boston Strong", folks all of us "strong" folks hid in their houses for hours , allowed are right not to be searched without probable cause city wide. IMO that is an impact

Makes us geel enpowered , "we are not gonna let them impact us" We are going on with our lives cause we really dont have a choic e do we? This is not defiance or unity or strength - this is we need to grocery shop, put gas in our cars etc.

we are spending 17.4 trillion on security. Boston. The reality is a smoker, ended it. That is the reality. We did not "capture" him -- he fell out of a boat . That is what happened . He fell out.

That is like saying I caught a bear that I shot to near death, and it fell down , I did not "capture " a bear.

IMO IMO !!

[rsbm]

Do I understand how we got here - sure do , again what we are doing is no different than what they are doing.

Until that reality becomes ackowledged , and moves someone to try to "end it" this is our reality as it is theirs. Peroid .

Is that gonna happen . Nope.
[snip]

I have questions. Hope that's okay

How did we get here, what needs to be acknowledged, what can we do to end it?

Are we going to end up like Dresden, Beirut, Tokyo, Berlin, etc? If our leaders wanted to work things out with their leaders - who would even show up from their side? There are no seats at the UN for ISIS or Daesh or Al Qaeda.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch said Sunday that the FBI is looking into whether the mother of one of the attackers in the San Bernardino shootings knew about the criminal activities of her son and his wife.

"Obviously it's something that we're looking at very, very closely," Lynch told NBC's "Meet the Press," when asked about what the woman may or may have not known before the massacre.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sa...-looking-mother-san-bernardino-gunman-n475096

IMO Obama has to address this properly tonight. He just has too.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch said Sunday that the FBI is looking into whether the mother of one of the attackers in the San Bernardino shootings knew about the criminal activities of her son and his wife.

"Obviously it's something that we're looking at very, very closely," Lynch told NBC's "Meet the Press," when asked about what the woman may or may have not known before the massacre.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sa...-looking-mother-san-bernardino-gunman-n475096

Lynch said that after conducting 300 interviews and carrying out several searches, investigators "do not have evidence that they were part of either a larger group or cell, or that they were planning anything else."

We, the people, aren't fools.

IMO Obama has to address this properly tonight. He just has too.

I agree, but will he? I won't hold my breath. I used to be a big supporter of Obama. I felt he was being critized unfairly and that he inherited a lot of problems that would take time to correct. I have completely changed my opinion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stern-dress-conservative-three-years-ago.html

Good gracious! She was posting radical things on her FB page way before she came in to the U.S. How was she ever let into this country.

So true, how is it that the NSA has this elaborate spying system on personal communication and yet facebook posts out in the public domain exist and somehow this person slips through the cracks ? Anyone who saw those posts and didn't report them, should be investigated.

If she was posting these things before she ever got here, what exactly is the screening process for letting someone into this country ?

Lynch said that after conducting 300 interviews and carrying out several searches, investigators "do not have evidence that they were part of either a larger group or cell, or that they were planning anything else."

We, the people, aren't fools.

I can't believe they had so much stuff left behind and this one thing was their whole plan. Even IF they weren't part of a cell and it was just the two of them trying to score ISIS points they had something else planned. Come on.

So true, how is it that the NSA has this elaborate spying system on personal communication and yet facebook posts out in the public domain exist and somehow this person slips through the cracks ? Anyone who saw those posts and didn't report them, should be investigated.

If she was posting these things before she ever got here, what exactly is the screening process for letting someone into this country ?

folks with the saame beliefs are not reporting imo

I can't believe they had so much stuff left behind and this one thing was their whole plan. Even IF they weren't part of a cell and it was just the two of them trying to score ISIS points they had something else planned. Come on.

Absolutely and how soon to make this conclusion. Does it not take some time to get the forensic info?

I agree, but will he? I won't hold my breath. I used to be a big supporter of Obama. I felt he was being critized unfairly and that he inherited a lot of problems that would take time to correct. I have completely changed my opinion.

IMO he is brillant - none of every thing that is going on here is our congress a bunch of 67 year old .........................all congress imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth