CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no answers to this new war facing our own land. Money has to be funded into tracking. Not a cure but there truly is not enough manpower to monitor. And likely never will be. Yet if we can stop a few..... Having said that I dont know if folks coming to work armed with a hand gun is a solution? In this case we had 2 shooters with weapons that sprayed multiple shots. If a hand gun was even taking out one there is still another heavily armed. This is just so terrible. And here we go with Obama. My heart is so heavy.

Is there an example of when people are going to get some mlk l, something happend, and somone who had a 47 on them when it changed outcome.

The only thing I know is the guy who was stolling around a Wal Mart , something bad happened and he is dead?

hey I am open - is there a time when someone who is going around regular life "armed" that something good happened

those gang dudes went to have a beer , armed to te hilt and ended up killing half of the people there - silliness

I just cant beleive in any context , except trained LE ,more bullets soaring around can be life saving

Someone who likes hunting , is different than going to a premiere of a big movie armed with guns and bullets . Its a different envoromnet -- there are houndres of innocents in a packed movie.

In the wild , it is a poor animal out in the open all by itself , I have always thought (!) one wants to be a bigshot - jump in the water , beat the shark up , and proudly hand it on ones wall!!

Being capable of gunning down an powerless animal in the wild is not an accomplishment - chase the bear down , and if one wins fine-- everytime on the same terms the animal will beat the H#ck of an armed homosapien -- how is that an accomplishment ???

I am open for examples !

CARIIS, there are many, many examples of citizens with CCP permits preventing crimes and saving lives. It is not always reported in many ms media outlets. Doesn't fit their agenda/narrative, imo. The following is an example of lives saved during a terrorist attack due to a Navy Officer having his personal weapon in a gun free zone;

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...ng-fire-navy-officer-confirms-he-shot/317455/

Navy officer confirms he shot at Abdulazeez with his personal weapon
"The tragic shooting on July 16/2015 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, ... Instinct, basic training helped Marine save daughter during July 16 attack ... Navy: Officer has not been charged for firing personal weapon at Chattanooga gunman.

A 63-year-old autoworker with a concealed weapons license shot a gunman who was robbing a Warren, Michigan, bank, according to Fox 2 Detroit.
<news video>

Did they schedule the speech to be in between NFL games?

tonight is a sweets night donuts, candy

Okay, I did my bit tonight. Went to the US border and spoke to an agent. He seemed invested in what I said. Promised it will be followed up. Asked lots of questions. By-passed the Canadians completely and went direct to the US.

Fingers crossed that this time it is taken seriously.

Umm I can't reply to that Cuz I'm no American lol. But he needs to address Terrorism in whole. NOT Gun control. The issue he is giving this speach is down to San Bernardino and the sad events that happened. And not whitewash it over with blah blah blah nothing of nothingness. In light of ISIS we all need to know GLOBALLY that our Gov has got our backs. And step up and work with the public. Who will be the eyes and ears on the ground.

Okay, I did my bit tonight. Went to the US border and spoke to an agent. He seemed invested in what I said. Promised it will be followed up. Asked lots of questions. By-passed the Canadians completely and went direct to the US.

Bravo Barry!! You've done your part. I hope you feel at peace now. Bless you!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BarryW, thinking about you all day! Hope they do their job and you can rest easy now. You may have saved countless lives. If not, then at least you had the courage to have things checked out. Thank you!!!

"I've been reading these San Bernardino threads ever since the massacre happened. I appreciate all of the posters' efforts on here to provide links and thoughtful discussion. I am horrified and frightened too, even tho I have Muslim friends who I love. (I've had many thoughtful discussions about terrorism with them too.)
Since this is an election season, the political rhetoric was already charged and I know many people don't think that our president has done enough to address terrorism.
I would like to know what members here would like to see him do, specifically. I'm one for discussing solutions. What say you, Websleuthers?
[/QUOTE]

This is an excellent question, Smarty Jones.

Tell the truth and acknowledge the problem. Just a few specifics as requested....

1) Identify and call Terrorism for what it is because without acknowledgment there is no solution
2) Make the safety of Americans a priority--work as hard to deal with terrorism as he does for global warming and gun control.
3) Take and Treat Terrorism seriously at all times but especially when we are in the midst of it!!!!!!!!!!!
4) Acknowledge that there IS a Global War on Terror and that Radicalized Islamic followers are at war with us.
5) Reallocate a grossly overfunded IRS (who has more agents than the FBI and CIA combined--this is freaking ridiculous and mis-prioritized) to Intelligence Agencies and support these agencies in moving toward the new age of global connectedness and worldwide terror
6)Ensure that the top LE Agency (DOJ) in the US focus on ALL American Lives not just a select group, and do not tolerate politicalization of National Law Enforcement.
7) Apologize publicly, along with Secretary of State, to the American people and especially to the families of the Ambassador Christopher Stevens, Tyrone Woods, Glen Doherty and Sean Smith (men who didn't have to lose their lives in Bengazhi) for outright lying to them and telling the families that these men died because of a spontaneous uprising over an Anti-Muslim Video about Mohammed rather than at the hands of Radical Islamic Terrorists with a plan.
8) Stop any and all immigration of people from Syria until the screening process is thoroughly reformed and made known to the people of America.

The trust that has been broken is one thing, but to lie at the cost of actual or perceived safety regarding American lives is quite another. This is NEVER ok.

I do think the easy access to guns makes it much easier for terrorists, homegrown or otherwise.

Especially when being on the FBI's terrorist watchlist is not enough reason to deny gun purchases...thank you, NRA.

Do you think people that want to murder others will actually follow gun laws? Don't think so.

Not that any of this situation is funny at all, but it makes me laugh how people think that someone who is willing to break the MURDER laws would actually follow any gun laws. It makes absolutely no sense.

And I'm outta here before the gun debate starts. Lol.

Well done BarryW you did the right thing. YOU now need to chill. And stop beating yrself up about it. After this last week I'm sure it will be acted on.. deep breath. ... &#9786;

CARIIS, there are many, many examples of citizens with CCP permits prevented crimes. It is not always reported in many ms media outlets. Doesn't fit their narrative, imo. The following is an example of lives saved during a terrorist attack due to a Navy Officer having his personal weapon in a gun free zone;

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...ng-fire-navy-officer-confirms-he-shot/317455/

Navy officer confirms he shot at Abdulazeez with his personal weapon
"The tragic shooting on July 16/2015 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, ... Instinct, basic training helped Marine save daughter during July 16 attack ... Navy: Officer has not been charged for firing personal weapon at Chattanooga gunman.

Navy: Officer awesome trained regular citizen like me should not be at a target picking up some lettucve armed IMO, if my next door neighbor has a long history of being able to shoot animals dead, that is not a skill set.

a pro going to target for lettuce awesome letting every jim bob amy or susy stoll around in public , armed, like the ole west IMO aint smaart !!!!

Bravo Barry!! You've done your part. I hope you feel at peace now. Bless you!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

thanks. At peace, not quite. But definitely my conscience is feeling a bit better.

Well, I was wrong, it wasn't all gun control. I thought he did a good job.

Your co-workers sound horrible. Are they young? In all my years of working, I have never heard any of my co-workers make fun of a person's appearance. No, you did not make pipe bombs but their comments must have hurt you. But, I have been accused of being too sensitive.

I have worked in many fields and in many positions and have been lucky, I suppose, that I have never worked somewhere at which making fun of a coworker's hairstyle or clothing was acceptable. I cannot imagine. Who would DO that?

Well done BarryW you did the right thing. YOU now need to chill. And stop beating yrself up about it. After this last week I'm sure it will be acted on.. deep breath. ... &#9786;

Thanks Gigi. I do feel it will be looked at. Do I expect them to ram down his front door, no! But I would expect them to let the local authorities know the background story. Perhaps they will interview him. I was told I will be kept in touch (with as much as they are allowed to share, I understand that). They did look him up on the computer and there is only one person with his name travelling over the border regularly, so they know who he is.

Coming back into Canada I was asked "purpose of your trip"?? Well, wondered how to Readers Digest the information. I managed okay. The Cdn. agent said "you don't have to tell me details, we share with the US border" (US guy told me the same thing). So, that's where we are tonight.

How can the media be stuneed this far in that it is an act of terrorism -- we all knew that 36 hours in

who could still be "pondering" that other than the media??

Well, I was wrong, it wasn't all gun control. I thought he did a good job.

Me too. He was direct and specific. Two things I appreciate. I also like the reminder about our strengths. It's easy to feel frightened and overwhelmed and forget them.

that was one of those first reports. But later interviews indicated people who had been there the whole time had seen nothing like a dispute or argument at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it arose from a "telephone" type thing where people speculated about whether there had been an argument and that turned into their HAD been an argument. IT seems to happens in first reports a lot.

An account of what happened in that room. He must have left before the break. Seems like if an argument happened it would have been at a break.

http://www.pe.com/articles/farook-788485-nwadike-one.html

It wasn’t until event organizers were handing out clickers for a true-false trivia game before the break that the other men noticed Farook’s seat at the end of the table was empty, his belongings still there.

Nwadike asked that a clicker be left at Farook’s place, assuming he was coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling