CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Gigi. I do feel it will be looked at. Do I expect them to ram down his front door, no! But I would expect them to let the local authorities know the background story. Perhaps they will interview him. I was told I will be kept in touch (with as much as they are allowed to share, I understand that). They did look him up on the computer and there is only one person with his name travelling over the border regularly, so they know who he is.

Coming back into Canada I was asked "purpose of your trip"?? Well, wondered how to Readers Digest the information. I managed okay. The Cdn. agent said "you don't have to tell me details, we share with the US border" (US guy told me the same thing). So, that's where we are tonight.

Did you begin with "Funny you should ask..."

How can the media be stuneed this far in that it is an act of terrorism -- we all knew that 36 hours in

who could still be "pondering" that other than the media??

They don't even know what they're saying. They just want to hear themselves talk and keep their advertisers happy

JMO

Your co-workers sound horrible. Are they young? In all my years of working, I have never heard any of my co-workers make fun of a person's appearance. No, you did not make pipe bombs but their comments must have hurt you. But, I have been accused of being too sensitive.

Not only have I've seen & heard people make fun of someone's appearance, I've more frequently seen them make fun of behaviors & characteristics. Especially a lot of chatter about psychopathic supervisors or narcissistic managers.

Yep, basic water-cooler chatter happens all the time. Not unusual.

doesn't everyone ask, "Oh, what did you get?", "what's that big box" etc and how does the mother not notice that, although things, huge and numerous things get delivered every day there are never any new appliances, dishes, electronics etc....

What were in those boxes?

Well, I was wrong, it wasn't all gun control. I thought he did a good job.

I have always thought he is smashing - he is a lawyer - but nothing matters - congress has to fund and pass legislation -- they have proven time and time and time again to chose to act like three year olds -- nothing has changed congress is not gonna do anything different -- once the news cycle mellows they go back on vacation -- they are in control of the $$

this is all about $$$

Well, I was wrong, it wasn't all gun control. I thought he did a good job.

Other than admitting that SB was terrorism, there wasn't anything new was there? Did I miss something?

I think that horse has left the barn. Speaking to the gun issue. Being Canadian and with our strict laws gun ownership is foreign to me. Yes we do have hunting guns. My American Family all have hand guns and I totally respect that. If i lived in the U.S. I would have one too. That comment is not meant to be offensive. I was out visiting my Sis and BIL in Arizona. We went deep into the desert with the Glock and the Sig. Had both in my hands and was shaking so bad I just could not fire either gun. Not sure what Obama can say or do regarding gun control. It's too late IMO Not wanting to debate as I respect others have a different view and need. I just hope tonight does not turn into stricter gun laws. It is not the answer. Now.

Exactly. It's not as iff once gun laws pass, all the criminals are going to line up to dispose of their guns. GMAFB. Gun control is no the answer here.

Do you think people that want to murder others will actually follow gun laws? Don't think so.

Not that any of this situation is funny at all, but it makes me laugh how people think that someone who is willing to break the MURDER laws would actually follow any gun laws. It makes absolutely no sense.

And I'm outta here before the gun debate starts. Lol.

Amen. I'm always flabergasted that some think strickter laws are going tto help. It's onlly goinng to take the guns out of the hannds of law abiding citizens who want to protect tthemselves and their family.

Awesome post --- contact your congressman they control the purse strngs not the oval office !!!

"I've been reading these San Bernardino threads ever since the massacre happened. I appreciate all of the posters' efforts on here to provide links and thoughtful discussion. I am horrified and frightened too, even tho I have Muslim friends who I love. (I've had many thoughtful discussions about terrorism with them too.)
Since this is an election season, the political rhetoric was already charged and I know many people don't think that our president has done enough to address terrorism.
I would like to know what members here would like to see him do, specifically. I'm one for discussing solutions. What say you, Websleuthers?

This is an excellent question, Smarty Jones.

Tell the truth and acknowledge the problem. Just a few specifics as requested....

1) Identify and call Terrorism for what it is because without acknowledgment there is no solution
2) Make the safety of Americans a priority--work as hard to deal with terrorism as he does for global warming and gun control.
3) Take and Treat Terrorism seriously at all times but especially when we are in the midst of it!!!!!!!!!!!
4) Acknowledge that there IS a Global War on Terror and that Radicalized Islamic followers are at war with us.
5) Reallocate a grossly overfunded IRS (who has more agents than the FBI and CIA combined--this is freaking ridiculous and mis-prioritized) to Intelligence Agencies and support these agencies in moving toward the new age of global connectedness and worldwide terror
6)Ensure that the top LE Agency (DOJ) in the US focus on ALL American Lives not just a select group, and do not tolerate politicalization of National Law Enforcement.
7) Apologize publicly, along with Secretary of State, to the American people and especially to the families of the Ambassador Christopher Stevens, Tyrone Woods, Glen Doherty and Sean Smith (men who didn't have to lose their lives in Bengazhi) for outright lying to them and telling the families that these men died because of a spontaneous uprising over an Anti-Muslim Video about Mohammed rather than at the hands of Radical Islamic Terrorists with a plan.
8) Stop any and all immigration of people from Syria until the screening process is thoroughly reformed and made known to the people of America.

The trust that has been broken is one thing, but to lie at the cost of actual or perceived safety regarding American lives is quite another. This is NEVER ok.[/QUOTE]

Me too. He was direct and specific. Two things I appreciate. I also like the reminder about our strengths. It's easy to feel frightened and overwhelmed and forget them.

I was shockingly ok with most of everything he said. My only pause was when he discussed not letting people i without proper visass but there's a ***** ton of regugees being let in with what i'm gessing is not proper visas. MOO

An account of what happened in that room. He must have left before the break. Seems like if an argument happened it would have been at a break.

http://www.pe.com/articles/farook-788485-nwadike-one.html

It wasn’t until event organizers were handing out clickers for a true-false trivia game before the break that the other men noticed Farook’s seat at the end of the table was empty, his belongings still there.

Nwadike asked that a clicker be left at Farook’s place, assuming he was coming back.

:crying:

Nwadike and Patrick Baccari are alive too, probably because they were in the restroom across the hall from the conference room.

Nwadike lay prone and still on the floor of a stall.

“I prayed. I wondered, ‘When will it be my turn?’”

I have worked in many fields and in many positions and have been lucky, I suppose, that I have never worked somewhere at which making fun of a coworker's hairstyle or clothing was acceptable. I cannot imagine. Who would DO that?
I would imagine some of the A-holes from High School grow up and become A-holes in the workplace. I've known a few.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

How can the media be stuneed this far in that it is an act of terrorism -- we all knew that 36 hours in

who could still be "pondering" that other than the media??

Honestly it seemed that most of the websleuths knew it was terrorism the same night after it happened. Although they were still speculating, most pretty much knew and they were right.

Okay, I did my bit tonight. Went to the US border and spoke to an agent. He seemed invested in what I said. Promised it will be followed up. Asked lots of questions. By-passed the Canadians completely and went direct to the US.

Fingers crossed that this time it is taken seriously.

Good for you. Perhaps your timing made them take notice.

and not being I know they're lying but just because they are all biased. The father is estranged so he may be motivated to both make himself look and them bad and the rest of the family is likely most concerned about how all this will impact them. Not that is a terrible thing; it is fairly human. But none of them should, or will, have their statements taken at face value.

Part of why I was so mad at the lawyers on Friday. Them talking about what the FBI "knew" as though they were working together and the FBI was confiding in them. Please.

You know.... I am so damn sure I read an article (can't remember where right now will try find link)
That the father and mother were having marriage difficulties so we're estranged. But that dad also was quite a strong willed Muslim. And the family therefore were indoctrinated with quite radical Islamic views.
Ugh I'm annoyed now I can't remember.... gonna go Google. ... lol else I'll not sleep. Tonight as it will bug me.

Breaking; Fox News
Significant Tips
FBI Making Headway in Banking transactions & Finances, both domestic and international connections; warrants served..

Did you begin with "Funny you should ask..."

LOL, I actually wondered if I would be pulled into the office to explain (no problem, I would have). I made notes before I went. References to the various depts. that didn't give a damn. If I had gone in I would have shown them that too. Maybe NOW they are more serious, but then...well, it just made no sense at all, NONE.

Breaking; Fox News
Significant Tips
FBI Making Headway in Banking transactions & Finances, both domestic and international connections; warrants served..

excellent. This will be interesting to follow.

I am not trained- I do not know what I would be supposed to be "suspicious " of except a "back pack"
It does not take training. It takes common sense and being observant. Everybody should be watching what is happening in their own environment. I had an experience that really had me nervous. I was walking into a store at Christmas time to do some shopping. As I walked through the parking lot I noticed a man loading a gun in his front seat. I made a mental note of the color of the car and where it was so I could notify security in the store. When I got closer I saw that there was an armoured car in front. Now I was very nervous. I walked in and saw the courier walking towards the exit with a bag. I kept trying to get his attention but I am sure his training says never stop, keep walking. I finally hurried in front of him and just said " There's a man with a gun out there. At that point he stopped to hear me out. I pointed out where the car was ans which car and he got his gun out as he walked to the armored vehicle. Nothing happened so the man I saw must have been OK but what if he wasn't? I would never forgive myself if I didn't report what I saw and the man ended up shooting the guard.

If something seems out of place, report it. You could save a life, or a neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garybeans