CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the same issues here in the UK. Some Imams have suggested to keep a watchful eye on the young quiet more shy Mosque members. To address the subject of Radicalization. And that it bears no meaning from the word of the Prophet. Or in the Qur'an.
To if you like denounce Radical Islam. That ISIS stands for..
I think it's a case that Imams and citizens of the neighbourhood need to work together on. And the Local LE. jmo

Does the UK have moderate muslims that are coordinated, highly visible, and vocally outspoken in opposition to what these radicalized islamists do? For instance, when an attack occurs to they do a presser speaking out against the terrorists? TIA

World's Largest Islamic Organization Tells ISIS To Get Lost

A 50-million strong Sunni movement in Indonesia just launched a global anti-extremism campaign.

Each time the Islamic State, al Qaeda or another terrorist group commits violence in the name of Islam, a familiar refrain arises: What's the Muslim world doing about it?

In fact, anti-extremism efforts abound in the global Muslim community: Muslim leaders and scholars have denounced the Islamic State group, the U.K.'s Muslim Youth League has declared "ideological holy war" against extremism, and YouTube has even tried to recruit American Muslims to counter extremist content.

And in Indonesia, home of the world's largest Muslim population, a massive anti-extremism movement is underway.

Nahdlatul Ulama, or NU, is the largest independent Islamic organization in the world, with 50 million members. Part Sunni religious body, part political party and part charity, it was founded nearly 90 years ago, in 1926, as a response to another Sunni movement, Wahabbism.

Wahhabism is the ultra-conservative reform movement based in Saudi Arabia that advocates for puritanical laws from the time of Islam's origins. It rejects the modern notion of "religion as a purely private activity" and the separation of church and state. The Islamic State is highly committed to Wahhabi principles, using its religious textbooks and embracing its hardline tradition of killing unbelievers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/indonesian-muslims-counter-isis_565c737ae4b072e9d1c26bda

Some tweets are repeats others not. If they are, just scroll on by...

Bill Neely ‏@BillNeelyNBC 1h1 hour ago
The couple who killed 14 people in California had target practice days before, the FBI says.
They visited ranges in the LA area.

FBI also says the couple who massacred 14 in California had been "radicalised for quite some time".

Bill Neely ‏@BillNeelyNBC 55m55 minutes ago
Focus will shift to the LA firing ranges where the couple practiced before killing 14; but how unusual were they there? Probably not at all.

Bill Neely ‏@BillNeelyNBC 37m37 minutes ago
California killers. In my report on Tashfeen Malik, locals say she wanted revenge after the killing of Osama bin Laden. On @NBCNightlyNews

Bill Neely ‏@BillNeelyNBC 34m34 minutes ago
People from her area are reported to have said Tashfeen Malik reached out to extremist groups after bin Laden killing & was "brainwashed"

https://twitter.com/BillNeelyNBC

From the New York Times today:

BREAKING NEWS

The couple in the San Bernardino rampage had long been radicalized, and practiced at a target range, the F.B.I. said

Monday, December 7, 2015 3:31 PM EST
Both the assailants in the deadly attack in San Bernardino, Calif., that killed 14 people last week had been radicalized for a long time and had been practicing their aim at a target range just days before their murder spree, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said Monday.
Read more »

Thank god we have a level headed President and advisers who know better than to further inflame the situation.

POTUS and admin know more and do more than what is in the news.

Trump et al should wait until they are in office before spouting off. Talking big is easy when you are not responsible for making the decisions.

If candidates are not big enough people to stay silent and wholeheartedly support our country in a time of shock and grief they have no business in office. The victims haven’t been buried yet and they are using the tragedy as an excuse to enhance their campaigns risking our country's safety.

IMO

The couple who killed 14 people in California had target practice days before, the FBI says.
They visited ranges in the LA area.

FBI also says the couple who massacred 14 in California had been "radicalised for quite some time".

Focus will shift to the LA firing ranges where the couple practiced before killing 14; but how unusual were they there? Probably not at all.

Bill Neely ‏@BillNeelyNBC 37m37 minutes ago
California killers. In my report on Tashfeen Malik, locals say she wanted revenge after the killing of Osama bin Laden. On @NBCNightlyNews

Bill Neely ‏@BillNeelyNBC 34m34 minutes ago
People from her area are reported to have said Tashfeen Malik reached out to extremist groups after bin Laden killing & was "brainwashed"

BBM

Though, no one thought to call LE? Baffling.

Given the recent state of affairs if i could legally carry a hand gun I think I would. Our laws prohibit me from carrying one other than to a gun range. Today as I said earlier I drove to the Lake. Always a place i can decompress. Especially when i get wrapped in a case here. Connect with nature and it reminds me all is good. I didn't have that experience today. Sadly. This is just a nightmare with no simple answer. Close the dang borders and stop letting folks in until we can take care and protect our own!

Just a snippet, but, interesting read:

How the Biggest Social Media Companies Are Taking on ISIS

In the San Bernardino case, Facebook said it took down Malik’s profile, established under an alias, for violating its community standards, which prohibit praise or promotion of “acts of terror.” The spokesman said there was pro-Islamic State content on the page but declined to elaborate.

http://fortune.com/2015/12/07/facebook-google-twitter-isis/

Thank god we have a level headed President and advisers who know better than to further inflame the situation.

POTUS and admin know more and do more than what is in the news.

Trump et al should wait until they are in office before spouting off. Talking big is easy when you are not responsible for making the decisions.

If candidates are not big enough people to stay silent and wholeheartedly support our country in a time of shock and grief they have no business in office. The victims haven’t been buried yet and they are using the tragedy as an excuse to enhance their campaigns risking our country's safety.

IMO

Sorry I disagree!
Over and over we have heard BO say "I just learned about this or that on the news"
That's not knowing to much IMO

He has been talking about this problem since JUNE while others pretended it didn't exist!

Now you think he should STOP talking about it after it comes out that he was RIGHT?

Fellow WS'ers I have a question and wondered what some of your thoughts are.

Does anyone think that moderate Muslims are the key to help in identifying potential terrorists in the homeland?

It seems as if every time some radical islamic terrorist kills here in the US (Abdulhakim Muhammad-Little Rock 2009, Nidal Hasan-Ft. Hood 2009, Texas; Tamerlan & Dzhokhar Tsarnaev-Boston Marathon 2013; Muhammad Abdulazeez-Chattanooga, Tennessee 2015; and Syed Farook & Tasheed Malik-San Bernardino, California 2015) people always say there were no signs to indicate what was going on with him/her or they say they were afraid to be labeled a racial profilier/islamophobe.

Perhaps enlisting/encouraging the help of other average, everyday moderate Muslims (sorry not those of CAIR) in identifying "warning signs" would be the way to go for the next WH Admin.

Did you see Ayaan Hirsi Ali on CNN last week? I want to read her book "Heretic."

[video=youtube;P3AZmhq_1E4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3AZmhq_1E4[/video]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaan_Hirsi_Ali

Hirsi Ali is the daughter of the Somali politician and opposition leader Hirsi Magan Isse. She and her family left Somalia in 1977 for Saudi Arabia, then Ethiopia, and later settled in Kenya. In 1992, Ali sought and obtained political asylum in the Netherlands. Following graduate work, she published articles on her political views and spoke in support of Muslim women becoming atheist.

Sorry I disagree!
Over and over we have heard BO say "I just learned about this or that on the news"
That's not knowing to much IMO

Come on! That’s just an expression.

Believe me BO gets more information than just what is on the news.

mo

until we stop loking for easy answers , religion, skin color , where one was born , and start looking at info

83% of mass murders are perped by white 30-40 year old american whites

its hopeless

until we start looking for gun infatuation, lonliness, etc etc it will not change

today its all aobut muslims while ignoring the numbers

83% of mass murders are perped by white 30-40 year old american whites

that is just the reality , until that is acknowledged

At the point when they do something like this they're not Muslims any more, just the same way someone like Eric Rudolph was no longer a Christian when he started his career as a terrorist. So IMO the thing we have to do is find out WHY they turn to terrorism and prevent it from happening. Controlling access to weapons isn't going to help, metal detectors aren't going to help, "If you see something say something" isn't going to help, keeping immigrants and refugees isn't going to help.

And dropping bombs on their families is not going to help.

I'm not hopeless though. There has to be something, right? All the horrific things humans have done to each other we've managed - so far - to get in there and put an end to it. This is just something that's never been done before and everything anyone does makes it worse.

Depressing, but not hopeless.

He has been talking about this problem since JUNE while others pretended it didn't exist!

Now you think he should STOP talking about it after it comes out that he was RIGHT?

Pretended or kept quiet so as not to put others in danger?

Being right is for children being a leader is for those who are wise in their words and actions.

imo

Does the UK have moderate muslims that are coordinated, highly visible, and vocally outspoken in opposition to what these radicalized islamists do? For instance, when an attack occurs to they do a presser speaking out against the terrorists? TIA

We do have our 'local' Imams speak out. Or the Imams spokesperson. On his behalf. As most are in senior years and speak mainly their respective languages.
But when you get people like ANJEM CHOUDRY who has been given sooo much air time tv radio blogs vlogs twitter you name it. He has been linked to many even British born and bred young men who have left to become a Jihadist. And have died out in Iraq when ISIS were first gaining ground in Iraq before Syria.
There was a documentary about one of the Jihadis. From a mom's point of view. How her quiet loving son became a bloodthirsty Jihadi. I'll see if I can get the link.
But it's got to be worked on by all. The Imams the Mosque guards Senators Congress LE Obama. Everyone had gotta pull on the same string. Else it won't work. Imo

If she were wearing a niqab at the firing range, that would not be that usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans