CA - 2-month old baby found dead in hot car - June 20, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s frustrating that we’ve not had any updates from LE yet. All we know so far is:

The girl’s family told investigators that they had arrived home, on Settle Road near Dalehurst Road, about 3 p.m. June 12, and the child was found about nine hours later, Nguyen said.

No mention of date nights, babysitters or leaving the house again that afternoon/evening.

Of course any of that could be the case, as could anything else that we’ve not considered. I’m hard pressed to either find fault with the parents or write this off as yet another case of Forgotten Baby Syndrome without more information.

Having raised three kids in South Florida I can’t imagine forgetting a two month old in a car for over 9 hours. I was always busy feeding, changing, bathing and entertaining my infants so all I can think of is there’s something LE hasn’t shared that would explain why this little girl was forgotten.

Hard as it is I’ll try to keep an open mind until then. I’ll note that neither dad has been charged with a crime.
MOO

There must be major information not being reported. But I can't see two parents both being there the whole time after 3:00 pm, awake the whole time, and both just forgetting the baby, so there must be more to it. I wonder if more will be reported.
Agreed: I’ve checked for updates several times but so far, nothing.

It’s frustrating that we’ve not had any updates from LE yet. All we know so far is:

The girl’s family told investigators that they had arrived home, on Settle Road near Dalehurst Road, about 3 p.m. June 12, and the child was found about nine hours later, Nguyen said.

No mention of date nights, babysitters or leaving the house again that afternoon/evening.

Of course any of that could be the case, as could anything else that we’ve not considered. I’m hard pressed to either find fault with the parents or write this off as yet another case of Forgotten Baby Syndrome without more information.

Having raised three kids in South Florida I can’t imagine forgetting a two month old in a car for over 9 hours. I was always busy feeding, changing, bathing and entertaining my infants so all I can think of is there’s something LE hasn’t shared that would explain why this little girl was forgotten.

Hard as it is I’ll try to keep an open mind until then. I’ll note that neither dad has been charged with a crime.
MOO
Yes, this is why I’ve always felt that either a. The 2 dads believed she was somewhere else (supposed to be dropped somewhere but someone forgot). OR b. that someone else was supposed to be babysitting and somehow got things mixed up.

True, the 2 dads have not been charged, but then again neither has anyone else. Very difficult to figure this out when there’s been no updates and no real information to work with.

No excuse in this case as far as I'm concerned.
Just bouncing off your post to repost this article in the Washington Post from several years ago explaining how this can literally happen to anyone. It’s well worth reading, even though it’s quite distressing.

Just bouncing off your post to repost this article in the Washington Post from several years ago explaining how this can literally happen to anyone. It’s well worth reading, even though it’s quite distressing.

To add, health care professionals and even pediatricians have lost children this way. One example of a pediatrician: Infant found dead in car

To add, health care professionals and even pediatricians have lost children this way. One example of a pediatrician: Infant found dead in car
Yes, it happens to doctors and nurses and professors. It is most definitely not confined to the neglectful addict as some would like to think.

I remember reading that article from the Washington Post and there was this section about a prominent scholar who also forgot his 10 month old baby in the car:

Warschauer is a Fulbright scholar, specializing in the use of laptops to spread literacy to children. In the summer of 2003, he returned to his office from lunch to find a crowd surrounding a car in the parking lot. Police had smashed the window open with a crowbar. Only as he got closer did Warschauer realize it was his car. That was his first clue that he’d forgotten to drop his 10-month-old son, Mikey, at day care that morning. Mikey was dead.
Warschauer wasn’t charged with a crime, but for months afterward he contemplated suicide. Gradually, he says, the urge subsided, if not the grief and guilt.

“We lack a term for what this is,” Warschauer says. And also, he says, we need an understanding of why it happens to the people it happens to.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back