CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He’s got a “suicide vest” on, which is what we used to call it. We put those on inmates who were actively trying to end their life or were at high risk of doing it.

That could explain why he hasn’t been officially booked into jail. JMO!

View attachment 372376
when i worked at jail, they only wear those in the safety cell or observation, and his suicide attempt previous to arrest would def be a reason for his placement there. we called it safety cell gown but it does look like a long vest.

The New York Times reported that the brothers have been booked into the Merced County Jail but the Inmate Search here Inmate Search still does not bring up their names when searched. Wonder what's up?
I think they may not live till the process if it gets known what they did. Can you imagine, killing a mother and leaving an 8-mo old baby to die? So, either another jail, or, fake names. I think, maybe a different county, even.

OCT 11, 2022
"It's not going to go fast."

Legal expert Logan McKechnie is talking about the murder case involving four Merced County family members.

[...]

McKechnie says if the death penalty is on the table, it creates new requirements in court and comes at a higher price for the state.

"It's more expensive, frankly, to kill somebody in California, legally, than it is to lock them up for the rest of their life," he said. "The last death penalty case I did, which was about a decade ago, cost the government $650,000. This case will cost more than that more than likely."

On Monday, the victims' loved ones gathered to console one another after Salgado's first appearance in court, where he did not enter a plea because he wants more time to hire an attorney.

[...]

Salgado is scheduled to be back in court on Thursday, October 13.

Officials say if charges are filed against his brother, he could appear in court this week.

OCT 11, 2022

Legal expert Logan McKechnie is talking about the murder case involving four Merced County family members.

[...]

McKechnie says if the death penalty is on the table, it creates new requirements in court and comes at a higher price for the state.

"It's more expensive, frankly, to kill somebody in California, legally, than it is to lock them up for the rest of their life," he said. "The last death penalty case I did, which was about a decade ago, cost the government $650,000. This case will cost more than that more than likely."

On Monday, the victims' loved ones gathered to console one another after Salgado's first appearance in court, where he did not enter a plea because he wants more time to hire an attorney.

[...]

Officials say if charges are filed against his brother, he could appear in court this week.
I hope the death penalty (DP) is on the table for JS but it will depend on many factors based on whether prosecutors think they can get it. If mental illness is a factor then a jury might be reluctant to impose the death penalty so it could endanger a conviction by seeking it.

I have no sympathy for JS but in this particular case I would prefer LWOP.

But I would want to hear the family's thoughts as well. India is one of just a few countries in the world that still have the DP but it is reserved for especially egregious cases. If I were a prosecutor I think I would see what they think would be justice and weigh that in my decision. It is much harder and more expensive to get a DP conviction and there are decades of appeals. LWOP might let the family move on and still secure the public. It might even be cheaper for teh taxpayers. But I have no idea what the family's wishes might be.

I hope the death penalty (DP) is on the table for JS but it will depend on many factors based on whether prosecutors think they can get it. If mental illness is a factor then a jury might be reluctant to impose the death penalty so it could endanger a conviction by seeking it.

But I would want to hear the family's thoughts as well. India is one of just a few countries in the world that still have the DP but it is reserved for especially egregious cases. If I were a prosecutor I think I would see what they think would be justice and weigh that in my decision. It is much harder and more expensive to get a DP conviction and there are decades of appeals. LWOP might let the family move on and still secure the public. It might even be cheaper for teh taxpayers. But I have no idea what the family's wishes might be.

ETA: I don't think the brother did much. We have not heard details but I suspect all he did was burn the truck after they were dead. He may have done this before JS confessed his involvement and may have been the one to alert police. We will just have to wait and see.

I am from WA. It is probably as hard to get DP in California as it would be here. Plus, realistically, JS is 48; the time till execution would probably be equal to LWOP.

OCT 11, 2022

[...]

[...]

BBM yes, thats why i always point this out when i hear the proverbial "i dont want to support them for life" argument. its not financially feasible. LWOP.

Why does JS have both 4 counts of “attempted murder” and then 4 counts of “murder”? Does that mean there was a first unsuccessful effort to kill the family members? I would’ve just thought “murder” would be the charge.
This is just a guess on my part, because I don’t know for sure. If he’s charged with attempted murder and murder and a jury can’t (for whatever reason) convict him on murder, there’s at least a lesser charge to fall back on.

Or the booking officer messed up when entering the charges. As always, JMO.

[...]

Salgado will be back in court on Dec. 15.

Relatives announced that 8-month-old Aroohi Dheri, her parents Jasdeep Singh and Jasleen Kaur, and her uncle, Amandeep Singh will be laid to rest on Saturday in Turlock.

The funeral will be closed to the public but anyone who would like to support the family can gather outside the venue.

[...]

Salgado will be back in court on Dec. 15.

Relatives announced that 8-month-old Aroohi Dheri, her parents Jasdeep Singh and Jasleen Kaur, and her uncle, Amandeep Singh will be laid to rest on Saturday in Turlock.

The funeral will be closed to the public but anyone who would like to support the family can gather outside the venue.
Seriously??
He confessed to his parents and then tried to kill himself.
Buddy, just stand up and admit it in public. Don't take the cheap way out. You suck as a human being.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back