GUILTY CA - Abdullah Alkadi, 23, Los Angeles, 17 Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, he's either sold the car and is using the money to fuel a separation from whatever troubles him... school stress, family issues, etc. Or, he's been taken advantage of... and, unfortunately, this likely means measures were taken to keep him silent.

Wish the best for him and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've shared a link to this thread with his friends, hopefully they will log in.

It seems like LE is not thinking the person who bought the car on Craiglist is a suspect, based on the articles I've read. That's quite a coincidence though :/ I hope they can find out more info ASSAP

When I first saw this on the news a couple days ago, I knew I needed to put it here, in case there was anything we could do to help. I just felt so sad and worried his case would go unnoticed compared to all the press that say missing college girls get.

But I cant imagine how one would expect to sell one for 36k on craigslist? That's a lot of money to be exchanging hands. I think it got him some bad attention from the wrong people.

That's what I would have thought too, but I did a search of Audi's on the Los Angeles Craigslist and there were several (at least 20) ads of ones posted for over $30k. It seems common.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...case-of-missing-student-of-Saudi-origins.html

KABC-TV said police believe the case to be suspicious

I'd like to know what makes it concerning. Not to be insensitive, but young men go missing with regularity and they seem to get the least media and LE urgency, imo. I have seen no reference of suspected foul play or anything that explains why there is such concern.

That said, I'm glad that Abdullah is getting attention and hope he's found safe soon!

I'd like to know if he was having any personal problems. Money, romance, school, etc.

maybe he was going to the bank to deposit the money he just got for the sale and something happened there? Don't know why I am giving the buyer a break, just looking for alternative scenarios - of which there are oodles.

maybe he was going to the bank to deposit the money he just got for the sale and something happened there? Don't know why I am giving the buyer a break, just looking for alternative scenarios - of which there are oodles.

That's certainly a possibility, and a very interesting consideration.
They could check ATM cam and/or other cameras in area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...case-of-missing-student-of-Saudi-origins.html

I'd like to know what makes it concerning. Not to be insensitive, but young men go missing with regularity and they seem to get the least media and LE urgency, imo. I have seen no reference of suspected foul play or anything that explains why there is such concern.

That said, I'm glad that Abdullah is getting attention and hope he's found safe soon!

I'd like to know if he was having any personal problems. Money, romance, school, etc.

I think that if a member of any prominent international family went missing in the US, that would be concerning to LE. JMO.

Alkadi was planning to sell his Audi to a man he met through Craigslist, LAPD Detective Merrill and family members said. The man agreed to come to Alkadi's apartment last week to buy the car, Alkadi's cousin Allison Alomair said. The family has since not heard from Alkadi..

Alkadi had another car, which is still at his apartment, Alomair said.==================================================

So who is this person that was interviewed that supposedly bought his car?

Imo, "prominence" should not be a factor, missing is missing and we should all be looked for if necessary. I think many of us WSers will agree that young men are often lowest priority in SAR unless there is evidence of foul play or other reasons to believe the man is in immediate danger.

I'm concerned, but what is LE's reason for the wording? I haven't seen any mention of specific reasons they're concerned. There's just very little in the way of specifics. :-/
I think that if a member of any prominent international family went missing in the US, that would be concerning to LE. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back