GUILTY CA - Abdullah Alkadi, 23, Los Angeles, 17 Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, I thought the sale took place in Riverside!

I hope they're looking into this transaction thoroughly! This span of time seems to be key. Best wishes to the family.
Alkadi was planning to sell his Audi to a man he met through Craigslist, LAPD Detective Merrill and family members said. The man agreed to come to Alkadi's apartment last week to buy the car, Alkadi's cousin Allison Alomair said. The family has since not heard from Alkadi..

Alkadi had another car, which is still at his apartment, Alomair said.==================================================

So who is this person that was interviewed that supposedly bought his car?

I see Abdullah had been home to Saudi Arabia for the summer.

I do wonder why when he returned to the US he soon after listed his car for sale???

I might have sold my car before I left so not to concern myself with it (parking, storage) while I was thousands of miles away in my homeland for a few months.

But everyone thinks differently, especially if money isn't an object.

He said on his twitter he wants to make a difference in the future.

I sure hope he turns up soon.

Where are you Abdullah?

:candle:

I'd like to know more about the Craigslist part of the story too. Not to sleuth the buyer but because the timing is too coincidental for my comfort.

I hope he is found - and that he's safe. I feel for his brother and family.

Yes, so strange. There is an interview with the new owner of the vehicle. Yet the roommates say he had someone coming to buy his car, they have not seen him since?

[Alkadi was planning to sell his Audi to a man he met through Craigslist, LAPD Detective Merrill and family members said. The man agreed to come to Alkadi's apartment last week to buy the car, Alkadi's cousin Allison Alomair said. The family has since not heard from Alkadi..]

I am sure LE has checked into this, since the detective knew of it. But the article is very confusing.

5'3'' and 120#.... unfortunately Abdullah is a pretty small guy and I fear he easily could have been overtaken when meeting a stranger for a Craig's List transaction. :(

5'3'' and 120#.... unfortunately Abdullah is a pretty small guy and I fear he easily could have been overtaken when meeting a stranger for a Craig's List transaction. :(

I was thinking the same thing too! He seems like a nice guy and if he wasn't born here, he may be too trusting. I have a few people in my co-op that aren't from here. Even though some of them have lived here for a long time, they still don't know how some things work. I feel something terrible has happened. He sounds like a studious guy and he hasn't been to class for over a week. Just terrible :(!

I wonder if Abdullah was depressed, maybe suicidal? His last tweet seems ominous. Did he recently meet a young woman that maybe he fell for? (Noting the date of Sept 15, which would have been Sept 14 here in the USA, but the article is Arab so they're ahead.)

http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/633756

Saudi scholarship student missing in US
Abdullah Abdullatif Alkadi
DAMMAM: ARAB NEWS
Published — Monday 22 September 2014
Last update 22 September 2014 1:18 am

24dm2z5.jpg

According to the Los Angeles Daily News, his brother told a local news agency that he went missing after selling his car. Police said they have located the vehicle and its new owner but found no link between the sale and Alkadi's disappearance.

“We have been in misery for the last two days,” Ahmed Alkadi told local news agencies. “We have tried everything. We called friends. We called relatives. We called everybody we knew and with no news. We are so worried about him.”

Abdullah’s last tweet, published on Sept. 15, read: “God make me happier, for I have suffered. Give me rest and don’t disappoint me, for you are my Lord.”

The search is in full swing on social media sites. Police also published a recent photo of Alkadi on its website, with a description stating that Abdullah is of Middle Eastern origin, weighs 110 pounds, has black hair and brown eyes and was wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans at the time of his disappearance.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...student-missing-car-craigslist-276201881.html

"Bring My Brother Back": SoCal Student Missing After Craigslist Car Deal
The man negotiated the sale of his car through Craigslist and hasn't been seen since
By Christina Cocca
Tuesday, Sep 23, 2014 • Updated at 7:04 AM PDT

Alkadi was planning to sell his Audi to a man he met through Craigslist, LAPD Detective Merrill and family members said.

The man agreed to come to Alkadi's apartment last week to buy the car, Alkadi's cousin Allison Alomair said. The family has since not heard from Alkadi, whose parents live in Saudi Arabia.

Alkadi had another car, which is still at his apartment, Alomair said.

Alkadi is described as a Middle Eastern man with black hair and brown eyes, 5 feet 3 inches tall and about 110 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans or beige shorts, Los Angeles police said.

This young man didn't only had 2 very nice cars, it appears his wardrobe is valuable as well. Armani is very nice quality but one has to pay high prices for that quality. There's a difference between Armani Exchange & Armani Couture, but looks like some of his stuff is the higher end. I wonder if he could have been targeted for ransom, or for his belongings. Only thing is if he was targeted then why not steal the Lexus? He sold the Audi and police say the buyer isn't related to the disappearance, but could someone else viewing the ad on Craigslist have targeted Abdullah?

Anybody find the original Craigslist ad where he was trying to sell his car?

You raise a good point. Anyone that has expressed interest in the car should be looked at, imo. He could have met with someone previously, given his address, etc. Craigslist is a scary place in So Cal.
I am concerned about the tone of his last tweet, but I'm trying not to focus on that because so much could be lost in translation of language and context.
I feel awful for his loved ones, they seem very distraught!
This young man didn't only had 2 very nice cars, it appears his wardrobe is valuable as well. Armani is very nice quality but one has to pay high prices for that quality. There's a difference between Armani Exchange & Armani Couture, but looks like some of his stuff is the higher end. I wonder if he could have been targeted for ransom, or for his belongings. Only thing is if he was targeted then why not steal the Lexus? He sold the Audi and police say the buyer isn't related to the disappearance, but could someone else viewing the ad on Craigslist have targeted Abdullah?

Anybody find the original Craigslist ad where he was trying to sell his car?

What was his plan after selling the Audi? Was the Audi transaction complete? How was he planning on getting back to his house (apt?)

So the man bought the Audi, did he just drive away and leave Abdullah standing in the bank or what?

I can't imagine how his parents feel, it must be such a helpless feeling.

What was his plan after selling the Audi? Was the Audi transaction complete? How was he planning on getting back to his house (apt?)

So the man bought the Audi, did he just drive away and leave Abdullah standing in the bank or what?

I can't imagine how his parents feel, it must be such a helpless feeling.

I thought the buyer went to Abdullah's house?

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...student-missing-car-craigslist-276201881.html

The man agreed to come to Alkadi's apartment last week to buy the car, Alkadi's cousin Allison Alomair said. The family has since not heard from Alkadi, whose parents live in Saudi Arabia.

The FBI is assisting in the investigation of a Cal State Northridge student from Saudi Arabia who was reported missing by his brother two weeks ago, police said Wednesday.

Detective Frank Flores of the LAPD’s Robbery Homicide division said the FBI is the only federal agency currently assisting the department in the search for Abdullah Alkadi, 23.

“It’s part of the investigation,” Flores said. “Given the person involved, his background, he’s a foreign student — there’s some interest.”

Flores said the department is following up on all available leads but would not offer further details on where the investigation is headed.[/url]
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...un-student-and-saudi-national-abdullah-alkadi

I don't intend to be inflammatory...
- What about the possibility of him faking a disappearance in order to go "underground"?

I realize there is nothing factual to suggest this. This is pure speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back