GUILTY CA - Abdullah Alkadi, 23, Los Angeles, 17 Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Student’s death in US: Cousin reveals details
- 6 hours ago

...The LAPD had announced on Saturday that no information on the case would be released until a press conference is held on Monday.

His cousin, however, has revealed new information about events in the hours leading up to Abdullah's disappearance.

"Abdullah was kidnapped from in front of his house," said Essam.

"He had last communicated via telephone with his cousins, agreeing to meet them at a restaurant in Los Angeles to study." "His cousins went to look for him after he failed to show up two hours later and stopped answering his phone."

https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/student-death-us-cousin-reveals-details-070045260.html

...Abdullah Abdullatif Alkadi, aged 23, disappeared over a month ago after selling his car on Craigslist. According to a report on LosCerritosNews.net, the two men arrested in connection with Alkadi's death were allegedly involved in the sale of the car. This would seemingly contradict initial reports that the transaction was not linked to his disappearance. A third suspect is also currently being sought in the case, and police reportedly know who they are looking for.

The report also states that the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office may be looking into possibly pushing for the death penalty in the case.

http://laist.com/2014/10/19/two_men_arrested_in_connection_with.php

So the arrests came before Abdullah's body was found? Did somebody talk?

Prosecutors on Monday charged Agustin Rosendo Fernandez, 28, with one count of murder with special circumstances of murder during a robbery and murder during a carjacking, according to a statement by the DA's office. The complaint against Fernandez also alleges personal use of a deadly weapon, a knife.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...e-CSUN-Student-Abdullah-Alkadi-279806292.html
This is so sad. Presser is supposed to be this afternoon, but I'm not sure what time. I hope they expose the 2nd and 3rd people too.

Presser was suppose to be at 3 pm. I missed it.

Here is what was on my FB newsfeed:

http://abc7.com/news/2-arrested-in-connection-w--death-of-csun-student/357918/
Alkadi had posted his Audi on Craigslist for over $30,000, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said. He vanished Sept. 17 after meeting a potential buyer, who police identified as Agustin Rosendo Fernandez.

Beck said the second person who had been arrested is no longer in custody, but remains under investigation.

Fernandez is eligible for the death penalty due to the special circumstance allegations. Prosecutors will decide at a later date whether to seek death or life in prison.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...e-CSUN-Student-Abdullah-Alkadi-279806292.html

Alkadi disappeared while showing the Audi to what he believed was a prospective buyer, Beck said. Fernandez allegedly used a knife to kill Alkadi in an attempt to keep the car, and disposed of his body alongside the 10 Freeway in Palm Desert, Beck said. Alkadi's body had multiple stab wounds...

"There were several contacts, it took place over two or three days," Beck said, adding that the two met at Alkadi’s residence initially. Beck said he would not give any more details on the transaction.

LAPD Capt. William Hayes of the Robbery-Homicide Division said on Monday investigators spoke with Fernandez earlier in the investigation but did not arrest him right away... "The evidence supported and continues to support the arrest and prosecution of Mr. Fernandez," Beck said. "At this point, we are not going forward with the other one."

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81733117/

Investigators believe Alkadi was killed not long after he met Fernandez, but the coroner has yet to complete tests on the victim's body, Hayes said.

Police allege Fernandez dumped Alkadi's body along the 10 Freeway in Palm Desert, nearly 150 miles from his home. Beck said Fernandez was arrested Thursday morning and made statements leading investigators to Alkadi's body, which was discovered that evening. A source familiar with the investigation said detectives believe Alkadi's body was dumped soon after he was killed.

The Audi was also recovered, Beck said, and forensic evidence indicated it was "somehow involved." He did not elaborate.

How sad! I somehow missed that he was found :(. I don't understand some people.

funny how the judge wouldn't allow photograph of accused......

he traded two lives for a car: abdullah's and his own; hope the car was so extraordinary that it was worth the trade (sarcasm)
go in peace abdullah...

Urgh. Special circumstances/DP on the table - it must have been horrific. I feel so bad for Abdullah and his family, but glad the presumed perp has been found.

Not sure how they do it in CA, but usually the seller and buyer has to both sign the title at the DMV, AAA or Notarized tag office. There should be cctv of them at the office.

Don't need to do that here. We just sign the transfer area on the back of the title, get a receipt, and that's it. The new owner then takes the title to the dmv to register the car. The actual sale can take place anywhere.
Not sure how they do it in CA, but usually the seller and buyer has to both sign the title at the DMV, AAA or Notarized tag office. There should be cctv of them at the office.

Urgh. Special circumstances/DP on the table - it must have been horrific. I feel so bad for Abdullah and his family, but glad the presumed perp has been found.

I don't know what the legal definition of "special circumstances" entails..
Does it have to do with severity of attack? Or, is it regarding the exchange of merchandise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the 'special circumstances' involve an element of pre-planning, or premeditation, often leading to prosecutors seeking the death penalty in CA.

However, I think the young age of the suspect will mean prosecutors don't pursue the death penalty, in this case. That's my opinion only.

I've been MIA for a few days and just saw the news about Abdullah. How sad. It seems as though Abdullah was a smart young with a lot of potential for a successful future.

I think it is extremely unlikely that this is NOT related to CL in one way or another.

Yes. You were right.

'Special circumstances' also covers murders committed for money and financial reasons.

I think. I am not a lawyer. My experience is all from researching Bob Harrod's case, who is missing in California and was wealthy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back