Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry to belabor this point, but why have a car that needs some maintenance, tags, inspection, $$$, if you don't have a driver's license and can't/won't drive it. This makes no sense. For whatever reason, this bugs me.

It could be that he’s just a young guy saving money and kind of lazy- Didn’t need to fix the car or pay the insurance on it since he’d moved in with his gf and he could use hers.

Personally, the car doesn’t bother me much. It doesn’t strike me a weird that he didn’t keep it up, and I also can’t come up with a scenario where his car in this case makes a difference in his disappearance.

MOO.

I just wonder if he didn’t leave voluntarily for some reason. LE would keep in mind he is an adult and has a right to go wherever he wants, when he wants and have the privacy to do so. With his parents going back to work, I half think they believe that as well. JMO
Yeah but it doesn’t seem to make any sense under the circumstances.

This seems out of the ordinary, and what are the odds of him deciding to go missing (on a whim), right after having an argument with his girlfriend?

I don’t think this is complicated, as with these are all too common circumstances.

Alcohol and nearby water.

That theory would have been plausible but the police even stated that if he wound up in the river, he would have been found by now.

Plus, that bridge isn’t like the Golden Gate Bridge, where a lot of people commit suicide. It’s not like you would jump from it into the water and die. He would have jumped into the river and had to drown himself. There aren’t any suicides where people drown themselves.

There are some, but my example of one got deleted as off topic for some reason. You can google it though and find instances where people have committed suicide by deliberately putting themselves in a situation where they know they will drown.

Tempe, Arizona (a desert I grew up in has water nearby.) Every city in the USA has a major water source or it wouldn’t be a city.

Tempe, Arizona (a desert I grew up in has water nearby.) Every city in the USA has a major water source or it wouldn’t be a city.
This isn’t about a city having water, it’s about these exact same circumstances being repeated over and over. Everyone knows that drunk people have a habit of falling in water.

I can think of several cases near me where it’s occurred, and it only takes a quick Google search to come up with countless news accounts of similar events.

The odds of anything else happening here are far less likely than this all too common scenario.

Running away seems highly improbable.

A kidnapping under these circumstances seems incredibly far fetched.

I don’t understand why this has to be anything other than what it appears to be.

Yeah but it doesn’t seem to make any sense under the circumstances.

This seems out of the ordinary, and what are the odds of him deciding to go missing (on a whim), right after having an argument with his girlfriend?

I don’t think this is complicated, as with these are all too common circumstances.

Alcohol and nearby water.
There is always the alcohol and water element. Always. However, the water ways have all been searched and if he was in the water, his body would have surfaced by now.

Usually, if a girl disappears after a fight with her SO, we are looking at her man. So, OTOH, if it’s reversed, she’d have to have help. Or anyone harming him at the apartment would have to have help. There was no reported ruckus, right? JMO

he has a driver’s license... according to findalexholden.com:

“He was carrying his passport, driver license, white iPhone 7 with a clear case and Amazon asset tag on the back, Bank of America credit card, house/car keys, $60 cash, and AirPods.”
Substitute Driver’s License (which he left behind) for passport.

There is always the alcohol and water element. Always. However, the water ways have all been searched and if he was in the water, his body would have surfaced by now.

Usually, if a girl disappears after a fight with her SO, we are looking at her man. So, OTOH, if it’s reversed, she’d have to have help. Or anyone harming him at the apartment would have to have help. There was no reported ruckus, right? JMO
Rivers flow, and I don’t believe his body not being found necessarily means anything.

We know he was out drinking, and I can’t fathom any sort of foul play being pulled off this effectively.

I’m reminded of that drunk 49ers fan who left the stadium, couldn’t find his car after his cell phone died, and was ultimately swept down the Guadalupe River, before being found in San Francisco Bay.

These things happen.

Doesn't work that way in Sacramento, they put a 3 day notice to tow your car if you are parked on the street too long.
I stand corrected--I haven't lived in Midtown for some time and we didn't have timed parking back then that I can recall.

I looked at I Street on Google and there's no parking for street cleaning on Tuesday mornings and 2-hour timed parking during the week. So with a valid Resident Permit he'd be able to park in the same spot for 72 hours after that time was up.

But it's already been said that his car hadn't been running for some time--I'm trying to remember if it was part of the original news story as to why he walked instead of drove or what. I had the impression of "quite some time" but I don't think anyone ever said exactly how long.

I'm wondering if it had been sitting for quite a while but with the permit no one bothered to see how long and now that there was a news story the clock was ticking to move it.

Rivers flow, and I don’t believe his body not being found necessarily means anything.

We know he was out drinking, and I can’t fathom any sort of foul play being pulled off this effectively.

I’m reminded of that drunk 49ers fan who left the stadium, couldn’t find his car after his cell phone died, and was ultimately swept down the Guadalupe River, before being found in San Francisco Bay.

These things happen.

This scenario seemed most likely to me as well at first. And I still think it ranks up there as one of the better theories.

However, the more I’ve watched as the search has progressed (or not progressed as it were), the more likely I think it is that he got into a vehicle near his apartment.

But in the scenario where he was drunk and fell into the river, are you thinking he kept drinking at his apartment between 11:45 and 2:30am? Because I feel like that would have to be the case- otherwise he’d no longer still be drunk 3 hours later.

MOO.

They said he left his drivers license behind and took his passport.

Where do you see that? This is what’s on his official website:

according to findalexholden.com:

“He was carrying his passport, driver license, white iPhone 7 with a clear case and Amazon asset tag on the back, Bank of America credit card, house/car keys, $60 cash, and AirPods.”

Drowning isn't like in the movies. Many obstacles can prevent a body from surfacing.

Missing Sacramento man’s loved ones get help from volunteer divers

Jan 22, 2020

“They’ve done a lot of searches out on the riverbanks and they’ve done searches on top of the water. But there hasn’t been anybody that's actually dove into the water yet,” Pelley explained.

This scenario seemed most likely to me as well at first. And I still think it ranks up there as one of the better theories.

However, the more I’ve watched as the search has progressed (or not progressed as it were), the more likely I think it is that he got into a vehicle near his apartment.

But in the scenario where he was drunk and fell into the river, are you thinking he kept drinking at his apartment between 11:45 and 2:30am? Because I feel like that would have to be the case- otherwise he’d no longer still be drunk 3 hours later.

MOO.
It would be interesting to know if he continued drinking or not. God knows that’s what I did when I was his age.

Well, I guess anything is possible. It just all doesn’t add up to that. With that extensive search of the river, there is no doubt whatsoever that the body would be found. Ask any expert here on that river. Or ask the Sacramento Police.
My co-worker and his wife were in a fishing boat in that section of the river on Thanksgiving Day. The boat was found, engine running, slowly going in circles. There was a thread about their disappearance here at the time, because "everyone said" that if they'd fallen in, they'd have been found.

The family finally hired a private diving company and he was found the following May.

These things happen.

The 49ers case was shocking. The water immediately around the parking lot was very shallow, almost like marsh land. And yet he somehow got stuck, drowned, and was found down river. I really thought that one would end up as foul play but it was ruled an accident.

Where do you see that? This is what’s on his official website:

according to findalexholden.com:

I would swear that in the original news stories and statements, it said he only took his passport. I'm going to look around a bit.

If it was edited later, wonder why?

It's been reported both ways:

"Whether he went back to the bars after closing time, to Arden/Northgate, or onto the northward bike path, the 25-year-old is said to have been carrying his white iPhone 7, which appears to have run out of battery life. Holden also had his passport, which doubled as his wallet containing his debit card. (He did not carry a driver's license, according to reports, and rarely used his car.) Holden also carried the keys to his car and his apartment, along with AirPod earbuds, according to reports."

Sacramento police: 'No new information' on Alex Holden, missing since Dec. 31

Regarding the comments on: drunk and nearby water.

Please go to Google Maps and go to street view from 22 & I to the American River. It's 2.3 miles. And it's not like the bike trail runs right along the river where you just step off into the water. In every part that I've walked you had to slog through shrubs and tall weeds to get to the water's edge. And hope you didn't dodge around a big shrub and run into a homeless person. Or a wild animal.

I get that drunk people drown. But if you're that drunk that you'd drown would you really be capable of walking nearly 2 1/2 miles and then dodging through underbrush until you even found the water?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shirleymae
Back