Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So heartbreaking :( I am pretty familiar with this bridge from my bike rides. It would be difficult to accidentally fall off the bridge as there is a high chain-link fence on either side of the bridge. You could, however, climb the fence and jump off.

Google Maps

Yes, it would be hard to "accidentally fall" off this bridge.

bridge.jpg

That's what I've seen as well.

Kind of odd that the police were at a totally different location yesterday. I don't know what to make of that statement.

The spot where the police were parked (at the end of Northgate Boulevard) would be the easiest way to access the area with a vehicle, especially if he was found on the north side of the river.

Well that makes more sense. I tried to copy that post I was working off that claimed 2:10 am and it wouldn’t show up. It probably got deleted. Thanks for clearing that up Pommy.

I think this is what you saw:

inmyhumbleopinion said:
from article & quote in post #726
Chan said a second body was found in the general area of the American River Parkway at about 2:10 a.m. Monday, just along the bike trail.

‘This is just a death investigation at this point as well,’ Chan said, adding that investigators had not yet determined whether there were signs of foul play.

Doug Johnson on Twitter
2 bodies discovered near a bike path along the American River in past 24 hours. @SacPolice believe 1 is that of Alex Holden, missing since New Years Day. Coroner’s Office has yet to verify. PD says two deaths unrelated. @FOX40
EPUFr_3U0AA1jVv.jpg

12:14 PM - 27 Jan 2020

I think that his state of mind as reported to LE by family, friends etc may have directed the search from the start. We don’t know what the word “emotional” means in the context of the conversation with his girlfriend before leaving, or whether it was used by his girlfriend or just by the police. I do not think foul play was a factor, jmo.
I’m leaning toward there being no foul play involved as well but I do wonder what happened to his phone and his ear pods and whether there is any water in his lungs.

That said, after a month I would think it would be hard to determine exactly what occurred before an autopsy has taken place.

There are scenarios I can envision with the same end result, going over the bridge, that could be foul play. A mugging and an ensuing fight come to mind.

Doug Johnson on Twitter
2 bodies discovered near a bike path along the American River in past 24 hours. @SacPolice believe 1 is that of Alex Holden, missing since New Years Day. Coroner’s Office has yet to verify. PD says two deaths unrelated. @FOX40
EPUFr_3U0AA1jVv.jpg

12:14 PM - 27 Jan 2020
I AM wondering if it might be Ashleigh Smith that was found?
The last time her family heard from her was April 2018

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —

For the second time in two days, a body has been found along the American River in Sacramento, police said.

There is no evidence that the two death investigations are related, according to the Sacramento Police Department.

At about 2:10 a.m. Monday, police were notified of a body found in the area of Highway 160 and the American River Bike Trail.

Police went to the area and found a woman dead.

This death investigation is separate from Sunday's case.

The family of Alex Holden, who's been missing since New Year's Eve, believes a body found along the American River on Sunday afternoon is their son.

The Sacramento County Coroner's Office said the body will not be identified for a few days, but family members said they are confident the body recovered is Alex Holden.

Family said detectives and the coroner's office notified them that Holden's passport and debit card were found on the recovered body, and the the body's clothing also matched Holden's description.

CHP: Suspected DUI driver arrested twice in one day
Was just looking for something and realized the above link is to a non-related article; a DUI arrest.

I think this is the correct one (same news outlet):

Body found along American River in Sacramento

Is it really that inconspicuous that two bodies are found in close proximity to each other on the same day?
We're running about 130-150 deaths a year among the homeless population, whether from fights, drugs, illness or whatever. That area has a large homeless population, so I'd be more inclined to assume it was one of the homeless until I hear otherwise.

The spot where the police were parked (at the end of Northgate Boulevard) would be the easiest way to access the area with a vehicle, especially if he was found on the north side of the river.
That seems a long way from Hwy. 160 overpass to the river. The trail is wide enough for a vehicle--I've seen Park Ranger pickup trucks barreling down the trail when something is going on.

I’m leaning toward there being no foul play involved as well but I do wonder what happened to his phone and his ear pods and whether there is any water in his lungs.

That said, after a month I would think it would be hard to determine exactly what occurred before an autopsy has taken place.

There are scenarios I can envision with the same end result, going over the bridge, that could be foul play. A mugging and an ensuing fight come to mind.
I am very curious as to what happened to his phone as well. Maybe he dropped it or lost it or who knows what could of happened. He might have met foul play but we won't know for sure until coroner's official report. I really do not want to speculate further down that avenue (or any other) until that report is released.

I am very curious as to what happened to his phone as well. Maybe he dropped it or lost it or who knows what could of happened. He might have met foul play but we won't know for sure until coroner's official report. I really do not want to speculate further down that avenue (or any other) until that report is released.

What a sad ending. I think AH likely turned off his phone as soon as he left the apartment -- not wanting to talk to GF. By the time he made the trail, he could have been intoxicated, exhausted -- walked into the brush to take a rest. He could have aspirated there. I also wouldn't be surprised if his phone was found with him. Peace and comfort for his family, friends, and community as they move forward without him. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shirleymae
Back