Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reported by one of the people searching yesterday (is this allowed?)

"After a day of looking over video surveillance we have reason to believe Alex may NOT have traveled the 22nd & I path to Natomas.

There has been 0 camera footage of Alex walking this path from all local businesses / residences that were along this path.

Our new theory suggests Alex may have headed back towards the bars on K St. That night we went to LowBrau for Motown Monday but concluded the night around 11:45 pm.

We now believe Alex may have walked back towards K St Bars or East Sac. The time he went back out is still 2:30am 12/31/2019 which we know is past last call but with the street vendors and busyness of the holiday, Alex may have went back. Alex’s favorite bars to frequent are Pink Flamingo, LowBrau, & the Mercantile.

If you are out tonight and/or in the area, feel free to show this flyer

The idea of him walking the Natomas path has not been completely ruled out but we are switching directions."

Reported by one of the people searching yesterday (is this allowed?)

"After a day of looking over video surveillance we have reason to believe Alex may NOT have traveled the 22nd & I path to Natomas.

There has been 0 camera footage of Alex walking this path from all local businesses / residences that were along this path.

Our new theory suggests Alex may have headed back towards the bars on K St. That night we went to LowBrau for Motown Monday but concluded the night around 11:45 pm.

We now believe Alex may have walked back towards K St Bars or East Sac. The time he went back out is still 2:30am 12/31/2019 which we know is past last call but with the street vendors and busyness of the holiday, Alex may have went back. Alex’s favorite bars to frequent are Pink Flamingo, LowBrau, & the Mercantile.

If you are out tonight and/or in the area, feel free to show this flyer

The idea of him walking the Natomas path has not been completely ruled out but we are switching directions."
Can you please provide a link for this? (Otherwise, it's impossible to know who is meant by "we" "our," etc.) Thanks! ;) MOO

Body Found Near Shopping Center In Carmichael, Sheriff Says
Deputies are investigating after a body was found near a shopping center in Carmichael.

The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office said the body was found “with suspicious circumstances” just before 3 p.m. near Manzanita and Madison avenues.

Detectives are on the scene and a perimeter has been established in the area.

No further details have been released at this time.

JAN 5, 2020
Family, friends search for man, 25, missing since New Year's Eve
Family, friends, and volunteers showed up at Sacramento’s Capitol Park to organize a search party for 25-year-old Alex Holden, who’s been missing since New Year’s Eve.

[...]

Holden was last seen by his girlfriend leaving his I street apartment around 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 31. Perri says he'd been drinking and went for a walk after an "emotional" talk.

[...]

“It's very unusual. You know he missed work this morning which is extremely unusual. He's very conscientious about his work," said CH.

The search group posted fliers, canvassed the Midtown area, and asked the community if they've seen him.

[...]

I agree. Most logical conclusion. I just wondered if maybe it was a shared vehicle and K has the keys.

Being athletic and a long distance runner with his academic and professional record, it is unlikely he had any addiction issues to hard drugs. JMO

I really regret I did not archive it earlier so I don't remember specifics, just that the profile photo was his face (not the current one) and the last post was more recent than october. It isn't unusual for privacy settings to be changed by LE or FB (or in this case maybe the PI) while being looked at so it is probably no biggie.

He took his keys with him when he left.

Missing Pieces Network

This person says they're a friend of Alex's and has been posting updates on the searches.

Edit: So, reading between the lines on today's search--my opinion only--it doesn't look like they found ANY CAMERA that showed him going in ANY direction Tuesday morning. Lots of businesses in midtown, lots of cameras.

Waited outside the apartment for someone that he'd called to pick him up?

Thank you for the info! But FYI, Websleuths doesn't allow info from Reddit in this manner (I wish it did). You can hint/allude to info being elsewhere if you search certain things but a screenshot from Reddit will probably get removed. Just letting you know :)

I believe he may not have headed toward the house in Natomas as originally reported, but instead perhaps went back towards the bars (even though it was closing time). This may explain the searching in that area.

Alex was indeed scheduled for work today, and if he does not show up, police will move forward and officially consider him missing IMO, and we may see search efforts stepped up to the next level. Until he misses work, I believe they are reticent to consider him truly missing. Each day that passes leaves me more concerned.

I have spoken with his sister about setting up an official FB page for him which I hope will happen soon, and will link it here if it does.

Thank you that would be helpful for the people that don't use reddit.
For mod consideration - Details of each day have been journalled on reddit, I assume for better reach/publicity. Sacramento seems to be a community that tends to use reddit and nextdoor more than FB.
Update posted today by his friend on the reddit thread. You can find it on reddit.com by searching for Alex Holden as posted in the /r/Sacramento subforum. It is very easy to correlate Malik's updates there with what he has repeated to MSM.

I do want to point out that LE have considered him truly missing before now. They used a helicopter with infrared, drones and K9s. There has been nothing to indicate they aren't doing everything they should. Family and PI are also involved, making this a great effort by all.
Sacramento Police Department
Man, 25, Goes Missing on New Year's Eve in Calif.: He Had 'No History of Disappearing,' Dad Says

The no CCTV is really troubling. The house across the street and others on the corner/streets around his apartment building have cameras. Hopefully LE can search the building/alleys/dumpsters and Alex's car soon.

JAN 6, 2020
Friends Report No Conclusive Evidence in Search for Alex Holden
[...]

Judge Holden confirmed to OI via email Monday morning there are “still no leads”.

The friend also stated on reddit that no volunteer search parties are planned for Monday, but that “we are not giving up on finding Alex.”

Sacramento police are continuing their investigation, working to gain access to Alex’s electronic devices. The police have also been searching through traffic camera footage to try and find an image of Holden.

[...]

Friends and family of Holden are asking everyone with connections in California to continue sharing images of Alex and the missing persons poster, and asking those who have friends in California to ask those contacts to share the information as well.

The Sac. PD post says he was last seen “in the downtown Sacramento area”.
Sacramento Police Department

Is his apartment considered “downtown area”?
Yes. If you live there, you'd call it Midtown. But the whole area is generally considered "the downtown Sacramento area."

Edit to clarify: The whole downtown is a grid from 1st to 30th and from A St to Z (which is called Broadway). If you live outside of it, it's all "downtown." If you live inside, there's Alkali Flats, Lavender Hill (or Lavender something), etc. Midtown is generally from maybe 15th to 30th or so. It's popular with young people and state workers for an easy commute and there's LOTS of smallish apartment complexes and lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

Last edited:
Help Find Alex Holden

81654258_100470564824596_3469023215005728768_n.jpg

JAN 6, 2020
Sacramento police: 'No new information' on Alex Holden, missing since Dec. 31
Late Monday, Sacramento, California police told the News-Leader they had "no new information" on the whereabouts of 25-year-old Alex Holden, nephew of former Missouri Gov. Bob Holden.

[...]

News reports indicate the younger Holden left his apartment near the intersection of 23rd and I Streets, in a central Sacramento neighborhood that looks somewhat like Springfield's Rountree, around 2:30 a.m. California time on Dec. 31.

The same ABC affiliate reported that Holden was last heard from around 3:30 a.m. when he texted friends in Missouri. It's unclear whether that timestamp refers to California or Missouri time zones.

[...]

What happened next is unclear, but "three or four times" in the days since, according to a Reddit user believed to be Holden's girlfriend, the young man's friends and family have tried to physically retrace his steps.

Saturday evening, the same Reddit user reported that Sacramento police deployed a K-9 unit and drones to search for Holden. The dogs were able to pick up Holden's scent but not pinpoint a location where he might be or a route to track him, perhaps because Holden traveled the area so frequently.

[...]

Initially, friends and family believed Holden, who works as a manager with Amazon, proceeded northwards onto a Sacramento bike trail deemed "very dangerous" by locals.

But Friday, the Reddit user said to be Holden's girlfriend advanced a second possible scenario.

JAN 6, 2020
Sacramento police: 'No new information' on Alex Holden, missing since Dec. 31
Late Monday, Sacramento, California police told the News-Leader they had "no new information" on the whereabouts of 25-year-old Alex Holden, nephew of former Missouri Gov. Bob Holden.

[...]

News reports indicate the younger Holden left his apartment near the intersection of 23rd and I Streets, in a central Sacramento neighborhood that looks somewhat like Springfield's Rountree, around 2:30 a.m. California time on Dec. 31.

The same ABC affiliate reported that Holden was last heard from around 3:30 a.m. when he texted friends in Missouri. It's unclear whether that timestamp refers to California or Missouri time zones.

[...]

What happened next is unclear, but "three or four times" in the days since, according to a Reddit user believed to be Holden's girlfriend, the young man's friends and family have tried to physically retrace his steps.

Saturday evening, the same Reddit user reported that Sacramento police deployed a K-9 unit and drones to search for Holden. The dogs were able to pick up Holden's scent but not pinpoint a location where he might be or a route to track him, perhaps because Holden traveled the area so frequently.

[...]

Initially, friends and family believed Holden, who works as a manager with Amazon, proceeded northwards onto a Sacramento bike trail deemed "very dangerous" by locals.

But Friday, the Reddit user said to be Holden's girlfriend advanced a second possible scenario.
Wonder what the texts to his friends consisted of at 3:30 am? MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back