Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

OK so...speculation that he fell off the bridge wasn't so far off now, was it? And he surfaces right round the time we'd expect him to.

Yes, it would be hard to "accidentally fall" off this bridge.

View attachment 228228
That's what I've seen as well.

Kind of odd that the police were at a totally different location yesterday. I don't know what to make of that statement.
Could he have walked over on 160 and fallen there? The sides are low. Also the rail bridge doesn't appear to have sides Google Maps

I agree there's no way to just fall off the trail bridge by accident.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so...speculation that he fell off the bridge wasn't so far off now, was it? And he surfaces right round the time we'd expect him to.

Could he have walked over on 160 and fallen there? The sides are low. Also the rail bridge doesn't appear to have sides Google Maps

I agree there's no way to just fall off the trail bridge by accident.
BBM

Yes, it looks like he did end up in the water after all. :(

Yes, maybe he walked up 16th Street and crossed the river on the 160 bridge to avoid taking the bike trail, which would have been dark and dangerous in the early hours of the morning. The 160 bridge shoulder is very narrow and the railing is quite low. I could easily see falling over the railing – or jumping.

What a sad ending. I think AH likely turned off his phone as soon as he left the apartment -- not wanting to talk to GF. By the time he made the trail, he could have been intoxicated, exhausted -- walked into the brush to take a rest. He could have aspirated there. I also wouldn't be surprised if his phone was found with him. Peace and comfort for his family, friends, and community as they move forward without him. MOO
It's sad indeed. I feel bad for them too. I posted earlier that whatever the conversation was maybe he just wanted to be away from the gf at the moment and cool off and left with an uncharged phone. He could of turn it off too to save whatever battery he did have left.. I usually myself see if I am caught with a low battery turn it off for a little bit so I don't use anymore of it up. Though you could be right as well. He may have shut it off in anger or some reason to that effect. We don't and will probably wont ever know for sure.

re: hypothermia

You can develop hypothermia at any temperature below body temperature if the conditions are right. Or wrong, I guess. Like if you're wet, or there's a breeze. Intoxication makes it worse.

Not expressing an opinion about what happened--I'm waiting for the official word. But it was certainly cold enough.

Doug Johnson
8 mins ago
“SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — The Sacramento Police Department confirmed Monday afternoon that a body found Sunday along the American River belonged to Alex Holden, the Sacramento man who had been missing since early New Year’s Eve.

A witness spoke to FOX40 but wished to have his identity protected. He told FOX40 he saw a flood of Sacramento police officers and crime scene investigators pour into a section of the American River Bike Trail.

‘The next thing I know I see a bunch of cars coming in and out,’ said the man. ‘Then I see yellow tape, and the next thing I know is they say they found the body of the dude people’s been looking for.’

Sacramento police say at 3 p.m. they got a call from someone who was searching for Holden in the area and they discovered a body.

The Sacramento County Coroner’s office is now investigating how exactly Holden died.

FOX40 reached out to Holden’s father, Calvin Holden, in Springfield, Missouri. He said that his family was touched by so many who took part in the 26-day search to find Alex.

‘We were just told that he had been recovered,’ he said. ’It was awe-inspiring, it just ends up that it didn’t come up the way we wanted it to. But there was a lot of effort put in. We want to thank everyone in Sacramento.’

[SBM]

Calvine Holden said he and Alex’s mother will be taking Alex back to Missouri for funeral services on Feb. 8.

‘I want him to be remembered like he was, which is one of the most intelligent compassionate, caring, loving people you would ever be around,’ said Calvin.” (BBM)
Father of Alex Holden thanks Sacramento community for search effort

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —

Officials have identified a body found in the American River as that of Alex Holden, the Sacramento Police Department said Monday.

“This is never the outcome we want from any missing person case, our hope is that this may provide some closure for the family,” police said in a tweet.

The Sacramento Police Department said they found the body in the river near Highway 160 and the American River Bike Trail around 3 p.m. Sunday.

Family said Sunday detectives and the coroner's office notified them that Holden's passport and debit card were found on the recovered body; the body's clothing also matched Holden's description.

Holden was last seen near 22nd and I streets sometime between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. on New Year's Eve. It was believed he was walking to the Natomas area.

Posters were hung around Sacramento, and several search parties were organized to search for Holden. His family also spent weeks in Sacramento searching for him before returning to Missouri.

Officials ID body found in American River as missing Sacramento man Alex Holden

Interesting how many posters here thought he may have fallen into water somewhere.

Too often we've seen this.

@Seajay , we cross-posted.

JMVHO.

Yep. Healthy young men don’t just drop dead and they are much less likely to be victims of random stranger crime (which is often sexually motivated) than women.

So there end up being a few circumstances we see over and over again. You know this but just reiterating it for the skeptics in the thread who (loudly) wondered why everyone focused on a few situations.

Well then maybe several of us who said he went into water and bought up other cases where young men, booze and water didn’t mix weren't wrong after all. IMO
The question now becomes: How did he end up in the river? And where is his phone, money and earbuds? If his paper passport and debit card stayed in his pocket, I would think the other things may also.

It just seems odd to me that only the things of value aren't listed as being on his person.

Here's a community crime map of Sacramento. You can put in any date/dates to see what types of reported crime took place at any given time.

I'm not saying that LE is wrong necessarily, but there is a lot of burglary, robbery and theft that is reported all over the area so I don't think it can be completely ruled out until the final coroner's report is made available.

And I would expect his ID and debit card to be found on him because neither would be particularly useful to someone else. The debit card would be hard to use without a pin and a camera would show who tried to make the withdrawal. Most people know that by now. So, the things of value could be in the river or someone could have taken them from him.

LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

The question now becomes: How did he end up in the river? And where is his phone, money and earbuds? If his paper passport and debit card stayed in his pocket, I would think the other things may also.

It just seems odd to me that only the things of value aren't listed as being on his person.

They may have only mentioned them because they had his name on them so they served as evidence of his identity.

ETA: i.e. we believe it is Alex because the body has a passport and debit card that both state Alex Holden on them.

They may have only mentioned them because they had his name on them so they served as evidence of his identity.

ETA: i.e. we believe it is Alex because the body has a passport and debit card that both state Alex Holden on them.
I agree they were used, and reported, to make an identification. I just hope that if the other items are missing, they question why.

Just curious- why was he carrying a passport?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019
Back