CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that there might be a motorhome connection to this. Did the motorhome that was parked in the LA Fitness lot have a purple strip or white with purple on it? For the longest time there was a white and purple motorhome parked at different spots along Broadway and near the school and I think I even saw it in the lot of the Del Taco at Broadway and El Norte occasionally. Because it was moved around a lot I figured someone was living in it and maybe they had relatives in the area. Just the other day I realized it was gone. For some reason everytime I saw it, it bugged me.

Also, could it possibly be a camper and not a motorhome?

Hey, DewSeeker. No, the motorhome that was parked in the LA Fitness was a motorhome, definitely...the color was in motorhome brown tones. The LA Fitness motorhome always bugged me because I couldn't understand how it could be allowed to park there for so long. There were "smash and grabs" going on at the gym (someone would smash a window in the gym parking lot and take phones, purses, whatever. It happened to my husband while he was in the gym; they took his phone.) and I always felt that whoever was in the motorhome was watching people go into the gym. So...why were they allowed to park there? Weird.

Thanks for your help. Do you think that the motorhome that I saw in the area is worth alerting police about? I just think it's weird that it's now gone, like the other one.

Thanks for your help. Do you think that the motorhome that I saw in the area is worth alerting police about? I just think it's weird that it's now gone, like the other one.

Yes, I think you should report it if you think it might be related to Amber's disappearance. What is it with letting vehicles like that just camp out in parking lots for long lengths of time?

I did finally see a sign that said that the construction project I posted about earlier was going to be a senior living facility. There goes the neighborhood.

Amber, it is so frustrating not to be able to find you.

Last night I had a dream that Amber was holding hands with the girl mentioned earlier in this thread, Martha. It was like Martha was protecting her. I woke up feeling so sad. I wish we could find you Amber. So many of us have grown to love you.

April 1, 2009
ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- A month and a-half after Escondido teenager, Amber Dubois disappeared, her mother is still desperate to find her.

For Carrie McGonigle, the search for her missing daughter is taking a toll.

"Some days are good. Some days are bad. I still have hope. Just thinking of her keeps me going every day," McGonigle said.

It's hard for her, not knowing just how the case is going.

Last Friday, Escondido police were scheduled to give her an update.

"They were supposed to go over everything from beginning to end, with us, tell us where they're at and everything. They postponed it," McGonigle said.

She said the update will come Thursday.

Now, she's focused on bringing in more volunteers to search for Amber.

"We're looking for volunteers. They're dwindling down to, I think we had 50 over the weekend," McGonigle said.

[snipped]

http://www.10news.com/news/19070720/detail.html

April 1, 2009
ESCONDIDO ---- A concert benefitting the search effort for missing Escondido teen Amber Dubois is planned for Saturday at Kit Carson Park, according to a news release issued by Amber's family Wednesday.

Admission will be free, though donations will be accepted and concertgoers can buy tickets for a chance to win raffles held between performances, the release said. Eight bands are scheduled to perform between noon and 7 p.m. Gates open at 11 a.m.

The family is also looking for volunteers to help search for the missing 14-year-old on Sunday. Volunteers are asked to meet at 755 N. Quince St. in Escondido starting at 8 a.m. and no later than noon.

Police say Amber was last seen Feb. 13 walking toward Escondido High with a tall, slender, dark-complected young male. Her family believes she was abducted.

http://www.northcountytimes.com/articles/2009/04/01/news/inland/escondido/z89d7c569e5d9a6a98825758b007b9a20.txt

Last night I had a dream that Amber was holding hands with the girl mentioned earlier in this thread, Martha. It was like Martha was protecting her. I woke up feeling so sad. I wish we could find you Amber. So many of us have grown to love you.

Oh, that is a sad dream, DewSeeker. You know, earlier this evening I saw a camper on a matching truck with matching colors, and I realized that it could have been a camper and truck that was parked in the LA Fitness parking lot for so long. The camper part was long. Now I don't know what I remember.

I feel so bad for Amber's parents.

Just a few minutes ago my daughter told me that a friend of hers was camping with her family on the beach last night and this morning they found a body of a girl washed ashore. The body had no head or arms, but was female. I'm not exactly sure where this occured, somewhere in North County. I scanned the news for an article and can't find one, but this came from a very reliable source. I've known this family a long time. I'm wondering if the reason that the police may have postponed the meeting with the family is because the other parts washed ashore first and they are awaiting DNA testing. Also, the thing with the motorhome/ camper REALLY stands out now, since the body was found near a campground.

dewseeker... for real? omg!!

Honest to god, I wouldn't make up a story like that. I know FOR SURE a body was found on the beach this morning. I DO NOT know that it was Amber. If I hear anything else I will let you guys know.

Dewseeker - what County was the body found in? Do you know? It seems something should be hitting the news at any time now.

Thanks,

Salem

Oh my god, your friend's family FOUND a body? That is awful and traumatizing... please keep us updated with any news. I'll search the san diego news outlets to see what I can find.

I am only able to find an article of the man found in the water that commited suicide. That was down in La Jolla.

Where was this campground that the friends were camping at?

Amber’s Website - they added a song and a write-up by Amber’s grandmom about Amber’s love of animals and wolves.

============
The week before her 4th birthday, Amber flew with me to Yosemite. She loved Yosemite, but, she wanted to see a wolf. There is no kind way to tell a child she cannot see a wolf because they had all been killed by people who did not understand or like them. I told her a few wolves had been moved to Yellowstone National Park from Canada, and, when she was older, we would go to see them.

As she grew up, Amber read hundreds of books and watched almost every animal show on TV, becoming quite an expert on many animals and insects. She continued, as well, to read about wolves and was impressed by the importance of family to the grey wolf, especially their wolf pups. I gave Amber the Yellowstone Wolf Project bulletins, and we discussed their progress, and, waited until she was old enough to participate. Amber read about the deliberate extermination of wolves programs in the U.S. and was glad that the grey wolf was finally listed as endangered. Now, of course, Amber is going to be devasted when she learns that on March 6, 2009, the government delisted her grey wolf as an endangered species (everywhere except Wyoming).

[snipped]

http://www.bringamberhome.com/

Just a few minutes ago my daughter told me that a friend of hers was camping with her family on the beach last night and this morning they found a body of a girl washed ashore. The body had no head or arms, but was female. I'm not exactly sure where this occured, somewhere in North County. I scanned the news for an article and can't find one, but this came from a very reliable source. I've known this family a long time. I'm wondering if the reason that the police may have postponed the meeting with the family is because the other parts washed ashore first and they are awaiting DNA testing. Also, the thing with the motorhome/ camper REALLY stands out now, since the body was found near a campground.

Dewseeker...?

This sounds very interesting. Anyone else missing?

Susan

Sorry, didn't mean to leave you all hanging. I couldn't get online yesterday. I haven't heard ANYTHING else about what happened. In fact, I feel like the police are trying to keep this very quiet. I've tried to ask more questions and they WILL NOT tell me where they were camping at, besides that it was North County (San Diego). :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay