CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Amber ran away. Just don't think that happened at all. She needs to be found.

Prayers Amber that you are home soon with your family that loves and misses you so much!

Salem

I don't think Amber ran away. Just don't think that happened at all. She needs to be found.

Prayers Amber that you are home soon with your family that loves and misses you so much!

Salem

I don't think so either, Salem. Just seems like the investigation is moving at a snail's pace and info from LE is so limited. Normally, I would feel that was because they had a good handle on it as I felt with little Sandra's case. But I just don't have that feeling with Amber's case at all. Even with FBI involvement.

I so hope Amber will be found safe.

Thanks for the link Nancy. I noted:
  • LE receives about ½ dozen tips daily.
  • LE continues to receive bits of email and online chat history from warrants previously issued about 1 month ago – accessing has been slow due to data being stored on servers overseas (in previous article LE said as many as 50 search warrants or administrative subpoenas had been issued to Internet sites and providers).
  • LE would like to speak to the young male Amber was seen walking with that morning and he doesn’t match any classmates Amber occasionally walked with on the way to school.
===========

April 14, 2009

Benton said the department receives at least a half-dozen tips daily. Many are possible sightings and each one is checked out through phone calls, interviews or viewing surveillance video when possible, Benton said.

Police continue to receive bits of Amber's e-mail and online chat history through search warrant requests. Several family members and friends voluntarily turned over computers that Amber used, though none of the history so far has shown anything "out of the ordinary," Benton said.

Accessing Amber's computer history, on both her Yahoo! e-mail account and from several social networking sites, has been slow because much of the data is stored on servers overseas, the lieutenant said.

Benton added that police would like to speak with a young man who appeared to be walking with Amber on the west side of Broadway the morning she disappeared. Amber occasionally walked with classmates on the way to school, though the boy with a dark complexion doesn't match any of those classmates, Benton said.

"That is one of the unsolved questions in the case," he said, noting two neighbors independently said they saw Amber at 7:10 a.m. walking on Broadway near the school's football stadium ---- the last time anyone has reported seeing the girl. One of the neighbors said they saw her with the boy, Benton said.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/04/14//news/inland/escondido/z3b74c76682d3c97f882575980062be3e.txt

Thanks Cloudajo for summarizing the important points from the article. Does anyone know how many witnesses saw Amber with the tall boy? Any idea why the Escondido PD doesn't release a sketch of him or at least a detailed description, height/weight, clothes he was wearing, etc?

Now I know I'll be up all night waiting to hear an update. Thank you for posting this.

FALLBROOK: Nothing found after man reports body near county line
By North County Times | Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:02 PM PDT ∞
Enter first comment.Increase FontDecrease Font email this story print this story
FALLBROOK ---- San Diego and Riverside county sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a possible dead body in the hills near the county line but found nothing, a sheriff's lieutenant said Thursday evening.

A man riding an off-road vehicle in the rural terrain between Fallbrook and Temecula found what he thought was a human body, San Diego County sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman said earlier Thursday.

Deputies went to Gomez Creek and Rainbow Crest Road to meet the off-roader about 4:15 p.m., San Diego Sheriff's Lt. Sylvester Washington said. They examined the area and found no sign of a body, he said.

Thanks Cloudajo for summarizing the important points from the article. Does anyone know how many witnesses saw Amber with the tall boy? Any idea why the Escondido PD doesn't release a sketch of him or at least a detailed description, height/weight, clothes he was wearing, etc?

I have only heard about the one parent/witness seeing the young male (per the search warrant).

YW. Not sure why they haven't - I was wondering the same. I just emailed the staff writer at NC Times asking if they can get and release a better description of this guy (and items Amber wore/had with her).

FALLBROOK: Nothing found after man reports body near county line
By North County Times | Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:02 PM PDT ∞
Enter first comment.Increase FontDecrease Font email this story print this story
FALLBROOK ---- San Diego and Riverside county sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a possible dead body in the hills near the county line but found nothing, a sheriff's lieutenant said Thursday evening.

A man riding an off-road vehicle in the rural terrain between Fallbrook and Temecula found what he thought was a human body, San Diego County sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman said earlier Thursday.

Deputies went to Gomez Creek and Rainbow Crest Road to meet the off-roader about 4:15 p.m., San Diego Sheriff's Lt. Sylvester Washington said. They examined the area and found no sign of a body, he said.

Thanks. He thought what he found was a human body, but deputies found no sign of a body. I wonder what it was then?

It doesn't say whether they took a dog or not. I would think that they would, under these circumstanses. It sounds like they are done searching.

I emailed in a tip the other day, something I saw while walking. I went back to the place yesterday and the thing that I saw was gone, so I'm pretty sure someone came and picked it up. What I saw WAS VERY INTERESTING and could possibly have DNA on it. It was also very close to the place she was "supposedly" last seen. I'm sure I won't hear anything from anyone personally so I won't be able to update. I don't think this would be released to the media either (which is why I'm not saying what I saw). It could also be absolutely not related to this.

The only reason I'm really saying something is just to remind locals to keep your eyes open and keep remembering Amber. She needs us.

I heard throught the grapevine, from a store owner at Del Norte Plaze (?, not sure if that is the name), the shopping center directly behind the high school, that after 2 weeks the Escondido Police gave up. If there isn't any movement within 2 weeks, the case is over for them. I hope that this is not true.

RELady, do you have a contact within the Escondido LE? Can you ask if this is true?

http://www.10news.com/news/19244920/detail.html

This article is mostly about the hispanic community not trusting the Escondido Police, but I thought this quote from the article was interesting...

"...Last week, Escondido high school students told her about two attempted kidnappings.

Miranda said as the girls were walking to school, a van kept pulling in and cutting them off. The girls were able to run away, but again, were afraid to call police.

In response to calls from 10News, Maher held a news conference to respond to the allegations..."

More stories about the white van in Poway.

Could this be linked to Amber's disappearance?

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10072355

Thanks for the info. I live only a few miles from Poway, but in a different school district (SDUSD). What I did when we chose our school (and this is going to sound paranoid) - but we actually looked for exit routes in the event a child was abducted. I wanted a school that was around many homes, and had lots of traffic. Sometimes it takes me 15 minutes just to drop off/pick up my son because the road is so well travelled. The visibility of this school is so high, I can't imagine someone trying something. And so far, their history has been spot on.

Predators look for easy-out's, and children walking alone. Poway is a community that is very dense - which frightens me.

On that note, be wary of your school choices in more ways than one. I pray they find Amber -- but it's been so long. Remember Sabre Springs, also very close, is where Danielle Van Dam was killed. I know different circumstances - but many high profile cases can be linked back to San Diego - yikes!!!

Best,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member