CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, your friend's family FOUND a body? That is awful and traumatizing... please keep us updated with any news. I'll search the san diego news outlets to see what I can find.

It was a 12 year old girl and her mother walking on the beach early in the morning who found it. I feel so sad for this little girl. I'm sure they will get her therapy or whatever she needs.

DewSeeker, that is absolutely horrible! Poor child, I hope indeed she will get all the help she needs.
Did your friend say that she is not allowed to speak about this, has the police told her not to?

Does anyone know how or if you can look into 911 calls or police activity of the North County coast cities? Those cities would be: Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff by the Sea, Solana Beach, Del Mar. I am almost positive that they were in Oceanside or Carlsbad.

DewSeeker, that is absolutely horrible! Poor child, I hope indeed she will get all the help she needs.
Did your friend say that she is not allowed to speak about this, has the police told her not to?

No, she didn't flat out tell me that. It's more like we keep getting generic answers to questions. I don't want to push it, ya know?

My husband just reminded me that the body could of floated up from Mexico. A victim of the drug wars maybe?

No, she didn't flat out tell me that. It's more like we keep getting generic answers to questions. I don't want to push it, ya know?

I know, I hope she and her daughter get the help they need.

Does anyone know how or if you can look into 911 calls or police activity of the North County coast cities? Those cities would be: Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff by the Sea, Solana Beach, Del Mar. I am almost positive that they were in Oceanside or Carlsbad.

Try going to the police site. Can google it, i.e., Carlsbad Police Department, or take the long route and go to the City admin site and follow links. I don't know if they have 911 calls up, but some PD sites have a blotter that kind of tells what is going on in the city.

HTH,

Salem

You can go to www.arjis.org (which stands for Automated Regional Justice Information Center). Go to Crime Mapping. You can look up individual cities in San Diego County.

My husband just reminded me that the body could of floated up from Mexico. A victim of the drug wars maybe?

Maybe. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet about this specific incident yet. Perhaps it's being kept quiet until they identify the person and that hasn't been done yet?

April 4, 2009

Article about yesterday’s concert - another wonderful example of the community helping. In the article Amber’s father also says they met with LE this week, and there are no new leads; Mexico officials are doing searches too, and some of the funds raised will go to printing more missing posters, meals for volunteers on ground search efforts, and hiring a private investigator.

=================
ESCONDIDO ---- Nine San Diego County rock bands hosted a concert at Kit Carson Park on Saturday to benefit the search effort for missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois.

"Quite a few of the members of the bands, they have kids. We just all wanted to help out," said Willie Tuckerson, co-owner of Escondido-based music booking agency World Wide Concerts.

Tuckerson's band, Willie Psycho, also played at the daylong free concert that asked for donations to aid in the search for Amber, 14, who disappeared Feb. 13. Tuckerson said enlisting the musicians to volunteer their time was easy.

"They said, ‘When and where?' " he said about their eagerness to join the fundraiser for Amber.

[snipped]

http://www.northcountytimes.com/articles/2009/04/04/news/inland/escondido/zb71423b8d30313548825758f0006a5c1.txt

I still have not heard anything else about the body that was found. I also feel like this is being kept quiet until an identification can be made. How long does it take for DNA to come back on something like this? Does anyone know if Amber's DNA is in CODIS? :confused:

Female body with no head and no arms sounds much like Laci Peterson. Maybe was weighted down similarly.
I haven't been able to find any news about this body, either. I sure am anxious for some updates.

This case really has me feeling frustrated and helpless. I wish I could just go turn something up for this poor child and her family.

I keep thinking about that white van. I wish something would break in this case! I keep hoping that she's run off with some boy and she'll just call home and say she's ok and wants to come home.

This case is so odd to me. I was at Venice Beach in SoCal the last couple of days. I feel certain a LOT of the kids down there are runaways or otherwise....:confused:

Anyway....I was looking at the kids there - so many! - and thinking how many missing persons pics I have seen in my searches and I thought - I don't think I could recognize any of them! I saw ONE missing teen poster there - just one! If I had a kid missing in SoCal or anywhere nearby, I would be searching every day in that area! It's the type of area where anyone can blend in. The climate is generally mild and the folks there seem to take care of their "own."

Not saying that Amber would have gone down to Venice, but it is a good place for runaways - if that's what they're thinking about Amber. If that's NOT the way they're leaning, I can't imagine why there isn't more press about her or more leads made available to the public. If they believe she is a runaway and possibly still in the area, they should be checking around the Ocean Beach area. Very much the same as Venice, but on a smaller scale......

April 12, 2009
Teen still missing two months later

ESCONDIDO ---- Two months have passed since 14-year-old Amber Dubois vanished on her way to school, leaving her family heartsick and without a clue to her disappearance.

"(Sunday) was a very tough day," said Maurice Dubois, speaking on the Easter holiday.

Roughly 30 volunteers again searched for Amber on Saturday, as many have each weekend since she went missing, her father said. No sign of the teen was found.

Amber, a freshman at Escondido High School, was last seen Feb. 13 walking to school along Broadway, just blocks from her home. She was seen with a tall, slender, dark-complexioned young male, according to police.

Her family believes she was abducted by a stranger, noting she never spoke of running away. Police have said they have no information to prove either theory about her disappearance.

Amber's family plans a children's safety event from 1 to 4 p.m. May 24 at their search headquarters at 755 N. Quince St. in Escondido. The day will focus on teaching parents to talk with their children about safety. It will include face-painting, a petting zoo and other family-friendly activities, Maurice Dubois said.

"We're trying to get the emphasis off the sad part," he added.

Volunteers are still needed for weekend searches for the teen, Dubois said. Information about getting involved is available at the family's Web site, www.bringamberhome.com.

[snipped]
http://www.northcountytimes.com/art...condido/zff7271bcff4f305c88257597000796d6.txt

I have found no further info about that body found. The people who found are acting like it didn't happen pretty much. Can't figure out what is going on.

I hate that there is no break at all in this case.

I have found no further info about that body found. The people who found are acting like it didn't happen pretty much. Can't figure out what is going on.

DewSeeker, sorry that your friends told you a story that they couldn't back up with facts.

I wish I could just could just yell, "Amber Leeanne, you get home right now!" and she would return home, unscathed. I know that if I were her parents, I would be hoping day after day that she would just walk in the door. I think about her and her parents daily. This is such a frustrating case.

I wish there was news in Amber's case too!

I have been distracted of late - is there anything new? Are they still doing searches?

Prayers that Amber is home soon!

Salem

I thought Amber would have come home long before this. It's been two months now. According to bringamberhome.com there are searches planned for this weekend the 18th and 19th. Here's a letter from the Dubois family posted on the site:

To the Community,

Monday, April 13, 2009 marks two long months since our daughter Amber Dubois went missing on her way to school. During this time, members of the community have reached out to our family in so many ways. Hundreds have volunteered their time and services assisting in flyer distribution and searches; attending fundraisers and candlelight vigils; donating funds and offering prayer.

Our family would like to thank the many who have helped us to endure this most difficult time in our lives by giving back to the community.

In recognition of National Missing Children’s Day, the Amber Search Center will host a “Take 25 Family Fun Day” on Sunday, May 24, 2009 between 1:00pm and 4:00pm to promote children’s safety.

This event is not a fundraiser for our Center but a way for us to give back with information for parents and their children to help protect them from having to go through what we and too many others are going through.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) promotes an event called “Take 25” which focuses on teaching parents to talk with their children for just 25 minutes on safety.

We will be joined by the Escondido Police and the Escondido Fire Department. We’ll have Children’s ID and Fingerprint Service, educational pamphlets, guest speakers, petting zoo, face painting booth, a bounce house, refreshments and much more.

We hope to have a strong turnout and that many families will find the time to come out for some fun and education on staying safe.

With our sincerest gratitude,

The Family of Amber Dubois

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I highly doubt that they lied to me because I know that their child was with them when the "body" was found. I'm beginning to think that maybe it wasn't a body, but they thought it was. Or maybe the body of some sort of sea animal? I can't believe that if a woman's nude body was found in the ocean decapitated with no arms that the press wouldn't pick up on it.

Today I walked down by Rincon school, where supposedly she was last seen. I can't stop thinking about this girl. I just don't think that she would run away and not call home for two months unless there is something that the family and the police are not telling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean