CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think I am familiar with the Luster case?

andrew luster - caught by dog the bounty hunter chapman, who was eventually arrested b/c bounty hunting is illegal in mexico

I just heard that there have been two skulls discovered in Angeles National Forest within the last few days. One of them was discovered with a bullet hole in it so at least one of them is a homicide. I really pray this has nothing to do with Amber. Does anyone know about any other missing persons cases in California specifically the Los Angeles Area?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...n-skull-found-in-angeles-national-forest.html

I just heard that there have been two skulls discovered in Angeles National Forest within the last few days. One of them was discovered with a bullet hole in it so at least one of them is a homicide. I really pray this has nothing to do with Amber. Does anyone know about any other missing persons cases in California specifically the Los Angeles Area?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...n-skull-found-in-angeles-national-forest.html

Robert Harrod, 81 yrs old, missing since 7/27/9. Mitrice Richardson, missing since 9/17/9. I am sure there are many more.

My heart is heavy that this could possibly be Mitrice Richardson -- who vanished into the hills near Malibu three months ago.

Angeles National Forest (ANF) is located in the San Gabriel Mountains north of Los Angeles County California,

The only disconnect is both skulls were found in a region of the forest that was ravaged by a massive wildfire in August, while Mitrice has been missing since has been missing since 9/17/2009.

However, the fire burned for more than a month and was the worst in Los Angeles County history

So she could have found herself lost in the forest and became entangled in the fire in a month's time.

The other thought is she could have been shot and dumped there -- with the perp hoping to destroy evidence.

http://sites.google.com/site/findmitrice/

This is all just my opinion.

Mel

ETA: For some reason, I don't think either of the skulls belong to Amber. However, forensics should be able to tell the age upon examination. I am continuing to pray my fellow San Diegan is still very much alive.

Here are the Poway and Escondido area incidents from Jan thru Mar, 2009, in date order. Sorry for the length. (Poway is about 12 miles south of Escondido - 22 min drive)

Tues, Jan 27, 2009 - 3:15pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
2 hispanic boys approached
Vehicle: Red Van.
Suspects: White male driver with two Hispanic passengers
Van approached boys near Pomerado Rd. and Poway Rd. The boys ran away. Suspects are a white, male driver in his mid 20s and two Hispanic male passengers.

Thurs, Jan 29, 2009 - 5:30pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
12-year-old girl
Vehicle: White box-type utility van
Suspects: 3 Hispanic males, 20 to 30 years of age.
A 12-year-old female juvenile was walking home in the area of Scots Way and Midland Road in Poway. Three Hispanic male adults driving an older white colored box type utility van stopped. The male occupants of the van forced the juvenile into the van. The suspects were approximately 20 to 30 years of age. One suspect was described as being thin, having a military style flat top haircut, dark complexion, with a chipped front tooth and slanted teeth. The suspects drove the girl around for about 20 to 30 minutes and then dropped her off unharmed. Sheriff Department released a sketch of one of the suspects.

Mon, Feb. 2, 2009 - 3:15pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
11-year-old girl
Vehile: motorhome.
Suspects: 2 Hispanic males.
Girl was approached on 9th Street near Pomerado Elementary School. The girl ran away. Suspects are two Hispanic males in a motorhome.

Mon, Feb 2, 2009 – 3:30pm – Escondido Area
Bill Garcia says the woman looks a lot like Amber and told him that a group of men got out of the van and tried to force her inside the vehicle. “It actually occurred on February 2nd, and it was about 3:30 in the afternoon. This woman so much looks so similar to Amber that I asked if I could take photos of her, and she does. She looks like a high school girl of similar height and build.”

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:n1IBQhW7_DsJ:transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/24/ng.01.html+escondido+attempted+abduction&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Tues, Feb 3, 2009 - 4:00 pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
11-year-old girl
Vehicle: Blue convertible
Suspects: Hispanic male mid 20s.
Attempted kidnapping of an 11-year-old girl that occurred in Black Mountain Ranch. The victim was walking in front of an apartment complex in the 14000 block of Via Fiesta when the suspect pulled up to the cur next to her and told her to get in his car. The victim said there was a gun on the dashborad of the suspect's car. The girl ran to get away from the suspect. The suspect followed the girl in his car but she was able to run to a nearby apartment and call police.
Suspect is a Hispanic male, 20-30 years old, 5'11", 220 pounds, black hair, and a black goatee. Suspect vehicle is a small, older 2-door convertible, dark blue with rust spots, and a black convertible top. San Diego Police released a sketch of the suspect.

Fri, Feb 13, 2009 – 7:10am – Escondido
14-year-old girl
On Friday 02-13-09 a fourteen (14) year old female named Amber Dubois left her residence located at [address] in Escondido to walk to school. At approx. 0708 hours, [parent 1] dropped his children off at Escondido High School and drove northbound on Escondido Blvd. [Parent 1] saw Amber Dubois walking on the western sidewalk of Broadway quickly walking southbound. At approximately 0710 hours, [parent 2] was driving her children to Escondido High School southbound on Broadway Ave when she saw Amber Dubois walking southbound on the west curb of Broadway with a male. [Parent 2] described the male as a dark complected young male who was tall and slender. [Parent 2] did not recognize the male. Both [Parent 2] and [Parent 1] placed her approx. 200 yards north of Escondido High School, located at 1535 N Broadway Ave in Escondido.

February, 2009 – 3 Incidents – Just after 3pm – Escondido/Oak Hill Area
Vehicle: May be a Honda or Toyota. The partial license plate is "5W00'' or "5WWM”
Suspect: A white man in his early 20s, with eyeglasses and short dark hair

ESCONDIDO - Escondido police are looking for a 20-something man who has been offering rides to girls walking home from school in the Oak Hill area.

Three girls reported that a man in a small white compact offered them a ride home, said Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton. In each case, the man approached the girls just after 3 p.m., he said. One girl was in the 1400 block of Oak Hill Drive, and another was nearby at Boyle Avenue and Rose Street, he said. The other location was unavailable.

The neighborhood is about three miles from where Amber Dubois was last seen more than two weeks ago as the 14-year-old walked to Escondido High School. Police have not indicated any suspected connection between the cases.

When the girls in the Oak Hill neighborhood declined a ride, the man drove off, Benton said.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Stranger-Offering-Rides-to-Girls-Leaving-School/7wROt0gWX0O69LZw8BF9jA.cspx

Thurs, March 12, 2009 - 2:30pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
7-year-old girl
White Ford box utility van
Suspects: Hispanic male driver, mid-20s and two Hispanic passengers.
Mother reports seeing a white van stalking her daughter, a 1st grader who had just been dropped off by a school bus. The van followed the child as she walked. The girl ran away and got inside her mother's vehicle nearby. The driver in the white van pulled a quick U-turn and sped away, allegedly running a red light.

Wed, March 18, 2009 - 3:00 pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
12-year-old girl
White Ford box utility van
Suspects: Three Hispanic males mid 20s inside van.
Girl walking home after being dropped off by a school bus reported a white van following her. She ran to her home and reported the van to her mother. Her mother looked out the window and observed the van pull a U-turn and drive away.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=107792725227373756468.000465d184cb91081a7fd&ll=33.221457,-116.840973&spn=0.536503,1.230469&z=10
Just bumping this old post from 3/28/2009 (posted by cloudajo)...

Also: http://www.bringamberhome.com

Does anyone know if the family reads this website?
I was just looking at www.bringamberhome.com

Can the family go on Mexican television? I really believe she is somehow connected to Mexico.

I am not exactly sure but I have had a strong feeling since day 1 that she was alive and being held. That feeling turned into her being Mexico, that was around the same time they found that little boy wandering around in Mexico alive.

I don't know the area where she was taken. Then a poster told me it was in close proximity to the Mexican border.

Then I learned more about human trafficking than I ever wanted to know.
Amber's face always seemed familiar to me, I don't know why.

A lot of nothing I know.
You have any theories Cazador?

Praying Amber comes home in 2010-alive

It's been nearly a year since 14 year old Amber Dubois disappeared while walking to school near Escondido High. Amber's father joined us this morning and told us about everything he and his family are doing to get more information about where amber might be. The family is hosting a walk-a-thon at Escondido High School next Saturday to raise awareness for parents and to keep moving the search forward. For more information on how you can help the Dubois family go to Bring Amber Home.

See video with Amber's father at link.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_62b5b738-9210-5dce-8b2d-07c7730de924.html

Feb 5, 2010
REGION: Volunteers will be looking for Amber Dubois in Miami

Children's advocates looking to rescue underage prostitutes during the Super Bowl in Miami on Sunday will be carrying pictures of Amber Dubois, the Escondido teen missing for nearly a year.

Dozens of volunteers are set to spend the weekend in Miami looking for teenage girls who have been trafficked to work in the sex trade, Amber's family members said. Each year, advocates blanket the Super Bowl host cities looking for missing teens.

[snipped]
Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, said that she has not ruled out any possibilities on what may have happened to her daughter. McGonigle said she helped put together a 24-page booklet with pictures of missing teens from across the country, including Amber, that will be used by volunteers to identify the children.

The booklet includes a message from Sheila Welch, Amber's grandmother. "I am a football fan, but this Super Bowl, the champions will not be the Colts or the Saints for me," the message reads. "It will be your search team. For every girl you find and rescue, it will be a game-winning touchdown all over again."

[snipped]
Lt. Bob Benton said police have no indication that Amber might be in Miami or working as a prostitute. He said police hope that the attention this effort generates may lead to tips that will help them find her.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_62b5b738-9210-5dce-8b2d-07c7730de924.html

Prayers for you Amber. I hope you are home soon.

Salem

i will be in Escondido Ca for the walk a thon. i encourage everyone who can attend to do so. if you cant be there,please sponsor a walker to help bring Amber home!!!

Amber’s mystery

With no solid clues since the Escondido teen disappeared a year ago, family and police remain frustrated and heartbroken

On a dresser in Amber Dubois' bedroom sits a pile of neatly folded clothes. For the longest time, Carrie McGonigle, Amber’s mother, was unable to make herself clean her daughter’s jeans and blouses. Just last month she finally washed the items, almost a year after Amber went missing.

Saturday marks the anniversary of her disappearance. She was 14 at the time and would be 15 now, if she is alive.

Much much much more: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/10/ambers-mystery/

[snipped]
Leads by the hundreds have come and then been dismissed. A suspicious red pickup parked near the school and seen in surveillance-camera videos turned out to be that of a parent of another child and is not connected to the case.

[snipped]
Last summer, dogs from Texas hired by the family appeared to have traced Amber’s scent to the community of Pala, specifically to the Pala library. But no one in Pala remembers having ever seen Amber. Bloodhounds used by the FBI smelled no hint of her in Pala several months later.

[snipped]
Two witnesses who knew Amber saw her walking on North Broadway near the football field north of the school’s entrance with a tall, dark-skinned, but not black, sort of “doughy” boy who has yet to be identified, Benton said. Security cameras near the front of the school show Amber never made it that far.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/10/ambers-mystery/

This is the first time I've heard that the red truck is not connected to Amber's disappearance.

I wonder sometimes how accurate the two eyewitnesses were that saw Amber walking to school. What if they were wrong & she never made it that far & was kidnapped along her route to school? I think about that because the morning she went missing it was raining & she was wearing a black hoodie. I bet a lot of other kids were wearing black as well.

This is the first time I've heard that the red truck is not connected to Amber's disappearance.

I wonder sometimes how accurate the two eyewitnesses were that saw Amber walking to school. What if they were wrong & she never made it that far & was kidnapped along her route to school? I think about that because the morning she went missing it was raining & she was wearing a black hoodie. I bet a lot of other kids were wearing black as well.

The truck video was released in April 2009. This is from an Oct 19, 2009 article where it was mentioned but not confirmed. I guess they checked it out fully but I still have questions about it.

A red pickup seen in a grainy video parked in the school bus lot near the football field has been all but dismissed as a lead. “We think we've identified it,” Benton said. “We're hoping to confirm soon that the red truck had nothing to do with the case

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2009/oct/19/police-press-their-quest-find-escondido-girl/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23