GUILTY CA - Ana Abulaban, 29, and Rayburn Barron, 28, killed by TikTok'r husband, San Diego, 21 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some local San Diego news articles. Ali Abulaban turned 32, and now will be spending his life in prison.

Verdict Reached in Double Murder Trial of Former TikTok Star

Ray's Sister & Ana's Friend make comments.
A couple of Jurors were considering 2nd degree for awhile.

1717042696221.png

Last edited:
I'm not 100% but I think I heard Anna's family?? but don't quote me
Oops, I'm quoting your don't quote me. I hope 20/20 or Dateline does a featured report on this case. I would like to learn more about Ana and Ray as people, not just victims. I would like to be assured Amira, the daughter of Ana & Ali, is with loving family and doing alright.

Don't forget-- Sentencing is June 28. Let's all meet here.

Oops, I'm quoting your don't quote me. I hope 20/20 or Dateline does a featured report on this case. I would like to learn more about Ana and Ray as people, not just victims. I would like to be assured Amira, the daughter of Ana & Ali, is with loving family and doing alright.

Don't forget-- Sentencing is June 28. Let's all meet here.

THANK YOU MEMBERS OF THE JURY FOR BEING DEDICATED TO SEEK JUSTICE AND TAKING THE TIME TO CONSIDER ALL THE FACTS IN THIS CASE, AND USE CARE TO FOLLOW JURY INSTRUCTIONS TO REACH A FAIR VERDICT.​
I'm not 100% but I think I heard Anna's family?? but don't quote me
Thank You. Wonder who she is named in those dockets. Hmm... maybe taken to live out of state. Looks like it was objected to at one point by Ali's parents. Prayers for that little girl.

1717049634966.png Oh, you may not be following the Millete case, but the same Judge Fraser, in this trial, is overseeing the Guardianship Custody battle of the three children. It's between Maya Millete's Sister/Family and Larry Millete's Parents. Larry Millete's Murder Trial will be Jan. 2025.
Where are Ana's parents/family? Are they US military? I am a little confused since she was on a military base in Japan (US territory) but then Ali was lording over her the whole citizenship thing and mocking her, calling her 'Ms Filipina'.... if they were married she would have had a green card, right? (She is not Japanese.)

Yet another power grab/ power dynamic where Ali exercised control over Ana. But of course the daughter had US citizenship.... so why the heck does Ali say that to Ana? As if he would be able to "revoke" her green card if they divorced?​
His saying that foolish green card stuff on a TikTok video that's shown in this news video.

I missed some trial proceedings those first days. I wanted to watch some of the earlier testimony again. This is a news article and video from the very beginning of the trial where one of Ana's friends and Ana's ex-husband testified. The video shows the online argument Ana and Ali were having while he posted it online. She was threatening to call the police while he says, "You're not even an American Citizen." It's what so many people say about the way Ali acted and how he treated Ana that paints a consistent picture of him as a controlling abusive husband.

Updated: May 2, 2024 / 09:35 PM PDT / by: Zara Barker

a guardian ad Litem is usually a neutral 3rd party that decides about the custody of the child. I bet it's a social worker. They'll do family studies and explore all options usually family first if they're willing, if not foster etc.

a guardian ad Litem is usually a neutral 3rd party that decides about the custody of the child. I bet it's a social worker. They'll do family studies and explore all options usually family first if they're willing, if not foster etc.

Guardian ad litems are usually independent lawyers whose sole job is to look after the rights of a minor child. Most divorce cases have GALs when minor children are involved especially when custody is being worked out.

I believe I heard last night on Court TV that Amira is currently with Ali's parents. I suspect Ana's family is fighting that
given that their son was convicted of murdering her mother.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I absolutely am horrified if the child is with Ali’s family!! W t h

NO. NO. NO. After the mom of Ali sat there and on the record pointed fingers at Ana and vilified her too? I understand mom is a victim and lost her own son to the justice system. This is why I wonder where family of Ana is (we have heard from her girlfriends.)

I can't get a clear understanding but it seems to me that Philippine nationals are able to get work visas to work on Okinawa at Kadena air force base (it's US military base on Okinawa but Naha and the city surrounding is governed by Japan. To me it's a complicated relationship.)

But then again Ana went to high school on base, right? So her parents worked there?

I hope little girl is surrounded by Ana's family soon. Family Law is weird though so if Ali's mom wants to lay claim, I think she may have priority over any girlfriend of Ana's?

Last edited:
Guardian ad litems are usually independent lawyers whose sole job is to look after the rights of a minor child. Most divorce cases have GALs when minor children are involved especially when custody is being worked out.

I believe I heard last night on Court TV that Amira is currently with Ali's parents. I suspect Ana's family is fighting that
given that their son was convicted of murdering her mother.
oh wow. I must have heard wrong. those court docs are interesting, they contested the ability to move her. Maybe they want to keep her where she will be able to still see her father. I know they care about what's in the best interest of the child not anyone else. Maybe we will find out more about that?? not sure they'd disclose much tho.

They had a guardian ad litem, which was a lawyer, but she would have had to work with social services for guardianship orders and placements. Lawyers are not usually the ones that do the home visits etc, they just legalize everything. IDK maybe it's different in the US. I wish lawyers were more involved over here.

Last edited:
Looks like it was objected to at one point by Ali's parents.
oh wow. I must have heard wrong. those court docs are interesting, they contested the ability to move her.

See, that's why I pointed out the word-- Objected. MOO, they have every right to be involved & have a say in their granddaughter's future. I don't even know if Ana has parents or family, or anything about their circumstances. It was always Ana's girlfriends (and her ex-husband) speaking to media and testifying at the trial. Ana's girlfriends along with Ray's sister commented to media about the verdict, but never saw any of her family mentioned.

Well, it's really none of my business at this point. Guardianship proceedings are being kept private and handled by the courts. So be it. All we can do is say a prayer Amira is in good hands and has received some help dealing with the traumatic losses that affected her young life the most. It was a horrible choice Ali made to do that to his child and he has to live with that.

Some local San Diego news articles. Ali Abulaban turned 32, and now will be spending his life in prison.

Verdict Reached in Double Murder Trial of Former TikTok Star

Ray's Sister & Ana's Friend make comments.
A couple of Jurors were considering 2nd degree for awhile.

View attachment 506763

English is my second language so I am having trouble understanding the defense lawyer’s closing speech that Ali is not a murderer…he killed/murdered Ana and her friend so bu definition he is a murderer

English is my second language so I am having trouble understanding the defense lawyer’s closing speech that Ali is not a murderer…he killed/murdered Ana and her friend so bu definition he is a murderer
Hi @pukasonqo2! His Defense attorney said that because they were claiming it was Voluntary Manslaughter. In other words, according to Defense-- it wasn't meant to be a murder. The people died, but not because he was planning to murder them. It's a legal defense to reduce the charges of murder. Defense tried to make the Jury believe that.

The Jury had to decide if it was Voluntary Manslaughter which had to have been (1) provoked and (2) in the heat of passion (sudden emotional reaction). The Jury did not believe those two factors were true. The Jury believed he planned to kill them making it 1st degree murder. Yes, he is a murderer. The sentence will probably be Life in prison without parole.

In other news-- The Verdict is in now for the Chad Daybell Murder Trial. Right now we are waiting for a Verdict.

Hi @pukasonqo2! His Defense attorney said that because they were claiming it was Voluntary Manslaughter. In other words, according to Defense-- it wasn't meant to be a murder. The people died, but not because he was planning to murder them. It's a legal defense to reduce the charges of murder. Defense tried to make the Jury believe that.

The Jury had to decide if it was Voluntary Manslaughter which had to have been (1) provoked and (2) in the heat of passion (sudden emotional reaction). The Jury did not believe those two factors were true. The Jury believed he planned to kill them making it 1st degree murder. Yes, he is a murderer. The sentence will probably be Life in prison without parole.

In other news-- The Verdict is in now for the Chad Daybell Murder Trial. Right now we are waiting for a Verdict.

Thank you for your thoughtful response :)

1717102867651.png Oh, you may not be following the Millete case, but the same Judge Fraser, in this trial, is overseeing the Guardianship Custody battle of the three children. It's between Maya Millete's Sister/Family and Larry Millete's Parents. Larry Millete's Murder Trial will be Jan. 2025.

Sorry, but I want to make a correction. I thought I heard on the news that Judge Fraser would be the judge in the Millete case, but couldn't find verification of that. Other judges were mentioned. So please disregard the above. (Knowing how poorly the courtroom decorum was maintained in AA's trial, I hope the Judge considers the criticism televised by his peers on Court TV and gains more control of the courtroom.)

Husbands that kill their wives when she wants to leave is sadly a constant occurrence. Ana Abulaban wanted out of her marriage, and she was murdered by her husband. Same with Maya Millete who made an attorney appt. 1/6/21, and that was the last day she was seen.

Hope you'll watch LM's Murder Trial with me, and that it really happens in Jan. 2025. Maya Millete's remains have not been found despite constant search parties arranged by her sister Maricris and her family. With no body found, it will make securing a conviction harder. Prayers Maya is found before the trial.

Rest in Peace Ana and Ray. You have not been forgotten.

A New Documentary called TikTok Star Murders will be shown on June 25, 2024 on Peacock. (I don't get Peacock, but fortunately we all got to follow the case and trial closely.) Rapper 50 Cent is one of its producers.
Per 50 Cent is quoted as saying--
1719034833844.png
1719034695213.png

A local murder case recently captivated the world, and now a new documentary is set to be released about former TikTok personality and San Diego-based convicted killer Ali Abulaban. In May, he was found guilty of first-degree murder in the deaths of his wife and her friend. The 90-minute documentary is called "TikTok Star Murders".It takes a deeper dive into the case by revealing more about the Abulaban’s marriage, and the impact domestic violence and social media had on it.

FULL STORY:
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/loc...

or here: New documentary on convicted murderer Ali Abulaban to release 3 days before he's sentenced

New documentary follows double murder case of former TikTok star, Ali Abulaban

A New Documentary called TikTok Star Murders will be shown on June 25, 2024 on Peacock. (I don't get Peacock, but fortunately we all got to follow the case and trial closely.) Rapper 50 Cent is one of its producers.
Per 50 Cent is quoted as saying--
View attachment 512268
View attachment 512267

A local murder case recently captivated the world, and now a new documentary is set to be released about former TikTok personality and San Diego-based convicted killer Ali Abulaban. In May, he was found guilty of first-degree murder in the deaths of his wife and her friend. The 90-minute documentary is called "TikTok Star Murders".It takes a deeper dive into the case by revealing more about the Abulaban’s marriage, and the impact domestic violence and social media had on it.

FULL STORY:
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/loc...

or here: New documentary on convicted murderer Ali Abulaban to release 3 days before he's sentenced

New documentary follows double murder case of former TikTok star, Ali Abulaban

Watched this last night - a lot more on both Ali & Ana's backgrounds and Ali's obsession on becoming famous. A few of Ana's friends were interviewed as was Ali's cousin. Nothing was presented to dispel the fact that Ali was a possessive, violent husband who wanted full control over his wife. His cocaine abuse was also presented and apparently always had a bag lying around. I certainly obtained a better picture of who Ana was - how she talked, dressed, carried herself, etc. Undoubtedly in the end, she was terrified of Ali and his explosive temper and had no idea he copied the apartment keycard. Not a lot on Ray other than there was an obvious connection between him and Ana.

RIP Ana/Ray

Thank You so much @Sustained for posting about the documentary and about the update of what went on today. The news video from News8 is full of details and very interesting. I took notes I posted below. I like to do that because links don't always work with the passing of time.
  • Ali Abulaban's appearance was different today. He cut his hair short and went for the neat and serious look. MOO, he looked kind of solemn or maybe scared facing a sentence of Life in prison. Sentencing delayed though.
  • Family and Friends of the victims were in the courtroom today to give their Impact Statements, but will now wait until September 6, 2024.
  • The Deputy DA attorney complained to the Judge telling him that Ali Abulaban or someone for him has been posting on social media, and complained expecting the Judge to admonish Ali, but the Judge said it's up to the jail and the Sherriff.
  • Ali has hired some kind of "Prison Expert" to help him prepare for life behind bars. He also intends to appeal. They'll be a request for as new trial.
  • Oh, Ali will give a news interview to News if they pay him $25K.
1719621229443.png1719621543125.png
1719622073255.png1719621698380.png

https://www.sdsheriff.gov/bureaus/about-us/command-staff
1719622553504.png San Diego County - Sherriff Kelly A Martinez

Thank You so much @Sustained for posting about the documentary and about the update of what went on today. The news video from News8 is full of details and very interesting. I took notes I posted below. I like to do that because links don't always work with the passing of time.
  • Ali Abulaban's appearance was different today. He cut his hair short and went for the neat and serious look. MOO, he looked kind of solemn or maybe scared facing a sentence of Life in prison. Sentencing delayed though.
  • Family and Friends of the victims were in the courtroom today to give their Impact Statements, but will now wait until September 6, 2024.
  • The Deputy DA attorney complained to the Judge telling him that Ali Abulaban or someone for him has been posting on social media, and complained expecting the Judge to admonish Ali, but the Judge said it's up to the jail and the Sherriff.
  • Ali has hired some kind of "Prison Expert" to help him prepare for life behind bars. He also intends to appeal. They'll be a request for as new trial.
  • Oh, Ali will give a news interview to News if they pay him $25K.
View attachment 514053View attachment 514057
View attachment 514061View attachment 514058

https://www.sdsheriff.gov/bureaus/about-us/command-staff
View attachment 514065 San Diego County - Sherriff Kelly A Martinez

BBM -

You are quite welcome !

I'm not sure how the Sheriff will be able to stop the social media posts if he's telling a friend to post content for him.
With a little sleuthing, I found the copycat account (his original was banned after the convictions) and there are a handful of videos, none of which appears to have been filmed in jail. Lots of derogatory comments as one might expect.
Just goes to affirm the malignant narcissism Ali appears to possess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inthesun123
Back