Found Deceased CA - Andrea Vazquez, 19, poss. kidnapped by armed suspect after shooting, blood found near vehicle, Whittier, 19 Aug 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

citizen_sleuth

Verified family member - Orie Donald Esh thread
Reaction score
Woman missing after reported shooting, possible kidnapping in Whittier - Whittier Daily News
<snipped & BBM>
A man told officers that he and the woman — identified as Andrea Vazquez — were approached by an “armed suspect” while they were in the parking stalls portion of the park at 13950 Penn Street just after midnight, according to a Whittier Police Department statement.

The “armed suspect” approached the vehicle the man and Vazquez were sitting in and “fired a weapon” in their direction, the man told police.

The man said he ran off, then returned to find blood near his vehicle and Vazquez missing, police said.

Vazquez was described as a female Hispanic, about 5-foot-3, 103 pounds with brownish red hair and brown eyes, who was last seek wearing a black long-sleeve crop top, khaki pants and black low-top Converse shoes. Police say she has a tattoo of the word “Edlyn” on the back of her neck and the Aries constellation on the top of her right hand and has a belly button piercing.
Screen Shot 2023-08-20 at 10.10.55 PM.png

Is it instinctual to run from the protection of a car out into the open? Maybe he panicked and had no time to start the car or lock the doors.
I wonder if he called police before returning to the car? Did he return to the car with the police?

She was shot and then kidnapped? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If the goal was to kidnap her, being seriously or gravely injured isn't in the perp's best interests. Shoot the companion, then take the woman. But he's not shot and "runs off" only to return afterward. In my opinion, this whole scenario raises some red flags.

I hope there is surveillance cameras in the parking stalls. Why the 3 hour window of Saturday 11pm to Sunday 1am?
shots fired was allegedly at around midnight. Guessing they want anyone who may have witnessed anything either an hour prior to that reported time or an hour after. Probably trying to collaborate the male's story or refute it. JMO

Andrea Vazquez, 19, was last seen shortly after midnight Sunday morning in the parking stalls area of Penn Park at 13950 Penn St., according to the Whittier Police Department.

"An adult male witness reported that while at the park with an adult female companion, an armed suspect approached their vehicle and fired a weapon in their direction," police said in a statement.

"The male witness ran from the location and upon his return, discovered blood near his vehicle and his female companion was missing," police said. "Detectives are actively working this investigation and following up on all leads."

She was shot and then kidnapped? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If the goal was to kidnap her, being seriously or gravely injured isn't in the perp's best interests. Shoot the companion, then take the woman. But he's not shot and "runs off" only to return afterward. In my opinion, this whole scenario raises some red flags.
That is a really good point. Why would you want to try and flee with a wounded person. It makes more sense to shoot the male companion so he does not intervene or drive off with the woman.

She was shot and then kidnapped? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
I does not make alot of sense to me either.

But... there are plenty of violent crimes that go off rails for a variety of reasons including:

- Perpetrator changes his plans on impulse.

- "Plan" is badly thought out from the beginning.

- Perpetrator is aggressive- and dim witted (bad combination).

- Victim does something that changes the nature of the crime for reasons understood only to the perpetrator, and perhaps the victim.

I does not make alot of sense to me either.

But... there are plenty of violent crimes that go off rails for a variety of reasons including:

- Perpetrator changes his plans on impulse.

- "Plan" is badly thought out from the beginning.

- Perpetrator is aggressive- and dim witted (bad combination).

- Victim does something that changes the nature of the crime for reasons understood only to the perpetrator, and perhaps the victim.
I agree. Plus, we also don't know how much blood was found near the car -- it's possible she was only grazed by a bullet as opposed to sustaining life-threatening injuries.

Some new information:

- She was in the car with her boyfriend at the time
- Her sister tracked Andrea's phone to Moreno Valley (50 miles away from Penn Park)

Whittier woman kidnapped from car during shooting; family desperate for her safe return - CBS LA
<snipped & BBM>
Vasquez was last seen just after midnight in the parking lot of Penn Park, located at 13950 Penn Street, according to a statement from Whittier Police Department.

She was in the car with her boyfriend, when an armed suspect approached the car and began firing shots in their direction.

[...]

"It's hard to get rest, it just feels guilty to even sleep," said Vasquez's older sister, Edlyn. "She's a homebody. She was my best friend."

She says that she tracked Andrea's phone to Moreno Valley.

"When I got to that spot, that night, police were called. They had drones, they had canines, they had a lot of people searching that area," she said. "But, we don't really know much more."

"The male witness ran from the location and upon his return, discovered blood near his vehicle and his female companion was missing," the statement said.

Vasquez is described as a Hispanic female who stands around 5-feet, 3-inches tall and weighs around 103 pounds. She has brownish-red hair and brown eyes, and was last seen wearing a black, long-sleeve crop top, khaki pants and black, low-top Converse shoes.

"It's a pain nobody deserves," said her mother, Anna. "She was my everything.

Just seeing this on the local news which describes it a little differently (boyfriend ran for help)
Video

"Family members say that the 19-year-old was with her boyfriend in a car parked at the curb when another vehicle suddenly pulled up and fired a shot, striking Andrea. They claim that the boyfriend then ran to another couple in the park for help. "

“He later returned and saw that his female companion that he was with there at the park was missing and that there was an amount of blood on the floor,” Whittier Police Captain David Elizarraras said.

Woman missing after reported shooting, possible kidnapping in Whittier - Whittier Daily News
<snipped & BBM>
A man told officers that he and the woman — identified as Andrea Vazquez — were approached by an “armed suspect” while they were in the parking stalls portion of the park at 13950 Penn Street just after midnight, according to a Whittier Police Department statement.

The “armed suspect” approached the vehicle the man and Vazquez were sitting in and “fired a weapon” in their direction, the man told police.

The man said he ran off, then returned to find blood near his vehicle and Vazquez missing, police said.

Vazquez was described as a female Hispanic, about 5-foot-3, 103 pounds with brownish red hair and brown eyes, who was last seek wearing a black long-sleeve crop top, khaki pants and black low-top Converse shoes. Police say she has a tattoo of the word “Edlyn” on the back of her neck and the Aries constellation on the top of her right hand and has a belly button piercing.
View attachment 442078
This doesn't sound right. On the news tonight there were differing stories, one was that the bf ran as soon as the shots were fired and returned to find blood by the floor of car w/Andrea gone. The other was that the bf went to get help from nearby couple once realized the andrea had been shot to return w/no sign of Andrea. There is no further mention of the bf. Is that odd? Hope she is found soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Who_knows_18
Back