Found Deceased CA - Andrea Vazquez, 19, poss. kidnapped by armed suspect after shooting, blood found near vehicle, Whittier, 19 Aug 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
on the local news now...
found in a field

"Andrea Vazquez’s body was discovered in an open field in Moreno Valley Monday night, Whittier police said. "

"Investigators believe the shooting was random."

"A weapon believed to have been used in the crime was recovered, but authorities have not elaborated on how they were able to tie Esparza to the crime. "

It reminds me of this....random killing in my area. A couple, simply parked at a scenic overlook during the nighttime hours.

"They were found in a bullet-riddled car in a parking lot overlooking the ocean in Rancho Palos Verdes. Multiple shots were fired at close range, detectives said.

Woman's Body Found In RivCo Field; 'Random Target' Of Violence: Cops - Patch
<snipped & BBM>
Esparza was booked on suspicion of murder and kidnapping in the death of Andrea Vazquez, 19, police said. He was being held without bail, according to police, who said a weapon believed to be used in the crime has been recovered. Esparza's vehicle, a 2013 White Toyota Tacoma truck, has also been recovered, police said.

[...]

"Detectives are not disclosing any additional details at this time because the investigation is ongoing," police said.

I don't think so. I would have bet money the bf would turn out to be responsible and the abduction story would turn out to be hooey.

WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old who was kidnapped during a shooting at a Whittier park over the weekend was found dead and according to police, she was killed in a random attack.
19-year-old kidnapped, shot to death at Whittier park was 'randomly targeted,' police say

ETA: I owe her unnamed boyfriend an apology. prayers for him and for Andrea's other friends and loved ones.
you and me both. i was even a little suspicious of the sister. her statements were so inconsistent, and the phone tracing was done by her instead of turning it over to the pd had me very suspicious that maybe the family was under some type of duress.
I feel like an . just goes to show that the police were CORRECT this time in not releasing anything about the boyfriend as far as his name, etc. he's going to have a hard enough time with self imposed guilt. an internet mob accusing him of this than and the third would only cause more harm to an already tragic ending.
i'll definitely be following the story until the end. such a weird random abduction.
stay safe everyone. if nothing else, this proves anything can happen at anytime. take care all.

I just saw the news and I can’t be more sad :-( I wanted to believe she would be found safe but I had a gut feeling as soon as I saw the first article about what happened that she was not going to be ok. She was so young, very pretty too :-( rest in peace
I knew the odds but was really hoping that she would be found alive. I feel so bad for her loved ones especially her boyfriend. I can't even imagine his fear after being randomly attacked and then finding her blood at the scene. I hope that he and the family can comfort each other through this nightmare. This whole thing is terrifying. It's dangerous to be a woman lately!

Thinking aloud.
I wonder if this Esparza guy has any connections (or wanna be connection) to the same gang, as the 6 belong to, who were arrested for the murders I linked above.
Same MO.
Kill random people parked in out of the way areas such as in parks or scenic outlooks and where there is no surveillance.

Did the 'other couple' not hear the shot(s) already... without the need for running to them for help?

So shots are fired, victim is shot, other victim gets out of car, runs to other couple's area, turns around and female victim is gone?

Shooter shoots car, gets out of vehicle, opens victim's door, drags female victim into his vehicle, closes door, drives off.

Just don't see how all that happens but it is stated that male victim turned around and female was gone???

Maybe he noticed plenty and LE is not stating all the info.

Moreno valley is where the sister last tracked Andrea's I-phone so I am not sure if the perp led LE to her body or if they were already searching that area based on the cell phone data of victim and perp combined. Still can't get over the random factor here. How senseless and frightening.

Random attack, really?

I'm thinking gang initiation. They still do that, kill someone at random to 'prove' their 'worthiness'. Let him rot in prison for the rest of his life. Poor young woman...rest in peace.
Yes, a gang initiation would be a random attack.

you and me both. i was even a little suspicious of the sister. her statements were so inconsistent, and the phone tracing was done by her instead of turning it over to the pd had me very suspicious that maybe the family was under some type of duress.
I feel like an . just goes to show that the police were CORRECT this time in not releasing anything about the boyfriend as far as his name, etc. he's going to have a hard enough time with self imposed guilt. an internet mob accusing him of this than and the third would only cause more harm to an already tragic ending.
i'll definitely be following the story until the end. such a weird random abduction.
stay safe everyone. if nothing else, this proves anything can happen at anytime. take care all.
Yes, almost everyone here jumped straight to the boyfriend. Oof.

It gets worse...

A man faces a slew of charges in connection with the fatal shooting and kidnapping of 19-year-old Andrea Vazquez, including attempted rape, officials announced Wednesday.

Gabriel Sean Esparza, 20, was charged with one count of murder, one count of willful — deliberate and premeditated — attempted murder, one count of kidnapping to commit rape, one count of kidnapping, one count of assault with intent to commit rape and two counts of attempted forcible rape, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. Special circumstances of murder during a kidnapping and murder during an attempted rape are also alleged.

more

It gets worse...

A man faces a slew of charges in connection with the fatal shooting and kidnapping of 19-year-old Andrea Vazquez, including attempted rape, officials announced Wednesday.

Gabriel Sean Esparza, 20, was charged with one count of murder, one count of willful — deliberate and premeditated — attempted murder, one count of kidnapping to commit rape, one count of kidnapping, one count of assault with intent to commit rape and two counts of attempted forcible rape, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. Special circumstances of murder during a kidnapping and murder during an attempted rape are also alleged.

more
i kept rereading the DA's press release and thinking how scared she must have been...the use of the word attempted over and over. she fought him off and kicked his behind to where he was not successful in the rape. the news is reporting he's the suspect is the kid of an LA fire dept captain. that family is now destroyed too.

Just noting that there is someone with that name/that age that lives about 3 minutes from Penn Park (per the whitepages site) - IF it is the same "GE" he sure didn't have very far to drive to fulfil his urge to "shoot someone".

Also making note that the DA's news release upthread mentions that after shooting her with a rifle "he drove off with her in the bed of his pickup truck". That makes me think she was already incapacitated from the gunshots unless he took the time to tie her up somehow so she couldn't jump out of the back of the truck.

I also wonder if it was his rifle and how long he owned it - then had he wanted to shoot someone previously and had he already done that, or was this the first time? Anything else unsolved in the area that needs shell casings, etc. examined?

Just noting that there is someone with that name/that age that lives about 3 minutes from Penn Park (per the whitepages site) - IF it is the same "GE" he sure didn't have very far to drive to fulfil his urge to "shoot someone".

Also making note that the DA's news release upthread mentions that after shooting her with a rifle "he drove off with her in the bed of his pickup truck". That makes me think she was already incapacitated from the gunshots unless he took the time to tie her up somehow so she couldn't jump out of the back of the truck.

I also wonder if it was his rifle and how long he owned it - then had he wanted to shoot someone previously and had he already done that, or was this the first time? Anything else unsolved in the area that needs shell casings, etc. examined?
yep, i found that addy too. i mapped it out to see if he had view from the house, but it's not on an elevated area (which a lot of whittier is). thought maybe that's how the suspect could have randomly picked a victim.

caught the mention of her being in the bed of the truck. that is very strange. she must have been unconscious because you have to travel on the freeway to get to moreno valley from whitter. actually a few freeways, there is no way someone would not have seen her in the bed of a tacoma truck all that way if she were awake. i'm thinking she lost consciousness right away due to the wound where she lost blood. rifles are large caliber weapons, so the wound probably made her bleed quite profusely.

another thought i had was that the kid looks pretty clean cut. if he admitted that he wanted to shoot someone, yet he plead not guilty, they are going to go with a mental health defense. I mean, that's what i'm assuming. i don't think he was involved in gangs. plus the fact the news is reporting his father is a LA fire department Fire Chief . usually families that have Law enforecement and/or fire are somewhat "conservative" (not really, but hopefully you know what i mean). feeling they are gonna go for some psychosis/insanity plea.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back