CA CA - April Pitzer, 30, Newberry Springs, 28 June 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Per Gloria, she asked that I post a clarification:

"yes, but the ones who found the bones...
did not know about the tip" nor did the person who was told the tip knew bones had been found until later...
The detectives had not yet released or shared any info, nor had set a time to go there...it was still, even to me "just another theory/story" So in actuality...the Det. did not, have first hand envolvement of the bones being found. I don't want him to get in any trouble by any means. Please post this for me.
There is " nothing, that says these are April's remains". It may just be simply a coincidence. There has not been a skull or pelvis located. The humorus is somewhat big, now at this time it is being called possible male..There will have to be DNA done to first determine the sex of the bones. If this is inconclusive then another DNA test for microcondinal DNA that only April and I share.
If that test says it's April, well, I don't know what to say, except praise God!! Myself and another lady also found what appears to be skull, toe bone and piece of a kneecap/knee. It has been send to the forensic anthropology dept to do a determination. These were foun in a pack/rat nest, and wash basin near Chuck Hollisters home."

I watched this story on Disappeared last night and it's heartbreaking....knowing she more than likely is in that desert, and can't seem to be found. I PRAY they find her soon...

I am very familiar about this case and have watched her Disappeared show over and over again. Have the bones been identified? I believe that the Chuck H. guy had something to do with her disappearance or he knows who had something to do with it. How did Aprils suit case get from Chucks house to the desert? Chuck took it out of his home or someone else went into his home and snatched it. If so, Chuck knew who came into his house to take it or he had someone take it to dispose of it elsewhere. It's a shame this guy died because I think he knew more than what was being said. This is just IMO though.

Every day I pray she is found.

I have always knew Chuck was involved some how. Just gotta keep searching for answers and squeezing information out of people.

On December 5, 2006 April's mother Gloria Denton was interviewed on a radio program called "Missing Pieces". This is a transcript of the program.

Very interesting interview and very informative. Sounds like "Uncle Chuck" was involved in her disappearance and probable death and another man.

http://missingpiecesshow.homestead.com/MissingPiecesEpisode14Archive.html

Ok, this post is going to be lengthy so I apologize.

I think the article was very interesting but it annoyed me that the person who typed it put their instead of they're, lol. I don't think it matters though.

I think Chuck knew something. He changed his story like what? About three times now. I don't buy the story that April left with a truck driver because she didn't want her mom to buy her a bus ticket. April and Gloria had already discussed the plan so why would April have so much guilt. April really want to be comforted and safe home with her mother and kids. I highly doubt she'd hop on some truck with a stranger. Why would she leave her stuff only to come back to get it later being risked being killed and put in danger again? I think April was desparate and she wanted to get out of there as soon as she could.

Chuck wouldn't let Marie Spain look inside of his house but six weeks later allowed Detective Hinijoas to look inside. I think Chuck felt obligated to talk about something that happened to April so Chuck wouldn't look totally guilty and he was just helping out. But instead of telling the truth he told a lie to make himself look good. The approximate six week gap could have given him time to clean up a possible crime scene as well. The biggest question I would for someone to answer to be able to find out is HOW did Aprils stuff get from Chucks house to the desert to be scattered around there? There's just a lot of suspicion surrounding him.

I also remember April worked at the Bagdad Cafe for a short time. The woman April worked for said that April came into work the second day on the job and saw that April look as if she was beat up by someone. She claimed April looked scared and confused. In addition, it looked like April had a black eye like someone hit her. At the time of this, April was living with someone and Chucks home wasn't too far from Bagdad Cafe. April told the woman she worked for that she lived right down the road. After April was seen with a possible black and blue eye, she was never seen again and she didn't show up for work.

I think April was moved several times from different mines so she couldn't be tracked and I think it was to throw off the LE. Because if the person responsible for moving her knew about cadavar dogs then the person not wanting to get caught would have moved April several times to different mines just to throw off LE. That could be a reason or the person(s) could have had better plans of disposing April. The dogs refused to lay down after the rain and after the search was stopped because of dangers of being trapped and so forth. So how come the dogs wouldn't lay there anymore? Was Aprils body really moved like Marie Spain suggested? Or did the rain wash away the any scent of April? I think it's a high chance April was moved to the area that had signs of disturbance when it did not before.

Who is the person with the undisclosed name? Whoever it is should be further investigated not just questioned. And if he and Chuck knew each other why wasn't he polygraphed? Or something. I think he should be. I think he could have shown up at the mine just to find out what the LE had in mind and what stuff they found if much at all. He could have been keeping tabs on them. I don't know if they were talking about that DanDan who died just after he and Gloria met. Dan Dan had owned the Red Dog Mine. And before he died he told some from friends of his that Gloria was looking in the right area she just has to look harder-something along the lines of that. But the fact that they haven't found anything yet, why make such a statement?

I'm really hoping that the DNA results will come back from the matress, the hair, that had the bloody stains on them. The clip with Chucks name on it then the bloody bed sheet, then the burried shovel without finger prints, then the comforter. Plus the CD. Whoever burried this stuff didn't want to get caught. But having something with Chucks name on it burried was pretty dumb on the persons part. I'm just super stoked and hope that LE can obtain DNA results for the blood stains. From what it looks like it could have been three men involved, especially with an 19 page criminal history who could have tortured her for days and then murdered her. From what I've heard that the blood is definitely human but the DNA results are pending of who it belongs to.

Haven't found any updates on DNA results but will keep looking.

Has anyone heard anything yet on the DNA?

I live about an hour from where this happened, but I didn't know about it until the episode of disappeared aired. It's so sad that the only real people that could have solved this are dead... Living out in desert I have learned one thing while hiking is that there are HOLES & abandoned mines EVERYWHERE! The area where she went missing was a big mining area around the early 1900s and prior... I hope that the SB county has a map of the mines and has worked on ruling them out 1 by 1... It's so sad that it's been 7 yrs and still nothing. The desert has a way of keeping secrets.. Ever since I saw this case last year it comes to my mind everytime I am in Barstow...

A proposed gold mine reopening south of Ludlow could create hundreds of new jobs, according to mine developers. Bagdad Chase, Inc. plans to reopen the Bagdad Chase mine, said George Rodda, who serves on the board of directors for the company.

~snip~

Since 2004, the mine has played a role in a missing person case that received national attention. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies searched the area for 30-year-old April Pitzer, of Newberry Springs, who went missing in 2004 after moving to the area from Arkansas.

“There’s a lot of evidence that shows she was murdered on the mine,” Rodda said.

Deputies recovered clothing that could have belonged to Pitzer in an area mine in 2005, but never located her body.

A piece of graffiti scrawled on the wall of a truck stop restroom in Roseburg, Ore. said “want to find missing girl from Arkansas? I-15 3 miles east of Barstow,” but investigators found no signs of Pitzer at that location either.

Authorities believed that some of Pitzer’s friends would hang out around abandoned mines in the area.

http://www.desertdispatch.com/articles/plans-12722-reopen-says.html

April, I'm thinking of you and your loved ones. :heartbeat: Tomorrow will be 8 years without you!

Not much info to go on, but I thought of April when I saw this:

http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/sheriff/coroner/PressRelease.asp
Coroner case 701206194: On Sunday, September 2, 2012, at 6:50 PM, human remains were located in the desert along 49000 block of Silver Valley Rd. in Newberry Springs. The remains were determined to be those of a female (designated "Jane Doe #24-12"). Attempts to identify the remains and determine the cause of death are continuing. The incident is under investigation by the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department – Homicide Detail. Anyone with information is urged to call Sheriff's Homicide Detail at 909-387-3589. [09/07/12 1630 VN]

Not much info to go on, but I thought of April when I saw this:

http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/sheriff/coroner/PressRelease.asp
Coroner case 701206194: On Sunday, September 2, 2012, at 6:50 PM, human remains were located in the desert along 49000 block of Silver Valley Rd. in Newberry Springs. The remains were determined to be those of a female (designated "Jane Doe #24-12"). Attempts to identify the remains and determine the cause of death are continuing. The incident is under investigation by the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department – Homicide Detail. Anyone with information is urged to call Sheriff's Homicide Detail at 909-387-3589. [09/07/12 1630 VN]

Did they find out who this is?
Any updates on April?
I hope her mother is doing well!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member