Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am puzzled why the friends he was supposedly with have not been identified?

:dunno:

Well, it's possible that they could be involved somehow with the disappearance? If so, the police may not release their names until they have fully investigated.

I also was flabbergasted at the police saying they do not suspect foul play. Perhaps LE is saying this to keep any potential suspects more... relaxed? To catch them off-guard? Just a thought. Or maybe it's just common LE practice to say that without an forensic evidence or witnesses? A big THANK YOU to those in the Coachella area who have chimed in with explanations of the geography of the area, the traffic activity on the highway, etc. I live across the country, and your info was more helpful than anything I could find on Google Maps.

Idea of him being an informant is something that had not even crossed my mind. I doubt LE would divulge that either to avoid casting them in a negative light and to preserve Jon and Audrey's safety. Interesting theory!

If sharing this link isn't okay, mod please delete! But I was reading about Andrew's story a few months ago. It's horrible (to me anyway) how he was scared into becoming an informant after being caught with a small amount of marijuana and put into such dangerous positions. Again, it's complete speculation that anything like this happened with Jonathan (or Audrey), but here's a link from a Daily Beast article of Andrew's story.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/studen...-bullet-in-his-head-and-rocks-in-his-backpack

If sharing this link isn't okay, mod please delete! But I was reading about Andrew's story a few months ago. It's horrible (to me anyway) how he was scared into becoming an informant after being caught with a small amount of marijuana and put into such dangerous positions. Again, it's complete speculation that anything like this happened with Jonathan (or Audrey), but here's a link from a Daily Beast article of Andrew's story.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/studen...-bullet-in-his-head-and-rocks-in-his-backpack

Recreational Marijuana is legal in California so getting caught with a little bit wouldn't get you in trouble.

Recreational Marijuana is legal in California so getting caught with a little bit wouldn't get you in trouble.

That's a good point. The same scenario might apply with another drug. Again, speculation. And I hope this is not what happened. :(

Well, it's possible that they could be involved somehow with the disappearance? If so, the police may not release their names until they have fully investigated.

I also was flabbergasted at the police saying they do not suspect foul play. Perhaps LE is saying this to keep any potential suspects more... relaxed? To catch them off-guard? Just a thought. Or maybe it's just common LE practice to say that without an forensic evidence or witnesses? A big THANK YOU to those in the Coachella area who have chimed in with explanations of the geography of the area, the traffic activity on the highway, etc. I live across the country, and your info was more helpful than anything I could find on Google Maps.

I never take LE saying that serious anymore. They said the same about kaytlynn Cargill even when the public found out a body was found in the landfill and also said that in the Delphi IN girls case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2017/06/22/jonathan-reynoso-audrey-moran/407081001/

Not sure if this article has been posted yet, but I found a few points interesting:

1) Article says the COUPLE'S SCENTS were tracked about 20 yards WEST of her vehicle. This makes me think they were transferred to another car that pulled over in front of hers. That car could've been headed anywhere-LA, San Diego, OC.

2) NO purse or wallet were found in the car.

3) Police haven't found any signs of foul play. Doesn't mean they don't suspect it. They just have haven't found any evidence of it.

4) Forensics test on her car revealed nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm really hoping since her purse wasn't left behind and their scent was detected west of her car, maybe there's a small chance they could be alive somewhere. Such a perplexing case to say the least.

Thinking about scenarios and with that back window down and the scents tracked it makes me wonder if she picked him up somewhere other than where she told her sister. Upon arrival, Jon tells her another person or persons are coming/ need a ride. These people pull a gun/knife and demand she pull over. Another car has been following them and pulls in front. They are told to get into that car and they are taken. Why though?? Did one of them have an enemy? Involved in something like drug trafficking? Have a large sum of money? That is where the phone records and friends come in. I still think it was someone he knew or had dealings with. So sad for all their loved ones.

Our local news is doing an investigative report on the case this Thursday at 5... it looks like it's mostly family interviews

Bear with me as this is a little winded too, but wanted to give my take on it. I have been following this story since it broke. I am pretty familiar with the Beaumont area as well as the Brawley area. Both aren't the nicest of places, especially Brawley. At night, Brawley is a dark eery ghost town with shady characters lurking around. It also borders Mexico.

I too feel like he got involved in something he couldn't get himself out of. I don't get the bad guy vibe from him, but if he is hanging out in Brawley, there are strong chances he could have been involved in something drug or even cartel related. Not saying this case has anything to do with that, but the pieces fit.

Brawley is about an hour to an hour and a half away from Beaumont down the 86 expressway connecting at the 10. Driving in either direction on the 86, there is a Border Patrol checkpoint that has several big thermal and license plate cameras pointing to the road. They would have had to pass through these and been recorded, even if BP wasn't stopping cars at the time. Was her car picked up on these? If not, she never went to Brawley.

What I don't get is the reports say neither of their phones pinged outside of Coachella Valley and Indio. Wasn't he supposedly in Brawley? Certainly his phone would have pinged there if he was.

<modsnip>

So she worked at a storage facility. imagine what u could hide in storage bins if u were helping ppl to smuggle... i don't think he was ever in brawley now i think that was a cover up to tell the sis maybe they were meeting up with other from out South but don't believe anything traces them there.... can anyone confirm how long they been dating?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

So she worked at a storage facility. imagine what u could hide in storage bins if u were helping ppl to smuggle... i don't think he was ever in brawley now i think that was a cover up to tell the sis maybe they were meeting up with other from out South but don't believe anything traces them there.... can anyone confirm how long they been dating?
You make a good point about the storage bins. Hopefully the storage units were checked, and the staff looked in to.

My thought was maybe she had seen something she shouldn't have at the storage facility thus making her a liability to someone or someones. IMO

http://www.kyma.com/news/search-for...le-extended-to-the-desert-southwest/531078490

So her parents tried on star early Friday morning@ 2 am... And her car was found ditched that morning on the 12th .... seems it was ditched in a panic that they were about to be located .. could anyone confirm how on star would notify the driver of the car if the car was tryin to be located?... also back window down. Maybe she had child lock or whoever child locked it as whoever sat there tried to roll down window to open from outside and jump out

I think a lot of good points have been brought up. I am guessing one of them was involved in something illegal. I think both were aware of what was going on, but something did not go as planned that night. They are either no longer alive and in the desert somewhere or they have been taken captive to Mexico. Really worried for the both of them. Where are these "friends"? Did Jon have a burner phone for the "friends" and that is why police do not have leads on them?

Bear with me as this is a little winded too, but wanted to give my take on it. I have been following this story since it broke. I am pretty familiar with the Beaumont area as well as the Brawley area. Both aren't the nicest of places, especially Brawley. At night, Brawley is a dark eery ghost town with shady characters lurking around. It also borders Mexico.

I too feel like he got involved in something he couldn't get himself out of. I don't get the bad guy vibe from him, but if he is hanging out in Brawley, there are strong chances he could have been involved in something drug or even cartel related. Not saying this case has anything to do with that, but the pieces fit.

Brawley is about an hour to an hour and a half away from Beaumont down the 86 expressway connecting at the 10. Driving in either direction on the 86, there is a Border Patrol checkpoint that has several big thermal and license plate cameras pointing to the road. They would have had to pass through these and been recorded, even if BP wasn't stopping cars at the time. Was her car picked up on these? If not, she never went to Brawley.

What I don't get is the reports say neither of their phones pinged outside of Coachella Valley and Indio. Wasn't he supposedly in Brawley? Certainly his phone would have pinged there if he was.

<modsnip>

From what I read, CHP said their car wasn't detected on the cameras they checked so far -- not sure if that includes the area where the BP checkpoint was

All we actually know is:

--that Audrey told her sister she was picking up Jonathan who was either in Brawley or headed back from Brawley, with friends
--that neither Audrey or Jonathan pinged outside of the EAST Coachella Valley on the 10th
--that there was picture sent from Audrey's phone to a family member of the two of them, that was not taken on the 10th
--that on May 12, Audrey's SUV was found abandoned in Beaumont at the side of the freeway

The above is ALL we know.

There is nothing mentioned by anyone who knew these two that they were involved in anything illegal. Nothing.

I've lived in a lot of bad neighborhoods, where people were killed moments after I left a spot. Those killed were often cited as known gang members. The fact that I traveled the block where they were killed does not make me a member of a gang. And my immediate neighbors were not gang members either.

It is truly possible to be an innocent victim of a random crime. And if you are traveling through an area at night--that might have some criminal activity taking place--you can be targeted for a crime for any number of reasons, none of which may have anything to do with personal choices you have made.

It's very possible that Audrey wasn't clear with her sister about the p/u. If you aren't expecting to go missing, you might not think certain information is important.

And it may be that Jonathan was dropped off close to Coachella, just south of that city, and that something happened to them around that spot. That's what makes the most sense.

I don't think this was random. They would of been located deceased or alive by now. This must b something deeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members