Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
She's a millennial, so it's not out that she'd text and drive. I see it ALL the time. In fact I don't think I've ever been on the road and not seen at least one person on their phone.

I'm curious about how many pings and in which direction they think she went based on that. They only officially report her last ping. I'm pretty sure reports are that they believe they did in fact meet up so I wonder how they came to that conclusion? Though I guess just the fact that they're both gone would lead them to that?

<modsnip>. But yes, she may very well have texted while driving.

BBM
She's a millennial, so it's not out that she'd text and drive. I see it ALL the time. In fact I don't think I've ever been on the road and not seen at least one person on their phone.

I'm curious about how many pings and in which direction they think she went based on that. They only officially report her last ping. I'm pretty sure reports are that they believe they did in fact meet up so I wonder how they came to that conclusion? Though I guess just the fact that they're both gone would lead them to that?

I wonder the same. The fact that the last pings are in East Coachella, and apparently she didn't ping elsewhere that night, kind of indicates that this is where the start of the problems began, anyway.

But there is still the question, if JDR is home at 6pm, how does he get to where ever it is that he meets AM?

No mention has been made of someone giving him a ride, other than this perplexing reference to Brawley.

There is a bus that goes this route, but I bet it's not frequent or convenient.

Would he take a cab?

Did he get a ride with someone he only knows in passing?

Was he forced to go somewhere?

Every time I feel convinced this was a random crime, that nagging question pops right back up--a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

I don't believe this was random but I don't think they were targets either. I really believe they got caught up in something that didn't go as planned. What that is, I don't know but it makes the most sense to me.

I don't believe this was random but I don't think they were targets either. I really believe they got caught up in something that didn't go as planned. What that is, I don't know but it makes the most sense to me.

In a way, this would be the best case scenario, because random crimes are much harder to solve. But so far there is zero evidence to support that they got "caught up" in something. Zip. Nada.

They both were close to family. They had a tight group of friends. AM is in school and working and living at home. JDR had a roommate and got rides everywhere he went.

Where's the indicator that they got "caught up" in something?

In a way, this would be the best case scenario, because random crimes are much harder to solve. But so far there is zero evidence to support that they got "caught up" in something. Zip. Nada.

They both were close to family. They had a tight group of friends. AM is in school and working and living at home. JDR had a roommate and got rides everywhere he went.

Agreed but I guess it's not that I believe it was drugs or anything they thought they were doing that was crazy illegal either. Otherwise no doubt Audrey would have been acting nervous around the sister. I can't explain it but I feel like maybe it was something that they didn't think would be that bad and all of a sudden things took a turn. Perhaps they had an arrangement with someone and then others somehow got involved and they're to blame?

Its interesting that if they were involved in ANYTHING that ultimately caused this outcome that it seems that he's always the one that is highlighted due to this mysterious Brawley trip. But I always go back to her job at the storage facility. These are two adults and if Brawley trip was made up then what gives? The Brawley trip turnaround is so tight I wish we knew how far in advance he'd told her about it. The trip is what throws things off for me. Was there really a trip? Did he lie to her? Did she lie to the sis? Did she actually meet him halfways? There's SO much unaccounted for.

Believe me, I have zero doubt that these are two good people. But I've also heard so many stories of good people getting wrapped up in bad situations and I can't wrap my head around anything else. I don't see her meeting up with him and some people randomly decided to take them and randomly dump their car off side of the highway 1hr north. I just don't get it.

I really hope that LE knows a little more than they lead on because otherwise they completely disappeared and we may never know anything about them. That's a terrible thought.

Agreed but I guess it's not that I believe it was drugs or anything they thought they were doing that was crazy illegal either. Otherwise no doubt Audrey would have been acting nervous around the sister. I can't explain it but I feel like maybe it was something that they didn't think would be that bad and all of a sudden things took a turn. Perhaps they had an arrangement with someone and then others somehow got involved and they're to blame?

Its interesting that if they were involved in ANYTHING that ultimately caused this outcome that it seems that he's always the one that is highlighted due to this mysterious Brawley trip. But I always go back to her job at the storage facility. These are two adults and if Brawley trip was made up then what gives? The Brawley trip turnaround is so tight I wish we knew how far in advance he'd told her about it. The trip is what throws things off for me. Was there really a trip? Did he lie to her? Did she lie to the sis? Did she actually meet him halfways? There's SO much unaccounted for.

Believe me, I have zero doubt that these are two good people. But I've also heard so many stories of good people getting wrapped up in bad situations and I can't wrap my head around anything else. I don't see her meeting up with him and some people randomly decided to take them and randomly dump their car off side of the highway 1hr north. I just don't get it.

I really hope that LE knows a little more than they lead on because otherwise they completely disappeared and we may never know anything about them. That's a terrible thought.

I agree. You make excellent points. The two biggest conundrums for me in all this do relate to JDR, and how he got where ever he got to that night, prior to AM heading to pick him up.

I don't think AM would lie to her sister. Usually your sister is the person you can tell anything to. So was the Brawley matter just a confusion? Or is there some connection to that information and what happens later?

The only thing that makes me think it's possible they were acquainted with whoever did this, is that JDR had to have gotten a ride from someone. Unless he took the bus or a cab. But then why was he going out? And where did AM and JDR meet up?

Brawley: Could mean nothing. Could mean everything.

Then again the Brawley trip may have happened and this could be as random and stupid as they met up, she'd gotten out of the car and some guys hit on her... he defends her and if the area is not so good maybe they pull a gun and she saw it happen etc etc. The guys freak and ditch the car and do who knows what with their bodies.

I also think about his area code tattoo. I always take it as he's just proud of his hometown but maybe others didn't see it that way? A while back I looked into the gangs out there and at least one goes by their area code (not same as his tattoo). Though usually gangs couldn't care less, they kill and leave them there for the world to see not to mess with them right?

I also get stuck on the who would harm them and hide them? Gangs, cartel etc to my knowledge, they don't cover their tracks. Two dead bodies is the least of their worries. Unless just hoodlum gangster wannabe idiots that did it and got scared?

I'm tellin ya, no matter what angle we go on this there's a rebuttal.

Then again the Brawley trip may have happened and this could be as random and stupid as they met up, she'd gotten out of the car and some guys hit on her... he defends her and if the area is not so good maybe they pull a gun and she saw it happen etc etc. The guys freak and ditch the car and do who knows what with their bodies.

I also think about his area code tattoo. I always take it as he's just proud of his hometown but maybe others didn't see it that way? A while back I looked into the gangs out there and at least one goes by their area code (not same as his tattoo). Though usually gangs couldn't care less, they kill and leave them there for the world to see not to mess with them right?

I also get stuck on the who would harm them and hide them? Gangs, cartel etc to my knowledge, they don't cover their tracks. Two dead bodies is the least of their worries. Unless just hoodlum gangster wannabe idiots that did it and got scared?

I'm tellin ya, no matter what angle we go on this there's a rebuttal.

Yes. There is--always a rebuttal for this. It's true. It's a very perplexing disappearance. On paper, JDR and AM should be here, present, living happy lives,with family and friends, maybe soon to be engaged. Getting ready to raise a family. That's how they seem,like people who wanted to be part of only positive things. Their families and friends all seem to be pretty remarkable, creative, loving people.

This was an unlikely thing to happen to either JDR or AM--so what the heck did happen?

I have a feeling LE knows a lot more than they are revealing.

I agree. You make excellent points. The two biggest conundrums for me in all this do relate to JDR, and how he got where ever he got to that night, prior to AM heading to pick him up.

I don't think AM would lie to her sister. Usually your sister is the person you can tell anything to. So was the Brawley matter just a confusion? Or is there some connection to that information and what happens later?

The only thing that makes me think it's possible they were acquainted with whoever did this, is that JDR had to have gotten a ride from someone. Unless he took the bus or a cab. But then why was he going out? And where did AM and JDR meet up?

Brawley: Could mean nothing. Could mean everything.

Ugh my phone won't bold!
Regarding your comment "I don't think AM would lie to her sister. Usually your sister is the person you can tell anything to."

I completely agree but her sister is a lot older than she is. I can relate to that as my siblings are all about the same in age difference from me. Some I confided in and others acted like a third parent (they still do lol!). So no, I wouldn't tell ALL to those.

I'm not sure I believe she'd lie either but unless Jon planned a turnaround to Brawley (which yes I believe it's possible he could get there and halfways back to meet Audrey) then why would she come up with that city of all places to begin with? It seems to me that his mom and friends don't believe the trip existed. If it didn't then what reason would she have to lie unless it was Jon that lied to her?... but why would he do that?

Ugh my phone won't bold!
Regarding your comment "I don't think AM would lie to her sister. Usually your sister is the person you can tell anything to."

I completely agree but her sister is a lot older than she is. I can relate to that as my siblings are all about the same in age difference from me. Some I confided in and others acted like a third parent (they still do lol!). So no, I wouldn't tell ALL to those.

I'm not sure I believe she'd lie either but unless Jon planned a turnaround to Brawley (which yes I believe it's possible he could get there and halfways back to meet Audrey) then why would she come up with that city of all places to begin with? It seems to me that his mom and friends don't believe the trip existed. If it didn't then what reason would she have to lie unless it was Jon that lied to her?... but why would he do that?

Or there may have simply been confusion as to what was meant. Texts can be off. If JDR and AM hadn't gone missing, that trip wouldn't mean much. And if the trip were for something "nefarious" or shady, like a drug purchase, why be so open about it?

If there was something to hide, why would AM tell anyone?

Unfortunately it seems if he told her to go get him somewhere he may have been trying to get her out of the area. Are there any articles on his history or how their relationship was going? Why else would she say she has to go get him, and why else would none of his friends know of such trip.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Or there may have simply been confusion as to what was meant. Texts can be off. If JDR and AM hadn't gone missing, that trip wouldn't mean much. And if the trip were for something "nefarious" or shady, like a drug purchase, why be so open about it?

If there was something to hide, why would AM tell anyone?

I definitely don't think he was buying or dealing drugs or intended on anything illegal. He didn't have a job so what did he do all day though? Maybe he was trying to make some money doing something (that's not illegal) but things took a turn? I mean when someone is out of a job usually they will be looking for work or odd jobs etc. maybe he thought he was getting hooked up with something and it went south? It makes sense to me because if he had any idea some junk could possibly go down, I highly doubt he'd bring Audrey into it. It's more likely that if he thought anything bad would happen that he'd call up one of his bros. That's the reason I feel like whatever was intended to happen that night might have took a turn for the worse.

I was talking about this situation today and a friend of mine said their brother just about got caught up in something shady a couple years ago. Apparently a co-worker invited him to make some extra cash at their uncles warehouse loading a truck for transport. He was strapped for cash trying to support his family so went for it thinking he was just moving crates. Well, he gets there and finds out the crates were storing stolen merch. He thought heck no and made up an excuse to leave. He was lucky and got out of a potentially bad situation but maybe Jon wasn't so lucky?

I feel bad about this example but it really got my wheels spinning.

First post, so please be gentle. I've been following since day one. One of the primary observations I've made is how many people here have said what "bright, beautiful, good" people this couple seems to be. In reality, there have only been a handful of first hand contributors here who knew Jon and none who knew Audrey to my best recollection. My first question is- how do any of those descriptors help solve the case? Second- if you don't know them, how do you know they're "good" people? And what defines "good" anyway? Third- all of the people who keep calling Audrey beautiful, is she more deserving of being found than other missing persons because of her looks?

In all of my observations on this thread over the last two months I feel like I've come across so many of these descriptions and wondered how they are pertinent to the case. I think it's important to remember that while everyone is innocent until proven guilty, everyone makes mistakes and criminals come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life.

First post, so please be gentle. I've been following since day one. One of the primary observations I've made is how many people here have said what "bright, beautiful, good" people this couple seems to be. In reality, there have only been a handful of first hand contributors here who knew Jon and none who knew Audrey to my best recollection. My first question is- how do any of those descriptors help solve the case? Second- if you don't know them, how do you know they're "good" people? And what defines "good" anyway? Third- all of the people who keep calling Audrey beautiful, is she more deserving of being found than other missing persons because of her looks?

In all of my observations on this thread over the last two months I feel like I've come across so many of these descriptions and wondered how they are pertinent to the case. I think it's important to remember that while everyone is innocent until proven guilty, everyone makes mistakes and criminals come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life.

Very well put and I concur. Pictures are only face value. That alone does not really convey these people's lives, And of course, family and friends are only going o tell the good parts of these people because otherwise people might lose interest or not take interest at all. We all want the best told for those missing or in danger. There very well could be a darker element at work here and I believe that to be the case as well and that this is not a random abduction. Typically in a random abduction, the abductor does not know the abductee and they will dump the body almost immediately and they are soon found. If the abductor knows the person(s) they will take more careful steps to conceal the murder and/or crime.

I completely agree. We don't know what kind of person either are, and unfortunately the most likely scenerio would be somehow domestic. Regardless, I hope they are both found healthy and happy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You do realize that AM and JDR are victims, right? They have not been accused of anything by law enforcement. They are missing. And there is nothing to indicate that they are voluntarily missing.

The only sources for who these two people are, is their family and friends, so I fail to see how going by the accounts of those who actually knew the missing persons is in any manner contradictory to determining who they are or what might have led to their disappearance.

There are no public records of either AM or JDR being involved in so much as a traffic accident, let alone some illegal activity, And both are over the age of 21, so if there was a tendency toward this type of activity, it would probably have been evident by now.

That either was attractive has nothing to do with anything. But the fact that every indication is that they were loved and part of a community that cherished them, that is working overtime to find them, does tell us something about who they are. And knowing as much as possible about a missing person, often is important to finding them.

This case is absolutely a riddle wrapped in a mystery in an enigma. We just don't know what happened. But, I do believe that regardless, we should never forget that both these individuals are victims.

There is no innocent until proven guilty here, because NO ONE had been charged in this case. Least of all the victims.

You do realize that AM and JDR are victims, right? They have not been accused of anything by law enforcement. They are missing. And there is nothing to indicate that they are voluntarily missing.

The only sources for who these two people are, is their family and friends, so I fail to see how going by the accounts of those who actually knew the missing persons is in any manner contradictory to determining who they are or what might have led to their disappearance.

There are no public records of either AM or JDR being involved in so much as a traffic accident, let alone some illegal activity, And both are over the age of 21, so if there was a tendency toward this type of activity, it would probably have been evident by now.

That either was attractive has nothing to do with anything. But the fact that every indication is that they were loved and part of a community that cherished them, that is working overtime to find them, does tell us something about who they are. And knowing as much as possible about a missing person, often is important to finding them.

This case is absolutely a riddle wrapped in a mystery in an enigma. We just don't know what happened. But, I do believe that regardless, we should never forget that both these individuals are victims.

There is no innocent until proven guilty here, because NO ONE had been charged in this case. Least of all the victims.

No one charges a missing person of a crime in a missing persons case and even if there was evidence to implicate a missing person of a crime in a missing persons case, it would be poor handling of the case to publicly charge a missing person of a crime and expect them to show back up.

No one charges a missing person of a crime in a missing persons case and even if there was evidence to implicate a missing person of a crime in a missing persons case, it would be poor handling of the case to publicly charge a missing person of a crime and expect them to show back up.

Right. That's my point.

Of course they are victims.
I saw nowhere in their post of victim shaming as you indicated. Jon and/or Audrey could have gotten themselves unknowingly into a sticky situation, that has been theorized here throughout. It's not to say they they are "Bad People" but good people do take risks if faced with dire needs. They also at times mix with darker elements. We really don't know what JR was doing after his roommate saw him or where he was. Everyone has stated that JR knew no one from Brawley and had no reason to go there, yet there it is, the Elephant in the room. If he didn't in fact go there, then someone is lying. Or has the info wrong which is entirely possible. When people start doing things uncharacteristic of themselves, something is awry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove