CA - Bakersfield 3: Disappearance of Baylee Despot and murders of James Kulstad & Micah Holsonbake

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baylee pictures out there shows a nice looking young lady. But LE says she was somewhat involved with gun manufacturing.

So what is her family take on her lifestyle?

Was her 40 year old boyfriend and his new young girfriend also involved in those shady activities?
Yes. He was arrested in the same incident where Baylee had been arrested in December of 2017 involving guns. For him there were 4 additional charges of possession of a gun by a felon. He was also arrested on May 26th of 2018 for additional guns charges and possession of a gun by a felon. I know in the December 2017 case he was out on bail. Not clear if he made bail on the May 2018 charges.

Yes. He was arrested in the same incident where Baylee had been arrested in December of 2017 involving guns. For him there were 4 additional charges of possession of a gun by a felon. He was also arrested on May 26th of 2018 for additional guns charges and possession of a gun by a felon. I know in the December 2017 case he was out on bail. Not clear if he made bail on the May 2018 charges.

The kern county superior court site shows his bail status as active and bail type as surety bond. Based on that and the timing of his girlfriends pregnancy, I think he is out JMO

Probably have to do more research in that particular case to make sure were talking about same individual.

My search of current and released federal inmates with his name only turned up one person, who is a black male, and his inmate/register number matches the code for Indianapolis. I don’t think the previously linked federal case is the same MQ as Baylee’s ex bf. JMO

Ok. Her boyfriend may be guilty on this. So hopefully his new young girfriend makes it out alive.

Stories behind the Bakersfield 3

“His mother, Cheryl Holsonbake said, "He talked a lot about being concerned that people were going to hurt him. He was afraid, felt like he needed to defend himself."”

Snip

“A sheriff's office search warrant from June revealed detectives were investigating Queen, Despot, Holsonbake and three others for allegedly manufacturing and selling illegal guns.

"The stuff they were involved in, these people know. They all know each other. It's a big circle of criminal activity over here in Rosedale," Parrent said.“
So we're they taking 80% lowers and building them into California illegal weapons, ie standard mag releases, and all the other features that make them illegal under Ca law?

So both guys out of the 3 are confirmed dead since 1 died on the scene while the other 1 arm was found dismembered.

So where is the missing woman that had an arrest warrant out on her?

Now Im not saying she is involved. But where is she and how everyone else was found but not her?

Does LE have all of their text messages and Social media postings in hand?

A very good question we ponder everyday where is Baylee?

In reading up on all available sites about this case, there was a comment from MQ about Baylee being “occupied” when asking a mutual acquaintance where Baylee might be. Does anyone know what this means?

In reading up on all available sites about this case, there was a comment from MQ about Baylee being “occupied” when asking a mutual acquaintance where Baylee might be. Does anyone know what this means?

Withoit seeing the context of the whole conversation or a screenshot kind of hard to answer that question? One could assume many things.

Can we find out more about Baylee life since she hasn't been found yet?

Was she a good girl that stumbled into the wrong crowd?

Or was she really running the streets and didn't care if others needed to be killed for whatever reason?

Or was she more likely a victim in this entire gun running thing?

Withoit seeing the context of the whole conversation or a screenshot kind of hard to answer that question? One could assume many things.

I can’t get screenshot photos to load but conversation appeared to be with her boyfriend, MQ, and an unknown person:

MQ: so, look I don’t mean to overstep, but as you may know Baylee is considered missing. She had said you and Mike were her “family” or connected to it. She said the same about the guy she left town with. Like I said, I don’t mean to overstep, but if you do happen to see her or speak to her can you ask her to reach out somehow so I know she’s okay. Goodnight.

Response: wtf man no way who did she leave with??

MQ: she wouldn’t say. She never does. She said she f*cked up and needed to leave for a while. Only she’s always kept that part of her life a secret. Honestly I used to think she was embellishing. Always like I know people. Just trying to impress people. All I know is he was a heavy guy in a black Tahoe. I didn’t want to know anymore

Response: F*ck bro I don’t know if you know her past. But bro she’s going to be occupied for a while. She does that sometimes but she will be back.”

MQ: I’ve been trying to keep cool and trust her judgement...

Any idea what all of this means?

Yeah understand that part. But is it pre-planned or spur of the moment thing after the victim is killed.

In Micah’s case, sadly it seems pre-planned as the duffel bag only contained 1 part and had been weighted down with rocks, iirc. I would think an inexperienced or “spur of the moment” killer would have put more parts in the bag (less to dispose of, less chance of getting caught with multiple weighted down bags, etc.). I’m also surprised that LE didn’t find any other evidence when they searched that body of water; it sounds like parts may be scattered like someone took their time, thought this through.

On another note, has any identification come back on the leg found in another area lake? That person’s identity could be a big part in solving this whole puzzle and/or bringing some justice to Bakersfield. Do we know if LE has done any further testing on that part, such as DNA or ancestry testing to try to determine who it belonged to?

And to /u/bakersfield3, my deepest apologies to you and your families for what you are going through. Thank you for being here; I hope we are able to help in some small way and get these cases the public attention they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper