CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks to me to be younger in the pic on the right.That is why I was confused because she is wearing same as missing.
Could just be something she wears frequently or all the time when hiking/exploring out there. Maybe the photo was posted to show what she was wearing that day, based on previous photo. I'd think there'd be a time and maybe even a location connected to it for LE to examine. JMO

I agree. If they have determined that the above picture was taken on the day she disappeared, that certainly defines the timeline. And if not....and this was a picture at another place and time, it makes me uneasy.

Can't recall if the dogs picked up a scent? If not, well........
I'm puzzled about the dogs as well. It seems like the dogs would have at the very least tracked her path as she hiked out into the desert.

I'm looking further north on the other side of the road (closer to Hidden Hills Rd) but there's really no telling. I was surprised to learn that you can take yellow man down on Kelbaker Rd.

Jeepers, creepers, they must really love the desert. If so, I understand but personally, I can't imagine hiking anywhere out there in that kind of heat. MOO
Right now where I live there is a Heat Advisory on and the heat index is up to 107 degrees and the humidity is so high it is like a sauna. No way in HEdouble L would I even think about going on a hike and no way I would be out there at all unless someone was chasing my butt.

Right, like the kidnapper (alleged) is going to release her because there will be no questions asked. Insert eye roll..and forgive me in advance if I am wrong. So the question now is if the husband names himself as a suspect, can we sleuth him?

No, he may assume he is a suspect but he cannot be sleuthed unless LE officially names him a POI or suspect.

Hopefully I have not missed anyone mentioning this here.
Haboobs are bursts of sand than cover EVERYTHING. Last night a small one blew through here and in less than 4 minutes time my pool had 3 inches of sand in it.
My point being BT could have been hit by one on her way back to the camper become disoriented, fall over, hit her head and be covered with sand. While the desert is beautiful, it is very dangerous. And unlike snowy mountains, footsteps are covered in sand in moments by a small Breeze.

I’ve been looking at this campsite on Hidden Hills Rd. There is a camping website that has pictures of the campsite. This one is about 1/2 mile in from Kelbaker Rd and is large enough to accommodate their camper. There are other smaller sites further down Hidden Hill Rd as well. The only thing is...this doesn’t explain the “she crossed the highway” statement, since Hidden Hill is a dirt road.

Google Maps
Trying to catch up and please if anyone knows this, let me know. Did they just pull over with the truck and camper in a pull off site beside the road to stretch their legs and go for a walk or have they set up camp in an area where they were going to stay for the weekend?

Hopefully I have not missed anyone mentioning this here.
Haboobs are bursts of sand than cover EVERYTHING. Last night a small one blew through here and in less than 4 minutes time my pool had 3 inches of sand in it.
My point being BT could have been hit by one on her way back to the camper become disoriented, fall over, hit her head and be covered with sand. While the desert is beautiful, it is very dangerous. And unlike snowy mountains, footsteps are covered in sand in moments by a small Breeze.
Well, I have learned something new. I remember sandstorms (a long, long time ago!) but I have never heard the word "Haboobs." :)

Having said that, it would have hit RT as well, right? It seems to me he'd mention that. MOO

Well, I have learned something new. I remember sandstorms (a long, long time ago!) but I have never heard the word "Haboobs." :)

Having said that, it would have hit RT as well, right? It seems to me he'd mention that. MOO
Not necessarily, a haboob (maybe I'm thinking of the micro dust devils) can pop up and disappear within 3 minutes time and hits one area and if the other person is not looking they won't even see it.

Last edited:
Trying to catch up and please if anyone knows this, let me know. Did they just pull over with the truck and camper in a pull off site beside the road to stretch their legs and go for a walk or have they set up camp in an area where they were going to stay for the weekend?
Based on MSM articles linked above, her husband said they had pulled over on the side of a road and decided to go for a 2 mile hike from there. No campground or pulloff has been mentioned in MSM or by LE.

Why would the husband state that LE told him his polygraph came back as being deceptive? Is he not concerned about how that looks in the public eye? Does he think it makes him look honest to tell the public that?
Does he have an attorney yet?

Thanks PommyMommy!!! You’re right, their address hasn’t appeared in MSM, I don’t know what’s wrong with me today.
Lol, don't even think twice about it. You should have seen me yesterday. I couldn't keep a fact straight to save my life. :p
Not necessarily, a haboob (maybe I'm thinking of the micro dust devils) can pop up and disappear within 3 minutes time and hits one area and if the other person is not looking they won't even see it.
Wow! That's crazy. :eek: MOO

There would most likely be blood too in the mountain lion scenario ( I quoted but its not coming up)
That's true, as well as presumably signs of a scuffle and/or at the very least, some physical proof that she was there (e.g., her bootprints in the soil around where the RV was parked by the side of the road, and on the 2 mile trail her husband said they hiked, as well as where she 'rounded the corner' and he lost sight of her). No statements from LE on any evidence found, except to say they haven't found any evidence of foul play. IMO based on MSM articles linked above. The fact that LE had him take a lie detector test and indicated he was being deceptive and he blamed it on lack of sleep is a bit disconcerting, all JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia