CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read this somewhere or is this speculation? I didn't think we knew where he stopped to take the photograph(s). ? MOO
It was speculation based on the terrain of the area the RV was parked and her husband said they hiked for 2 miles described by MSM, and from the aerial photo of the area post by CuriousObserver on page 13 of this thread, copied and pasted below:

That comment about rounding the bend makes me think they were walking on the far side of the road from Hidden Hills. That looks like the only spot where there is a corner to go around, a highway, and where you could be close to the camper. Somewhere near here:
upload_2019-7-17_11-7-3-png.193777

[EDITED: Sorry y'all. I'm going to leave this post here in case it's not completely crazy, but I just realized how absurd it might be for a mountain lion to take a grown woman. I've been reading about this possibility in Jaryd Atadero's case, but he is a child.]
I think it's a plausible theory but I think there would at least be drag marks.
Just had a thought. I know nothing about the desert, but aren't there mountain lions out there? Unfortunately, if so, that would probably be my #1 guess as to what happened to Barbara, and would be something along the lines of what her husband is thinking (abduction). I have read that they can carry off large prey with no trace whatsoever. I sure hope I'm wrong and she shows up unharmed today.

"No questions asked"? That is what you say when you lose a wallet.
Right, like the kidnapper (alleged) is going to release her because there will be no questions asked. Insert eye roll..and forgive me in advance if I am wrong. So the question now is if the husband names himself as a suspect, can we sleuth him?

My wife gets credit for this. The picture of BT in the hat and bikini top would prove she was at the spot of the claimed disappearance if her hubby took the picture that day. Time / date stamped on his I Phone or digital camera. We don't know. LE does.

Right, like the kidnapper (alleged) is going to release her because there will be no questions asked. Insert eye roll..and forgive me in advance if I am wrong. So the question now is if the husband names himself as a suspect, can we sleuth him?
Perhaps he was speaking about himself....no questions asked. Strangest comments to make in an interview about his missing wife. I hope he's just beyond grief stricken. Holding judgment for now. Trying..

It was speculation based on the terrain of the area the RV was parked and her husband said they hiked for 2 miles described by MSM, and from the aerial photo of the area post by CuriousObserver on page 13 of this thread, copied and pasted below:

That comment about rounding the bend makes me think they were walking on the far side of the road from Hidden Hills. That looks like the only spot where there is a corner to go around, a highway, and where you could be close to the camper. Somewhere near here:
upload_2019-7-17_11-7-3-png.193777
Thank you, I thought I missed a biggie, lol! :p

I think you better alert on your post and ask a mod. I believe the rule is that he must be named by LE. MOO
View attachment 193817

Is the picture on the right supposed to be recent? This is what she was reported as being wearing when she went missing.
We don't know for sure, just that it appears to be taken the day she disappeared. MOO

My wife gets credit for this. The picture of BT in the hat and bikini top would prove she was at the spot of the claimed disappearance if her hubby took the picture that day. Time / date stamped on his I Phone or digital camera. We don't know. LE does.
Absolutely. Welcome to Websleuths, muddlehead. Love your name, lol. :)

Speechless after the Inside Edition article.

BBM:

Unfortunately for him, RT apparently is not.

Those statements he made are the equivalent of him shooting himself in the foot, then opening wide and inserting that foot straight into his mouth.

This ain't looking good, folks.

It definitely ain't sounding good, either.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members