CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BT's disappearance to begin with is odd, IMO. She had plans to go to Hong Kong to visit her sick brother the week after she went missing (this week) according to family member posting here.

Her husband is the only witness and the only person who besides BT has/had knowledge of their plans last week. and he says they pulled off the road in the desert in 90 going on 100 degree heat for a '2 mile hike', and they did this all the time.

Oh, but this time, she got ahead of him and disappeared in a few short minutes without a trace, without her cell phone, water, food or other supplies, but, you know, she may have been abducted because she was wearing a bikini and had a can of beer in her hand, and she would have had to cross a road to get back to their camper, and that's why he thinks someone must have just 'snatched' her up off the road their camper was parked off and took her to Vegas. Just please bring her back.

IMO, it's just a matter of time before LE gives up on searching for BT in rough terrain in 90-100 degree heat in the desert because there's been no sign of her at all in that locale. Though they would continue on forever regardless of the conditions if they had anything to go on, for sure. JMO.

(Sorry, Posted this twice. The quote didn’t show in my first post)

“ She had plans to go to Hong Kong to visit her sick brother the week after she went missing (this week) according to family member posting here.”
Interesting?

I once attended an informational class on SAR; humans can move faster and in stranger directions than you'd ever give them credit for. Sometimes it seems like they head in the exact opposite direction where "common sense" tells you they would go. Not that common sense isn't common, but people lost/frightened/disoriented don't think like someone sitting in a comfortable chair reading posts on the Internet.

Very true.

Lost person behavior is very interesting.

Is there a google map of the exact location where the husband said she went missing that includes the road and the nearest gas stations or town?
It looks like the command center is set up at the corner of Kelbaker and Hidden Hills Rd. Here are the coordinates 34.793536, -115.60984.

This map shows the route from Bullhead City. Google Maps

Edit to add: Yesterday when the search was going on, Google Traffic showed a partial road closure on Kelbaker Rd at Hidden Hill Rd.

Last edited:
I don’t know what the hell to make of this whole thing.

Her being lost, is probably third on my list at this point. I can’t imagine she could have wandered far enough that she wouldn’t have been found by now.

Her being picked up by someone, is slightly more probable. I’ll include willingly, and unwillingly here, although I’d lean more towards her willingly getting in a vehicle, and then things being taken out of her control.

The most likely scenario as I see it, is that she was never there in the first place.

I think a bad ending is far more probable than not.
I'm joining the discussion late so forgive me if this question has been covered. When/where was the last time someone other than Rob saw her?

tia and jmo

It looks like the command center is set up at the corner of Kelbaker and Hidden Hills Rd. Here are the coordinates 34.793536, -115.60984.

This map shows the route from Bullhead City. Google Maps

Edit to add: Yesterday when the search was going on, Google Traffic showed a partial road closure on Kelbaker Rd at Hidden Hill Rd.
This area fits the descriptions of the location very well except the references to how far from the interstate, but I think you can assign huge error bars to those anyway. The terrain also match's the video posted of the search as well.

Trying to think of all possible scenarios and I don't think this is one that has been raised....what if Barb left of her own accord after a bit of a spat and walked off in a huff figuring "this is the last straw"; sees a car driving up the road and flags it down.

Perhaps Bob was in denial that Barb wanted to leave him and left the 'argument' scenario out of the story to LE, thereby coming across as deceptive.

The key problem here is that if she took that ride voluntarily, then where is she? And why hasn't she, or the driver, spoken up?

I was on board with the story until the second photo was released. She looks significantly older than in the photo wearing the clothes she went missing in (the black bikini and the red hat), and in that photo, she was gray-haired, not blond as reported. She's a pretty lady, but I don't see someone grabbing a gray-haired grandmother off of an isolated road and hauling her off to Vegas. Women are usually taken for trafficking, a sex crime, or simply a sociopath. None of those scenarios seem likely in this case in my opinion. I hope, for her family's sake, there is a resolution soon.

Another scenario...Barb tells RT that she is going to Hong Kong to see her very sick brother. Either RT is angry because BT tells him she doesn't want him to come along, or, RT is angry because he doesn't want her to go at all, but rather, stay with him.

Did the two of them socialize with other people, or did they do absolutely everything together 24/7?

Where are interviews with any of their neighbors or friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicamcolon