CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to think of all possible scenarios and I don't think this is one that has been raised....what if Barb left of her own accord after a bit of a spat and walked off in a huff figuring "this is the last straw"; sees a car driving up the road and flags it down.

Perhaps Bob was in denial that Barb wanted to leave him and left the 'argument' scenario out of the story to LE, thereby coming across as deceptive.

The key problem here is that if she took that ride voluntarily, then where is she? And why hasn't she, or the driver, spoken up?
Yes, I can envision an argument and in anger or fear flagging down a passing car.

But I would assume that a person in that situation would very likely contact LE to put an end to needless search efforts.

She's not the first to go missing on a hike, which makes it both reasonable to think she did go missing on a hike and at the same time consider it's a believable cover story for something else. IDK.

jmo

Another scenario...Barb tells RT that she is going to Hong Kong to see her very sick brother. Either RT is angry because BT tells him she doesn't want him to come along, or, RT is angry because he doesn't want her to go at all, but rather, stay with him.

Did the two of them socialize with other people, or did they do absolutely everything together 24/7?

Where are interviews with any of their neighbors or friends?

Exactly! Where are her friends? Where are his friends?

She had a telephone conversation with family in Hong Kong on Wednesday. A family member has indicated that Barbara was estranged from both of her brothers. Both. Why? And yet, she was preparing to go to Hong Kong to visit her brother who is very ill.

Could this impending trip have caused an argument? Was this something that triggered something physical?

In missing persons' cases we often see friends and family searching, running FB groups, spearheading PC's etc. etc. It just seems that there is only one person in her corner and that person is her husband, who has admitted that his lie detector test showed he was being deceptive.

Yikes.

This could be all very innocent but it sure doesn't feel that way.

I can't get past the fact that we are not hearing from neighbours, friends, associates, or anybody other than the husband. And we don't know when she was last seen by anyone other than her husband. And I also want to point out once again that LE is very tight lipped. Something is going on behind the scenes I am sure.

I do not have a good feeling about this at all.

MOO

She had a telephone conversation with family in Hong Kong on Wednesday. A family member has indicated that Barbara was estranged from both of her brothers. Both. Why? And yet, she was preparing to go to Hong Kong to visit her brother who is very ill.

Could this impending trip have caused an argument? Was this something that triggered something physical?

In missing persons' cases we often see friends and family searching, running FB groups, spearheading PC's etc. etc. It just seems that there is only one person in her corner and that person is her husband, who has admitted that his lie detector test showed he was being deceptive.

Yikes.

I can't get past the fact that we are not hearing from neighbours, friends, associates, or anybody other than the husband. And we don't know when she was last seen by anyone other than her husband. And I also want to point out once again that LE is very tight lipped. Something is going on behind the scenes I am sure.

MOO
I may have misunderstood, but I thought the visit to HK was to see her husband’s brother? I share your concerns. With every hour that passes, I am more concerned and have more questions.

I feel the need to defend the husband and the family for a moment. Many people are not savvy with on-line FB groups and the like. They also trust LE to investigate and call in the appropriate resources. They prefer to remain private. I honestly have a tremendous amount of respect for this approach, especially when other family and friends keep to the plan, let LE do their jobs and stay away from SM and the media in general. All my opinion.

I agree. Maybe he is a very controlling type who has gradually alienated her from any friends and family.

I have not read the whole thread but a lot of what I have read doesn't make sense or add up. This is a strange case for sure. I do fear for Barbara's safety.

MOO

I may have misunderstood, but I thought the visit to HK was to see her husband’s brother? I share your concerns. With every hour that passes, I am more concerned and have more questions.

No, it was her brother. @dbdb11 said in his first post that his father is Barb's brother and that it is his father that is quite sick in Hong Kong. He said he believes Rob's family is from Canada.

Dbdb11 was going to try to get the exact coordinates to post here.

Couldnt get through to them today... sheriffs dept also not offering anything.

I am confident that this is the location: 34.793536, -115.60984.
It looks like the command center is set up at the corner of Kelbaker and Hidden Hills Rd. Here are the coordinates 34.793536, -115.60984.

This map shows the route from Bullhead City. Google Maps

Edit to add: Yesterday when the search was going on, Google Traffic showed a partial road closure on Kelbaker Rd at Hidden Hill Rd.

Just a random speculation, if RT was going to be untruthful, wouldn’t he make up a more believable story? The fact that she disappeared in such a quick moment is really hard to believe, but I feel maybe that’s because it’s the truth?

I don’t really have a good sense either way on this one as to what I think happened, but I have seen others and myself question how she could disappear with no trace in such a quick moment so close to RT and thought I’d throw this out there.

I would think one would put more distance between them and a missing person if they were making up a story about it and there were no witnesses.

Just a random speculation, if RT was going to be untruthful, wouldn’t he make up a more believable story? The fact that she disappeared in such a quick moment is really hard to believe, but I feel maybe that’s because it’s the truth?

I don’t really have a good sense either way on this one as to what I think happened, but I have seen others and myself question how she could disappear with no trace in such a quick moment so close to RT and thought I’d throw this out there.

I would think one would put more distance between them and a missing person if they were making up a story about it and there were no witnesses.

That's why some people are asking the question as to where Barb was last seen by anyone other than RT. Perhaps she was never there. Just one theory.

Just watching the video of the husband talking on ABC News and I can't quite work out what vibe I get from him. He seems awfully calm and matter-of-fact about everything. I don't know but I would just expect a different vibe from someone whose wife has been missing for nearly a week now and you would expect him to be extremely worried about her. I honestly don't know what to think in this case. Maybe it's just the way he is but it seems a bit odd to me.

MOO

I was on board with the story until the second photo was released. She looks significantly older than in the photo wearing the clothes she went missing in (the black bikini and the red hat), and in that photo, she was gray-haired, not blond as reported. She's a pretty lady, but I don't see someone grabbing a gray-haired grandmother off of an isolated road and hauling her off to Vegas. Women are usually taken for trafficking, a sex crime, or simply a sociopath. None of those scenarios seem likely in this case in my opinion. I hope, for her family's sake, there is a resolution soon.

While she wasn't quite as old (59) and wasn't gray-haired, there were people saying the exact same thing as you during the recent search for Dr. Suzanne Eaton in Crete, and it turned out to be exactly that....a sociopath who just wanted to hurt a woman, any woman, and sexually abuse her (per his own confession).

Found Deceased - Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

I do agree that it would be extremely unlikely that it related to trafficking though. Hence why I found it odd that RT believes she is being held in Las Vegas. If anything, she would be held somewhere remote.

I am confident that this is the location: 34.793536, -115.60984.

Thanks for the location of the command post. That's very helpful and clears a lot up!

I would still like to know specifically where their camper was parked. It has to be fairly close to there, but I'd like to see the view from the exact spot where they were parked.

Was it ever said how far away from the camper they were when he lost sight of her when she rounded the bend?
Not in terms of distance, but as far as time, we have this:

Search continues for missing Bullhead City woman
Robert said they were almost back to the trailer when he stopped to take a picture while Barbara continued on.

Search continues for missing Bullhead City woman
He said when he arrived at the camper a few minutes later, there was no
of his wife; the camper was still locked.

Yikes.

MOO

to clarify the brothers are estranged. barb and my father have always been on great terms. my father and his brother have not. i am unsure of barbs relationship with her other brother.

there is something i just learned and i feel is relevant. nobody informed barbs son, and barb and her son, though living far apart, were not at all estranged. im stunned robbie or his fam would not have reached out to barbs son.

barbs son is from a much older relationship, no relationship to robbie. as i understand he learned about all this from the police, who found his number on her phone... i have not verified this.with her son and am trying to get hold of him.

agree with others about police silence. confused generally over here.

my sister was.present when robbie called my father, and heard the convo on speaker. ive asked her to write down what she remembers... will share shortly

edit: on cell phone again.... cant bother with punctuation etc on these tiny buttons. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321