CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be and dbdb11 says that wouldn't be unusual for her. Wonder why we didn't hear about it in the beginning. MOO
Seems like they're looking for a beer can and maybe keys. Like maybe she could have left a trail or something. Or even dropped them with a sudden surprise.
But if it were by the road or the trailer they would have already been found.

Since she was near a busy road coming back, I'm going with abduction.
How busy is that road?
What are the chances of just the right timing for an abductor to see an older woman walking alone and not be worried about passerby vehicles seeing something?
This just doesn't fit for me. At least not yet.

I live in this area and I'm also a avid camper and my family does lots of hunting through-out Arizona. I understand this is a common location for them but I find it odd to camp and or hike in this area this time of year. We camp up this way but it's always in November and during that time you can sleep comfy in the trailers with the windows open and wear shorts during the day. Once we camped at Needles Mountain rd. in July and it was the most miserable trip. The heat was awful so we now always head up north during the summer months. JMO

Depending on where they parked and how far they wanted to go, I'd say its within the realm of possibility. Is there a reason why we are looking at this? Just for a better idea?
Just to benchmark the "reasonableness" of the story- a 2 hr hike in 100 degree heat, maybe not, but a 2 mile hike (30 minutes) much more reasonable.

Each way, right?
Depends on how far into the hills they went. I guessed where I would walk to as a reference and it was about 1 mile each way but they could have walked much farther, no way to know for sure.

There were two obvious places to pull a camper over and I started there.

We could even be looking at the wrong side of the road. The report said in the Hidden Hills area, not specifically to Hidden hills

A hike in blistering heat. In a bikini. In one's late 60s. With one beer to drink. And then one disappears under the described circumstances. How does one rank each component's likelihood? How does one add them together and find them likely? Seriously. Am trying to understand where this woman has gone.

Each way, right?

Yeah, it's around 4 or 5 miles round trip, depending on start and end points we dont know. 30 minutes for a mile isnt unreasonable? Also it's not a rigid two hour timeline?. Is it? Do we have exact time? Could be more or less even.

Barbara Thomas was hiking with her husband in the Mojave Desert and they became separated. She has not been seen since.

Search underway for lost hiker in Mojave Desert

"Thomas does not have supplies or a cell phone, and she was last seen wearing a black bikini, red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks."

"She is a resident of Bullhead City, and she is 5 feet and 9 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes."
This is a first for me. I've never heard of anyone hiking in the desert wearing a bikini.

Seems like they're looking for a beer can and maybe keys. Like maybe she could have left a trail or something. Or even dropped them with a sudden surprise.
But if it were by the road or the trailer they would have already been found.
Apparently the key to the trailer was hidden under a rock and when RT found it there, he knew Barbara hadn't returned. I am wondering why the key was under the rock. It seems like if they were going on a hike together and planning to return together, that one of them would carry the key. I wonder if that was their normal practice? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill