CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see the graphic -- I just see a white space. Not sure whether anyone else has that problem...
No, nothing missing there , apologies.
Since we don't have a 'spoiler' or warning tag here.

I hit 'enter' a few times so no one would read that if they didn't want to.
Someone complained when I posted a graphic thought about the Harley Dilly case.
Although this IS a 'websleuthing' and true crime site..... :rolleyes:

Sorry. :oops:

It would seem like a person would nearly vanish , aside from their skull, if they're not wearing very much ?
(I've read too many true crime books.)
I haven’t heard nor read of it before. But I do wonder what was up with a feral pig pen.
I think it was a pig trap as part of a pig cull, likely.

I also discovered a serial killer who used that method and who was referenced in the Deadwood HBO series. Ugh yuck.

No, nothing missing there , apologies.
Since we don't have a 'spoiler' or warning tag here.

I hit 'enter' a few times so no one would read that if they didn't want to.
Someone complained when I posted a graphic thought about the Harley Dilly case.
Although this IS a 'websleuthing' and true crime site..... :rolleyes:

Oh. I thought you meant you'd posted a graphic, not that that you'd posted something graphic. Got it! :rolleyes:

Noting time and distance: 85 miles, 1 hour, 20 min. (roughly)

Google Maps
Thanks, Pommy!

Not beyond the realm of possibility distance-wise, but I never get my hopes up until the remains are identified.

May BT be found soon, wherever she is, and may whoever is responsible for her disappearance be brought to justice.

"What was your intended destination that day? How long a trip were the two of you originally intending to take?"

"What stops did you make along the way that day, and how long were you at those other locations?"

"How much time was there between when you last saw her to to when you placed the 911 call?"

"Did you contact any friends or family in the aftermath of her disappearance to ask if any of them had seen or heard from her? If not, why not?"

"Since her disappearance, what efforts have you personally made to find her, e.g., putting up missing posters, requesting private searches by drones, coordinating private searches, hiring a private detective, etc.?"

"How often have you contacted LE to ask about updates/progress in the case? What have they told you?"

***To be clear: I ain't holding my breath waiting for RT to answer to any of these questions, on account of, he's not going to answer these or any other questions. So there's that.
GK, you are the "bee's knees". (Using a '20s colloquialism in 2020, LOL).

These are great questions that merit answers, IMHO.

That is the most notorious pig involved case. That was the stuff of nightmares. IMO

OT: We had a case here in southern Oregon a few years ago of a woman who did that to a couple of male employees on her property. It was bizarre and horrific. I felt so sorry for the detective who “got” to investigate and testify at the trial where she feigned insanity. Truly the stuff of nightmares!

OT: We had a case here in southern Oregon a few years ago of a woman who did that to a couple of male employees on her property. It was bizarre and horrific. I felt so sorry for the detective who “got” to investigate and testify at the trial where she feigned insanity. Truly the stuff of nightmares!
Hmm. That sounds familiar to me, too. I think I heard about that. Didn’t she have a ranch and kept hiring men to work it but she was always in need of more employees because the other ones just kept on “leaving?”

Also, another new investigation is underway on remains found last week in Joshua Tree National Park:

"San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department deputies found human skeletal remains in Joshua Tree National Park last week, according to a release issued by SBCSD on Monday.

The remains, which have not been identified, were reported in a remote area of the park on January 16 at 11:11 a.m. A Morongo Basin deputy responded to the location and sent photographs of the remains to a Coroner's Bureau official, who confirmed that they were human.

Specialized Investigations Division detectives and Coroner Division investigators responded to the scene, and secured it for the night. On the 17th, the "partial skeletal remains" were retrieved thanks to a joint effort from Crime Scene Investigators, Homicide Detectives, Coroner Investigators, and the Sheriff's Aviation Unit..."

Human skeletal remains found in Joshua Tree National Park
Well it seems Joshua Tree is offering up remains more freely than when we were looking for Paul Miller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper