CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know if they had beer packed in ice with them. Even a beer in a travel mug or Koozie would be getting pretty warm by that amount of time, in that heat. Maybe a Yetti mug or similar would keep beer cooler that long.

I thought they took a "six pack" and 1 gal of water. I agree about yuck warm beer! Wonder if they had drank before they went on hike? Too many Unknowns.

This is what I remembered about the beer they brought on the hike.

After pulling alongside the road, Robert said the pair grabbed a pack of beer and some water for their trek as they set out to explore rock formations. As the pair headed back, he stopped to take a photo of one of the rock formations and his wife decided to continue ahead, rounding a corner and disappearing from sight.

Missing Hiker's Husband Says Police Are Eyeing Him As Suspect
MOO

If she had s cup/bottle in her hand and she had been snatched, then I’m pretty sure first thing she would do is drop the bottle in the floor in terror or panic

So was it found?

Pretty sure that would be potential evidence of abduction. They said they've found no evidence of abduction.

I'd like to know a connection between this very old unverified report to the missing person case that this thread is about.

robbie has been herbalife affiliate since i've known them. read the thread for more information. details are present. not being short. just have already explained and hate typing on cell

to the other guy
Because of a 34 year old allegation?

<modsnip - TOS violation>

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought they took a "six pack" and 1 gal of water. I agree about yuck warm beer! Wonder if they had drank before they went on hike? Too many Unknowns.

They were experienced hikers, correct? Why would they take beer for a hike in the desert? That’s an amateur mistake.

Beer is dehydrating as it acts a a diuretic in hot weather. Hikers would be more likely to take sports drinks with them, or just lots of water.

I’m an EMT and we have a lot of runs for people who drink beer in the heat. Not just hikers but even people sitting in the heat at a sporting event or concert.

And unless they carried a Yeti it would have been warm in no time.

Beer isn't going to be much, if anything, of a diuretic. From a recent study published in Nutrients:

The Diuretic Action of Weak and Strong Alcoholic Beverages in Elderly Men: A Randomized Diet-Controlled Crossover Trial

With ageing, there is a greater risk of dehydration. This study investigated the diuretic effect of alcoholic beverages varying in alcohol concentration in elderly men. Three alcoholic beverages (beer (AB), wine (AW), and spirits (S)) and their non-alcoholic counterparts (non-alcoholic beer (NAB), non-alcoholic wine (NAW), and water (W)) were tested in a diet-controlled randomized crossover trial.
In conclusion, only moderate amounts of stronger alcoholic beverages, such as wine and spirits, resulted in a short and small diuretic effect in elderly men.

If they know the area well I suppose he already had lots of pics of wherever he wanted to take a picture of.

They allegedly stopped because he wanted to make a picture of something, yet when she was on the way back to the trailer she was around a corner, so how could he have seen the spot he wanted to make a picture of while on the road I wonder.
I'm not understanding. Are you saying they pulled over because he wanted to take a picture of something?

BBM

Is that evidence, though?

How is a clean truck, clean camper, clean tires, evidence that RT is responsible for BT's disappearance?
I was making an observation, not an accusation. It could be he cleaned up a crime scene or it could mean he was stressed waiting for his wife to be found and was trying to stay busy and do something productive. I've never been to the desert but I expected it to be dusty.

Because of a 34 year old allegation?
youre on web sleuth man. sleuth something.

Thanks to Trisha and especially to dbdb11 valued verified insider on this case for coming on WS to talk to us.

I modified my previous post in such a way to see if you can comment on my narrative. I understand it was a crumb but would appreciate a response from you as to whether I’m off in the ‘weeds’ so to speak.

A Little Background
This is from a 2000 article in the LA Times after MH (HL founder) was found dead of what was ruled natural causes.

According to the affidavit you posted dbdb11 this would dovetail with the founding of HL.

MH, Dies at 44

In the mid-1980s, MH , who was 24 when he started his company, was sued by the Food and Drug Administration, the California attorney general’s office, and the state Department of Health
<snipped>​

I am just in a state of shock that over the last 30 something years ‘I have read of HL now sadly in 2019 it may be all tied ‘to the frightening mysterious affidavit’ you posted. :(

I can definitely understand the significance of the affidavit. It is a backdoor to all the inner workings and portal to MH formula that was so successful it vaulted his HL Kingdom to riches. MH died at 44 taking to the grave the secrets of his creation of the brand HL.

How the affidavit is related to the desperate search for Barbara is curious. But the fact the affidavit dated timeline dovetails to the founding date of HL are indisputable.

Thanks for taking time to give us a better idea of the frightening circumstances and desperate search for Barbara. This is an extremely difficult time for your family and I admire you for your courage and unselfishness to sit down and talk to us at W/S.

Last edited:
I was making an observation, not an accusation. It could be he cleaned up a crime scene or it could mean he was stressed waiting for his wife to be found and was trying to stay busy and do something productive. I've never been to the desert but I expected it to be dusty.

I just looked at the July 19 interview linked to earlier, and the trailer doesn't look like it would exactly pass inspection by a drill sergeant wearing a white glove. It's beige which means it's not going to show dust quite as easily as a dark car, and the windows clearly have dust/sand/etc. on them.

I haven't followed this case closely, so I missed the breadcrumbs. Since the VI is discussing the breadcrumbs, I don't understand why those who did not miss the breadcrumbs are dancing around the issue. Can someone please explain for those of us who have no idea what is going on?

I haven't followed this case closely, so I missed the breadcrumbs. Since the VI is discussing the breadcrumbs, I don't understand why those who did not miss the breadcrumbs are dancing around the issue. Can someone please explain for those of us who have no idea what is going on?
I get the impression that our VI suspects that there's a connection between BT's disappearance and the company RT works for. Due to TOS RT is considered a victim so VI probably is limited to how much he can share of his suspicions. JMO but I think VI wants us to help him sleuth that connection and fill in the dots.

As far as I know the breadcrumbs haven’t been discussed. I could have missed it though.

I get the impression that our VI suspects that there's a connection between BT's disappearance and the company RT works for. Due to TOS RT is considered a victim so VI probably is limited to how much he can share of his suspicions. JMO but I think VI wants us to help him sleuth that connection and fill in the dots.

I'm more interested in sleuthing the site that they've pointed to, considering the organizations backing them seem to be sketchy. The site is registered to someone out of Palo Alto, California, which is in the SF Bay area.

Comments from Friends? Neighbors?

New truck.
New camper
Day boat (is this a houseboat or lake boat)

I’m guessing her son is from a previous marriage, haven’t seen anything about any other children for Robert or Barbara.

I'm more interested in sleuthing the site that they've pointed to, considering the organizations backing them seem to be sketchy. The site is registered to someone out of Palo Alto, California, which is in the SF Bay area.

there was a financial fat cat selling herbalife short in a big loud way for a while. ackman? its off topic.

potential he financed dirty reports on herbalife in hopes theyd gain traction in the media. potential. i'd appreciate a second.opinion on the research and sources in the report. again... veering off topic here on a speculative angle, but ppl want some explanation why im hounding herbalife.

its sketch and has a shady bg, incredibly powerful for a company most posters dismissed as mere mlm when i first brought it up. its a stretch to make the connection unless youre hearing what i am hearing. it is relevant in my own opinion.

because they weren't much for realtors as i understand.

for the record, i've learned that security chief at herbalife is thirty years in law enforcement, including twentyvyears in fbi, five of those in elite crimes unit investigating headline serial killers and terrorists like unabomber.

im not pointing this out for no reason. whats the billion dollar supplement company doing with such veteran hired guns on payroll?

deep hole. too deep for me. we want barbara found. if you got time to spend here speculating about whays happening in this case you can help pursue relevant directions. we already talked through all scenarios involving health probs and wandering.thriugh desert. time to dig in a little further. two threads now. go through it. its all helpful. its not time to update newcomers. please look over information already provided. TOS etc... mainstream news have nothing new to source or mull over. law enforcement offering nothing. im offering something to follow up.

Please let's not.
I suppose that just as it is of limits to discuss private people here, it is also of limits to drag a company into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member