CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get what the big deal is about hiring a former law enforcement officer as head of security. Who else should they hire? Guy fresh out of college? All large companies have security.

there was a financial fat cat selling herbalife short in a big loud way for a while. ackman? its off topic.

potential he financed dirty reports on herbalife in hopes theyd gain traction in the media. potential. i'd appreciate a second.opinion on the research and sources in the report. again... veering off topic here on a speculative angle, but ppl want some explanation why im hounding herbalife.

its sketch and has a shady bg, incredibly powerful for a company most posters dismissed as mere mlm when i first brought it up. its a stretch to make the connection unless youre hearing what i am hearing. it is relevant in my own opinion.

because they weren't much for realtors as i understand.

for the record, i've learned that security chief at herbalife is thirty years in law enforcement, including twentyvyears in fbi, five of those in elite crimes unit investigating headline serial killers and terrorists like unabomber.

im not pointing this out for no reason. whats the billion dollar supplement company doing with such veteran hired guns on payroll?

deep hole. too deep for me. we want barbara found. if you got time to spend here speculating about whays happening in this case you can help pursue relevant directions. we already talked through all scenarios involving health probs and wandering.thriugh desert. time to dig in a little further. two threads now. go through it. its all helpful. its not time to update newcomers. please look over information already provided. TOS etc... mainstream news have nothing new to source or mull over. law enforcement offering nothing. im offering something to follow up.
Do you think BT was abducted? If it was a Herbalife connection, what do you think the motive is?

I don't get what the big deal is about hiring a former law enforcement officer as head of security. Who else should they hire? Guy fresh out of college?l All large companies have security.

I'm with you. You protect your assets according to their value, and according to your threat model.

I don't get what the big deal is about hiring a former law enforcement officer as head of security. Who else should they hire? Guy fresh out of college?l All large companies have security.

Yes, and the big companies want experienced former LE, FBI and Secret Service in addition to years of experience with budgets, emergency operations, large stadium/venue security measures etc etc.

Regarding the link with tip given regarding the Herbalife and drug smuggle info by the employee in1985- but it’s 2019!
Allllll these years they had the chance to retaliate etc. if that were the case.
Is anyone picking up what I’m putting down?
praying for answers soon...

I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

More importantly, neither is my main man, William of Occam.

With respect, there are no known facts right now to support the theory that BT's disappearance is r/t any employer.

For me and William, trying to make that leap is a bridge too far.

We both think there are several simpler, more likely, explanations.

As always and ever, the above is:

JMO.

Last edited:
Some facts about Barbara from Ancestry.com.
Born: Barbara Wrenne Bullen on 11 Jun 1950 in Dallas, Texas
Married RS 17 Dec 1973 Lawrence, Miami, Indiana, USA
Separated from RS June 1976, divorce finalized July 1977 in Stamford, CT. They had 1 child.
RS died in San Diego, CA in July 1983. He was 40 years old. He had been married 3 times. In one divorce, cruelty was listed as the reason.

Barbara lived in southern California in the early 1990’s:
1353 Caminito F, San Diego, CA, 92126 (1996)
San Diego, CA (1994)
3550 Ruffin Rd Unit 251, San Diego, CA, (1991)
6100 Edinger Ave Apt 224, Huntington Beach, CA, (date unknown)
1353 Cmnito Gabaldn F, San Diego, CA, 92108 (1990)

Date unknown: 1835 Oakdale Rd SE, Cairo, GA, 39828-3583

Address, date unknown: 2369 Amana Dr, Henderson, NV, 89044-1553
Also lived in Boulder City NV.

(I alerted on this post to make sure this info is ok to post)

I haven't followed this case closely, so I missed the breadcrumbs. Since the VI is discussing the breadcrumbs, I don't understand why those who did not miss the breadcrumbs are dancing around the issue. Can someone please explain for those of us who have no idea what is going on?

I get the impression that our VI suspects that there's a connection between BT's disappearance and the company RT works for. Due to TOS RT is considered a victim so VI probably is limited to how much he can share of his suspicions. JMO but I think VI wants us to help him sleuth that connection and fill in the dots.

I believe the breadcrumbs that have been mentioned are related to FB posts. Which we cannot discuss here. Hence the vagueness of it.

"I will not press charges, no questions asked, just drop her of"

These, are Robert's words. He does not seem to even consider Barbara wanting to press charges or having questions after being kidnapped and being held against her will.

The police could have searched the RV and truck and then released them to RT at a later time. JMO

LE would have to have a warrant in order to search vehicle and trailer. Warrant is obtained even if individual gives ‘permission’ for search in order to protect integrity and admissibility of evidence.

Last edited:

These, are Robert's words. He does not seem to even consider Barbara wanting to press charges or having questions after being kidnapped and being held against her will.
If I thought someone had abducted my loved one, I'd probably say whatever I thought would get the abductor to release them and let LE deal with them once my loved one was safe.

LE would have to have a warrant in order to search vehicles. Warrant is obtained even if individual gives ‘permission’ for search in order to protect integrity and admissibility of evidence.
I think it's pretty common for LE to do a cursory search with the owner's permission, and if something raises a red flag they would then get a search warrant for a more detailed search.

We as humans speak words and thoughts from internal frame of references. My question is what would his frame of reference be for that statement?

Good point. “I will not press charges” vs “We won’t press charges,” as though she is not in the picture/does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams