CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone think of a case where a POI admitted to the press that LE said he was being deceptive in the polygraph and he later turned out to have murdered the missing person? I can only think of cases where an innocent POI admitted LE told them that and later someone else was arrested and convicted. If he had harmed her, he wouldn't want to admit to the public that police told him he was deceptive in the polygraph. MOO.

McStay case. Chase Merritt volunteered early on that he'd taken a poly and that LE had told him something along the lines of the above -it showed him being deceptive. He was just convicted of murder of that family of four.

In case our VI missed these posts yesterday, the Herbalife history has been sleuthed and mentioned, in response to his posts. There have certainly been some problems with the company, but connecting any of this to Barbara’s disappearance is pretty much impossible for Websleuths to discuss within TOS or to accomplish individually as volunteers. If family truly believes that there is a connection via RT, hiring a PI to follow the breadcrumbs is their best course of action IMO.

There is a very detailed, documented and heavily footnoted piece put together by plainsite dot org regarding some Herbalife distributors’ involvement with cocaine and money laundering internationally. Since it’s not MSM I won’t link it. It looks legitimate, but I think it’s a huge reach and a deep rabbit hole to connect Barbara’s disappearance with this issue.
BBM

BBM

Ohhhh, I think they would.

If LE suspected foul play, they'd really want to recover her body.

That way, they could hopefully gather evidence at the scene, determine cod and build a stronger case against the murderer.

LE may very well believe BT is there in that desert.

LE may also suspect she's met with foul play.

Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive, especially considering the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, i.e., isolated, remote location with 1 other person present...that person being her spouse.

Regardless of whether she got lost, had an accident, suffered a medical event, met with foul play, etc.....Whatever the reason for her being missing, IF she's in that desert, the overwhelming likelihood at this point is that she's dead.

If LE doesn't find her, though, it's going to be difficult to prove that she's deceased, much less the reason why.
LE knows that.
Hence the ongoing search efforts.

Kudos to them for continuing to search so tenaciously and determinedly in such brutal conditions.

JMO.
Perhaps I should have clarified which type of foul play I was referring to. LE must not think she was abducted in order to have that much manpower out in the desert all this time looking for her.

As far as if RT is responsible for her disappearance. It would be pretty stupid of him to dispose of her body and then invite LE to the exact area to search. If RT did something to BT I think it happened somewhere else and the whole out hiking, lost sight of her story is a red herring.

JMO

Well my goodness just looking into the history of Herbalife I have gone down quite a rabbit hole! I can’t post links to non msm sources obviously but if you just look into the company and drug trafficking you will find a lot of info. I think this is what our VI wants and I respect that he has his reasons!
I think he’s linking that 1980’s affidavit because that’s what initially set off investigations (many that have been shut down) but all of this continues today. I found one interesting tidbit about a seizure of hundreds of kilos of cocaine packaged in Herbalife boxes in Nevada.
I don’t have much time right now, but there’s LOTS to sleuth (although not sure of specific TOS with a company...)
It may have nothing to do with Barbara’s disappearance, but I don’t think the VI’s suspicions should be disregarded. It could have everything to do with it. JMO!

A good start would be to check where the recently acquired new Truck and RV came from.

In case our VI missed these posts yesterday, the Herbalife history has been sleuthed and mentioned, in response to his posts. There have certainly been some problems with the company, but connecting any of this to Barbara’s disappearance is pretty much impossible for Websleuths to discuss within TOS or to accomplish individually as volunteers. If family truly believes that there is a connection via RT, hiring a PI to follow the breadcrumbs is their best course of action IMO.

BBM

BBM
You’re right. If this did go beyond an accident or something personal, it may beyond what WS can sleuth.

Was just going to ask, have they found any evidence she was even there?
Not that I'm expecting LE to reveal everything they know but I'm very curious. So many searchers and resources used my guess is they must have found something.

I’m wondering if they’re just doing due diligence by searching, in case this ever goes to court.

I’d like to know her last known location based on surveillance video.

This is from yesterday but I don't remember seeing these photos.

West Valley SAR on Twitter
Day 8 search for missing 69 year old Barbara Thomas, Saturday, July 20. Dozens of Search & Rescue volunteers from San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department continued the search today. Search K9s, Helicopter, side-by-side OHV and ground teams scoured the desert in the Mojave.
D_-1mZBUwAEZjVl.jpg
D_-1mZNUcAAqJcz.jpg
D_-1mZGU8AkwFR_.jpg
D_-1mZJU0AE1VTL.jpg

12:16 AM - 21 Jul 2019

I love that the search and rescue dogs have shoes on to protect their feet. :cool::p

Latest update

July 21st - The search for Barbara Thomas, age 69, is continuing in the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle
UPDATE #9
Sunday, July 21st, the search continued today for Barbara Thomas.
Search and Rescue members from throughout the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department were deployed into the field this morning just after sunrise. K9 units, members certified in cave searches, rope climbing and desert terrain ground searchers were utilized today.

The search has been suspended for the day due to extreme temperatures. No evidence of Barbara was located today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe