CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been kind of wondering - when they say there's no evidence of Barbara located in the desert, does that mean NONE whatsoever? Were there footprints or things in the trailer that she had been there but there's no evidence elsewhere in the desert? Or did they mean no evidence ANYWHERE? That would certainly call into question if she was ever really there. Sorry for the weirdly worded question, PM :)

JMO

The keywords I can't help but notice are no evidence. Of course I may be taking that too literal in the sense but it stands out to me. MOO

Please know I mean no disrespect to the darling search dogs- bless their little canine hearts. However, I have seen cases on here and elsewhere where they completely missed the victim, and there was definitely enough scent to pick them up. Perfect example is the Blaze Bernstein case- the dogs went over the area where he was killed and buried several times, and they didn't react.

Just like lie detector tests, dogs are a tools used in an investigation, but it doesn't mean that they are 100% accurate.
On the other hand, search dogs found what little was left of Charli Scott - small body parts - in the middle of a thick rainforest near a bay in Maui. Trailing dogs indicated that Laci Peterson left her Modesto, CA home in a vehicle, not on foot. In both of these cases, the dogs were spot on. They do amazing work. When I am less busy, I will Google to see what their success rate is.

I don't know him either.
It was a rhetorical question. :p
Very few people these days who do not have their own phone.
Seems odd to me.
Where do you carry a phone when you are wearing a bikini and holding a drink? ;) I'd love to know the state of their finances. They have a new truck/rv... they day boat.... is their home nice? is everything mortgaged? does just one of them control the finances or do they both? could one of them been hiding something from the other? What I think is odd too is that no friends have posted here. We have some family members, but no one that knows them socially? Do they do everything together and alone?

I have been kind of wondering - when they say there's no evidence of Barbara located in the desert, does that mean NONE whatsoever? Were there footprints or things in the trailer that she had been there but there's no evidence elsewhere in the desert? Or did they mean no evidence ANYWHERE? That would certainly call into question if she was ever really there. Sorry for the weirdly worded question, PM :)

JMO
I'm taking LE at their literal word here when they say they have found no trace of her out in that location.

My man William of Occam would say the likeliest explanation for there being no trace of her there is that she was in fact never there.

Hard to argue with my man Will's logic.

JMO.

JMO
Zero, zilch, nada, in the physical search of the desert. Something I'm keeping in the back of my head is that they suspended search activity on Sunday due to "extreme temperatures." However, when I looked at the historical temps there, it was actually several degrees cooler on Sunday.

We knew they couldn't stay out there forever but I just have to wonder...did they get GPS data from the truck back? Were they searching in the wrong area to begin with? MOO

BBM

It depends on when the license photo was taken. She could have changed a lot. I don’t know how often AZ retakes drivers license photos, but in Oregon it’s every 8 years. By the time I got my most recent photo taken in 2016 (age 70), I looked a lot different than I had looked in 2008 (age 62...thinner and different hairstyle back then) and I expect my photo when I renew in 2024 (age 78) will show even more changes. So Barbara’s current license photo might have been useless.
My license photo is from 1995! I really do need to update that.

I'm thinking BT had that photo handy on his phone, which is why it was released - it was quicker than searching DMV photos.

jmo

I'm taking LE at their literal word here when they say they have found no trace of her out in that location.

My man William of Occam would say the likeliest explanation for there being no trace of her there is that she was in fact never there.

Hard to argue with my man Will's logic.

JMO.

MOO. That's how I read it too, but wanted to check and make sure I wasn't crazy.
I would never argue with Willy after he released his hit album "Willennium"

IMO LE has been investigating behind the scenes the entire time they have been doing the physical search. They have now exhausted the search without finding any evidence whatsoever and the internal investigation continues.

I'm actually surprised SAR had continued as long as they did without finding any evidence to go on. At lease any evidence that has been shared with the public. Bless them for working as hard as they have in the weather conditions they were in. MOO

ETA: Sorry @PommyMommy was trying to quote your post :-/

The keywords I can't help but notice are no evidence. Of course I may be taking that too literal in the sense but it stands out to me. MOO

Interesting. ^^^

Weren't there clothes, makeup, other toiletries of hers in the camper ????

Stuff in the car that belonged to her ?

Some women take an arsenal of everything with them on trips, including but not limited to : Extra shoes, changes of clothes, sunscreen, water cooler bottles (like a green Yeti drink bottle),makeup, feminine hygiene supplies, small portable fan with a 'mist-er', etc.

This is really going to raise up my hinky meter if nothing was found that belonged to her !

IMO LE has been investigating behind the scenes the entire time they have been doing the physical search. They have now exhausted the search without finding any evidence whatsoever and the internal investigation continues.

I'm actually surprised SAR had continued as long as they did without finding any evidence to go on. At lease any evidence that has been shared with the public. Bless them for working as hard as they have in the weather conditions they were in. MOO

ETA: Sorry @PommyMommy was trying to quote your post :-/
A+ :)

My understanding was that they did have water, but that the water was in the possession of the husband so it wouldn't have been accessible to BT after their separation. MOO
It appears that the water and phone were in the possession of the husband. He is most likely the one who hid the key under a rock as well. Hopefully, she knew where to find the key. JMO but I'm beginning to think that all was not good with this couple and that maybe they were having a disagreement and she decided to flag down the next car and hightail it out of there. That is the good case scenario. My other thought is that she was not there at this location where he says that she is missing. JMO

In my experience with SAR (in a totally different part of the country, so take this with a grain of salt), they only make official announcements of hard evidence - like a piece of clothing KNOWN to belong to missing person.

If a tracker saw bootprints that the SAR tracker members believed belong to missing person, that news would likely stay within the incident command. If a dog alerted, but lost a scent, that news would stay in the team. And SAR teams are professional enough to not share publicly that type of information. This is all MOO and in my experience.

I salute this group for keeping it at for so long despite the unfavorable conditions and hope we eventually get answers in this puzzling case.

Interesting. ^^^

Some women take an arsenal of everything with them on trips, including but not limited to : Extra shoes, changes of clothes, sunscreen, water cooler bottles (like a green Yeti drink bottle),makeup, feminine hygiene supplies, small portable fan with a 'mist-er', etc.

This is really going to raise up my hinky meter if nothing was found that belonged to her !

I believe when they state "no evidence" they are referring to any evidence that would lead to the location of Barbara in the search area. MOO

Interesting. ^^^

Great questions! But Lord help me, I don’t want to be needing feminine hygiene supplies at age 69. MOO

SAR would not have searched the truck or trailer (which were back at their house for most of this search). They'd need a warrant to search the truck and trailer and LE would do this (not SAR). LE and SAR together found no physical evidence of her in the area where she disappeared.

But maybe they did get a peek inside the truck at some point? Maybe RT let them look?

Even if her belongings are found inside the vehicle and RV, that's not proof that she was out at Kelbaker Road. This is a really strange and concerning case.

Interesting. ^^^

JMO, but I couldn't agree with you more.

Interesting. ^^^

I always kept my RV fully stocked with clothing and essentials that stayed in the RV. Bath products, makeup, extra shoes and anything I needed so that I would not have to pack and unpack everything I needed every time I went on the road.

These are the best photos the police dept could obtain of the missing person? Three people in one of the photos, and two in the other...
I wonder if her husband provided those pictures.
Do you know if Barbara has a driver's license?

If you feel comfortable answering any questions, is there anything you can tell us about Barbara and her relationship with her husband?
Is she very independent or are they the type of couple who does everything together and never spends a night apart?

She seems very free spirited and I know she was planning on travelling alone to see her brother, but is that something she would normally do alone?
They seem to have the same interests and maybe that's what attracted them to each other.
We really don't know anything about them so I wondered if you knew anything (or from what other family members have told you) about what their marriage is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe