CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Us being told she had no cell phone is really bothering me.
If she made a trip to Hong Kong a couple of months ago alone, without Robbie, did she not talk to him while she was there? Did she borrow others phones? Did she use the phone in her room, if she stayed in a hotel? How would she communicate with anyone while she was there?
Someone help me out here.
Email?

If she made a trip to Hong Kong a couple of months ago alone, without Robbie, did she not talk to him while she was there? Did she borrow others phones? Did she use the phone in her room, if she stayed in a hotel? How would she communicate with anyone while she was there?

You can rent cell phones. Or buy cheap phones and inexpensive SIM cards at the airport.

Mainland China hotels also have phones - last place I stayed at had three phones in the room, including one next to the toilet.

Computer or Ipad? MOO

You can rent cell phones. Or buy cheap phones and inexpensive SIM cards at the airport.

Mainland China hotels also have phones - last place I stayed at had three phones in the room, including one next to the toilet.
So are you thinking that is what she did when she went there?

Just curious, what have you seen that strikes to you as her being an independent lady?

Good question.
The more we find out about her-- I'm starting to think her husband kept a tight leash on her.
Some mentioned in the previous thread that she ran her own business. But that was debunked.
Then there's the fact that she doesn't have her own phone.

I forgot about her traveling to HongKong to see her brother and lit seems she traveled elsewhere.

So is it possible she arranged to have someone pick her up at the time she 'vanished' ?

Even w/o a phone, she could have prearranged something.
Or, did she have a burner phone that her husband knew nothing about ?

Last edited:
So are you thinking that is what she did when she went there?

I have no idea.

She also may not have even needed her own phone. You (in her case - her family) can hire drivers to pick someone at the airport and drive them to the destination of your choice; it's very cheap, at least on the mainland. There are cabs everywhere, and while their English may not be good, if you have an address written down (especially in Chinese) getting around isn't hard.

Just throwing around possibilities.

California police say missing hiker who vanished 'in her bikini' was NOT abducted | Daily Mail Online
'We don't think she was abducted. It's a very remote area. There's no evidence to suggest she was abducted,' spokeswoman Jodi Miller told DailyMail.com.

Thanks, PM.
For LE to say she was NOT abducted tells me they think she could've perished after being lost in the elements ?

But there must be other sources as well ?
I was thinking if she was taken ... it was something like the Sherry Arnold case ?

Media Interviews, Editing
Ok. I can see your point: days after he’s not thinking any more she got lost, fell ill or disoriented. But if he’s thinking clearly enough for an interview, maybe I’d believe him if he’d have started out by saying I thought she had gotten lost, fell ill in the heat. But skipping all that right to abduction?....
^sbm bbm^ Just jumping off your post and not disagreeing w the part I snipped, but ----

In ^ interview, is it possible, RT did not skip right to abduction? IDK, maybe?
Sometimes interviewees statements are cut to focus on a better soundbite, catchier phrase, and w other interviews simply for lack of broadcast time or space/column inches. In watching/reading, I often wonder what reporter may have edited out.

California police say missing hiker who vanished 'in her bikini' was NOT abducted | Daily Mail Online
'We don't think she was abducted. It's a very remote area. There's no evidence to suggest she was abducted,' spokeswoman Jodi Miller told DailyMail.com.

That’s responsible phrasing on LE’s part. Unfortunately, there’s no evidence to suggest that anything happened. (I exaggerate only slightly.)

Afterthought: I mean evidence that we have. I feel quite confident that LE has much more evidence than we know of.

I have no idea.

She also may not have even needed her own phone. You (in her case - her family) can hire drivers to pick someone at the airport and drive them to the destination of your choice; it's very cheap, at least on the mainland. There are cabs everywhere, and while their English may not be good, if you have an address written down (especially in Chinese) getting around isn't hard.

Just throwing around possibilities.

Who runs around today without a cell phone? Older folks may not use a computer, notebook, latest tech gizmo, but a PHONE? Especially bc she’s not a home body from all appearances. Travels all over the place. She may not text. Not use internet on phone. But to talk? Come on.
Maybe verified family member could help out here, if they know.

Then why not just a cell phone?
There could be many reasons she didn't have/want/use a cell phone. Some people of advanced age don't want to learn the technology. Some have a hard time reading the small print or typing on the small keyboard. Other don't want the added expense when on a fixed income. She may have felt she could easily use the hotels guest computers to stay in touch with family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K