CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People. The statistics.
Husband alone with wife.
Wife disappears.
Weeks pass. No sign of wife.
I do not think that beautiful Barbara is alive. Heck, I don't think she was alive before the 911 call to report her "missing".
As always, many hearts will be broken when if, we learn the truth.
I'm sorry Barbara. You were a beautiful butterfly.
Of course, my opinion. Sigh.

People. The statistics.
Husband alone with wife.
Wife disappears.
I do not think that beautiful Barbara is alive. Heck, I don't think she was alive before the 911 call to report her "missing".
I don't judge people by using statistics.

I may jump off the fence on this one if some kind of evidence emerges that shows the husband actually did harm Barbara. JMO

People. The statistics.
Husband alone with wife.
Wife disappears.

Agreed. The statistics paint a dire picture, but the circumstances here are even more compelling than that.

I see no plausible way she got lost, nor do I believe that any third party abducted her.

Those appear to be far more unlikely than the other alternative.

I know which way I’m looking.

Agreed. The statistics paint a dire picture, but the circumstances here are even more compelling than that.

I see no plausible way she got lost, nor do I believe that any third party abducted her.

Those appear to be far more unlikely than the other alternative.

I know which way I’m looking.
ITA.
I see an arrest coming soon.

Hopefully someone along the route spotted something suspicious and or the camper in a location not mentioned to LE or cameras along the way recorded the trip and or side trip and can solve this soon.
That's become nearly my only hope, and why it is/was imperative to keep Barbara in the public eye and get flyers put out. Regardless of what exactly happened to her, I felt time was of the essence and it's agonizing just over a month has gone by :(

Interesting "CLOTHING" description:

bbm

Barbara Thomas

"Black bra and underwear"? Why not "Black bikini and underwear"?

Is that why we aren't seeing a photograph(s) from that day?

Is that why RT emphasized "bikini" and "beer" in his abduction scenario?

ETA:
Also, "white hat" ......... not "red cap".
HAIR: "Blonde"? .........not so much, unless "grey" is only her head hair.

The only thing I could think of is that missing person information is added to the database immediately at the time the report is received by LE, why else would there be such discrepancies... unless the reporting party relayed the exact information we're reading?

Why not update it?

It always was a White and Red cap if you look at the photo.

Attachments

• white red.png
    white red.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 34
I do not believe BT got lost in the desert. The vehicles were not so far away from the rock formations that would prohibit someone from seeing/locating them on a walk-back. If you walk in the wrong direction for a few minutes you realize you're direction is wrong because you're not seeing the vehicles up ahead. Also, there is a trail/dirt road that leads directly to where the vehicles were parked. That, and after extensive searching by LE/SAR, I dismiss the 'got lost' possibility.

BT may have 'disappeared' on purpose. Angry? Punish RT for whatever reason(s)? Someone would had to have assisted BT in such an endeavor; it isn't likely she or someone else would have hidden a vehicle in that area of the desert or BT had someone pick her up at a designated time at that location. Why wait for a desert hike trip? I dismiss the 'disappeared on purpose' possibility.

Abduction. I struggle with this. The mother of all coincidences? That's one darned fortunate abductor(s). <modsnip: if you can't post it, don't mention it>

Unless conscience begs, there might not be justice and resolution in this case.

When one is clear headed and not suffering from dehydration and the effects, this would be logical. They had done this hundreds if not thousands of times previously. It was their thing.

When one is not thinking clearly out in the desert things go south very quickly.

Keyless entry is an option. Not all Ford's come equipped with it.

Plus you have to know the code. If they bought the truck used they may not have it or have not taken it to the dealer to have it reset. JMO
I am pretty sure it was stated that he bought it from the dealership. They would give the customer the code.
And I looked up the standard equipment on the new Ford Dually---they all come with keyless entry.

What does that mean?--- 'summary' dispatch logs

It tells you in the description.

MISPER=Missing Person
NAT=Necessary Action Taken

It is a summary. If it included the 911 call it should state 911 in it.

ETA: If you go to the link, at the top when you select Colorado River it states Media Summary Dispatch Logs.

My mom accidentally locked the keys in the trunk of her Ford Taurus. She was in a panic until I remembered that my late father had programed her keyless entry to use her birthday.

I was able to open her door and hit the trunk release button and she got her keys.

She didn't remember the code was her birthday. Probably because she never uses the keyless entry feature.

My Ford mechanic friend told me that almost every customer he knows uses a birthday as their code. He resets codes for his clients and they usually pick a birthday---a child's or a spouses, or an anniversary. lol

The older one gets, the more things one 'forgets'. Newer vehicles, out in the desert, temperatures soaring above 'typical', maybe they did not want to chance their getting back in to their vehicle(s) by relying on remembering a code. A key is a guarantee.
Sure that makes sense. Which is why I use my birthday. I will never forget that code. I used my son's birthday in my last car. Again, pretty unforgettable. ;)

MISPER=Missing Person

ETA: If you go to the link, at the top when you select Colorado River it states Media Summary Dispatch Logs.

It says:
Dispatch Call Logs

I
sn't that^^ the same as 911 calls? = Dispatch calls?

-It gives the Date/Time of THE CALL,
-the Agency, which was San Bernardino Sheriff,
-the call number, which I am pretty sure is the 911 call number,
-the call type [number codes]
- and the location the officers were dispatched to

It says:
Dispatch Call Logs

I
sn't that^^ the same as 911 calls? = Dispatch calls?

-It gives the Date/Time of THE CALL,
-the Agency, which was San Bernardino Sheriff,
-the call number, which I am pretty sure is the 911 call number,
-the call type [number codes]
- and the location the officers were dispatched to

Please see attached.

Note The Media Summary at the top.

Attachments

• Media.png
    Media.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 41
Please see attached.

Ok, so you are saying these are not referring to 911 calls? What kind of calls are they referring to?

Also, the report that Pommy screenshot, said it was the DISPATCH CALL LOG

The one you are showing says MEDIA SUMMARY----

So those seem to be two different things.

Following up on Katydid’s questioning about why you are making a distinction between the Dispatch Call Log and the Media Summary. They seem to be talking about the same information.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed due to no link>

No, they received the call at 3:26 p.m.

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

BBM

These are the Media SUMMARY Dispatch Logs.

MISPER=Missing Person

Please see attached.

Where you link to the page, at the top of the page it says Dispatch Call Log. Further down where your screen shot is it says Media Summary. I would assume this is a summary of Dispatch Call Logs for the Media to use, showing when calls came in and what they were about. I don’t think they are different information from the Dispatch Call Log, since Dispatch Call Log is the title for the whole page with Media Summary just a title for the chart.

What are they if they are not the Dispatch Log (911) prepared for the media to know when the 911 call came in and what it was about. We know it’s not the exact words used in the call. Am I confused or are we talking about the same thing using a different language. :confused::)

Last edited:
-respectfully snipped by me-

The kennel said BT seemed 'angry & aggravated' - and that was not normal

How often did BT visit the kennel, in order for them to be in the know of what her usual self was, and what not?
Daily, weekly or maybe once or twice a year?

Does the kennel have just one person working, that happened to be in touch wit BT during all her other visits to the kennel, or do they have a staff of people, all knowing BT and her usual self behavior?

BTW, if someone is not friendly as usual, because in a hurry, if someone is aggravated because of having forgotten something, or whatever, they are NOT not being their usual selves, since being annoyed, sad, aggravated, angry all is part of how we at times feel.

Still, it cannot be relyed upon what a kennel worker concludes in 5 minutes about a person who is not part of her daily life. Perhaps the kennel worker wasn't her usual self that morning, and would have something unfriendly to say about every customer who came by that specific morning.

It is also know that people sometimes ask a question in such a way, in order to get the answer they subconsciously are aiming for, and the person asked the question complying.

As in:
Did BT seem like her usual self?
Answer: yes

Would you not say that BT in the hours before she disappeared did not seem like her usual self?
Answer: yes

Since BT left in 5 min, did she seem to be in a hurry?
Answer: Yes.

Since BT left in 5 min not talking much with the staff, would you say she seemed aggravated?
Answer: Yes

IOW, this is no factual information, but question and answer, involving an outsider who cannot be considered someone in a position to state what BTs usual self was, and who may not have been her usual self unbeknownst to the person asking the question because he/she never frequents the kennel nor knows the staff personally. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj