CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
never said new.
the sentence said.....secretly newly re-established.
what link would you like?
her son has put this info out there.

I never said barb spoke to her son on speaker phone. please don't add things to my posts that are not correct.
I said barb has speaker phone conversations only. (from VI)
I must have missed this too. I don't recall his interview saying much really, and i dont recall him saying that they communicated by email or that the relationship was secret. Could you point me to the thread so that I can get upto speed please?

What you do is need to search with more specifics. When a 69-70 year old woman goes missing/is murdered, what are the stats?

I bet the perp is far more likely to be older than the general stats say. They are, at least, in California.

Arizona is interesting, then, because women are more likely to be murdered by people they know, in other places.

The Scope of the Problem: Intimate Partner Homicide Statistics

While intimate partner homicides are only 1/5th of the total, it is still the main cause. The Arizona stats don't break down:

Other domestic violence (cf the minor league baseball player's BiL slaughtering his whole family this week) including parent child and sibling

Work acquaintances

Friends

Negligent homicide (drunk driving and other)

Provision of drugs (felony drug sales/provision resulting in death - pretty big, too)

Professional misadventure (real estate client, medical relationship)

Anyway, of all the reasons women are killed, homicide by a domestic partner still leads the pack in the rest of the United States (and if Arizona statistics are viewed through the lens of the FBI or the CDC, I think it's true there too).

Also, there are a significant number of unsolved homicides. Very very significant number.
Look at the link; stats on women Barb’s age being a victim of violent crime are minuscule; According to the FBI stats at least.
The stats do not support a theory that this was foul play.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Jmo but would it have been possible for a another to drive barb way out into the desert and just leave her there :( then if she’s found in her bikini miles away deceased from exposure, there would be no evidence of a crime having been committed. The only thing would be tyre tracks would surely be visible and lead LE right to the spot so maybe that theory is a bit far out.
Imo it is very interesting that the whole search was focused on the desert when we don’t actually have concrete proof she was ever there that day.

Last edited:
Jmo but would it have been possible for a another to drive barb way out into the desert and just leave her there :( then if she’s found in her bikini miles away deceased from exposure, there would be no evidence of a crime having been committed. The only thing would be tyre tracks would surely be visible and lead LE right to the spot so maybe that theory is a bit far out.
Imo it is very interesting that the whole search was focused on the desert when we don’t actually have concrete proof she was ever there that day.
this ^^^ i am thinking too :(

this ^^^ i am thinking too :(

I’ve thought this for a while but didn’t know how to word it in a way that is within TOS and doesn’t upset family members. Imo it would be the ‘perfect crime’ because there would be no evidence of trauma and it would be listed as misadventure. That theory hurts my heart more than any of the others but I think if someone wanted Barbara gone then this way would be the simplest for the perp. Barb is a slim woman and does look a bit poorly in some photos, if she was walked to the point of exhaustion then abandoned it is possible she wouldn’t survive very long in the heat without food, water or shelter. I do hope this isn’t the case though.

Well, that area is quite large with numerous sight-seeing locations.

If you consider that she might have walked off on her own, perhaps after an argument or tiff, with no immediate intention of going back to the RV, then getting lost seems more plausible.
But where was she planning to go, with no phone, no cash, no water or food, and no vehicle?
I said no immediate intention of going back to the vehicle. I'm just talking about going off to be on her own for a bit, not leaving altogether.

And even if she did, how the hell didn’t they find her?
Perhaps she wasn't in the search area. Although it may have just been bad luck that she was missed, we can't rule that out.

It’s the circumstances too.

There is no clear evidence of foul play, and it’s totally plausible that she is simply another unfortunate soul who got lost in the desert.

I don’t believe that, but plenty of people probably do.

Until better, more concise information is released I'm at 70% suspicious circumstances and 30% she got lost.

I’ve thought this for a while but didn’t know how to word it in a way that is within TOS and doesn’t upset family members. Imo it would be the ‘perfect crime’ because there would be no evidence of trauma and it would be listed as misadventure. That theory hurts my heart more than any of the others but I think if someone wanted Barbara gone then this way would be the simplest for the perp. Barb is a slim woman and does look a bit poorly in some photos, if she was walked to the point of exhaustion then abandoned it is possible she wouldn’t survive very long in the heat without food, water or shelter. I do hope this isn’t the case though.

RBBM
The abandonment approach would be simplest for a perp, whoever that may have been. Of course, if the victim were to survive long enough for SAR to save them, could the perp face charges?

I guess the perp would need to ensure that LE didn’t arrive too soon — possibly by pretending to search on their own as a delay?

Also, unfortunately for BT in this case, LE were several hours away. Is it common knowledge that it would take hours for assistance to arrive? If not, who would have known — or could there be an electronic trace of a perp researching this?

Just musings and opinions.

Money would automatically be involved, as they were married and owned all of their properties and expensive toys, jointly.

If she were to leave him, he would owe her half of both homes, and the boat, plane and new truck and new RV.

I agree (unless there was a pre-nup). But what I was referring to was why another person would want to be involved in a planned disappearance. Though I guess what you mentioned might still be a reason for that other hypothetical person in the case of an affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme