Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think I've ever changed a destination in an Uber/Lyft while it was en route--how does that work? Can they tell if it was done by Beau or the driver? Or did the driver just take him to that location without a formal, in-app destination change, then "end" the ride? If it was changed, at what point in the ride did it happen--when they left the 7-11, or later? If Beau's phone was in fact off soon after the "911" text, then the driver must have been the one to change it. Even if the phone were still on at this point, depending on if Beau's phone required a numeric passcode, someone could use his face or finger (depending on the model) to unlock the phone and change the route that way. I would also be curious to know if a specific address in Santa Monica were put in, or if it were just a general block, etc.

As an aside, while the Help Find Beau Mann facebook page indicates that Beau had relapsed, do we know what Beau did in the 15 min stop he made in downtown LA earlier that day, or the 39 min stop in North Hollywood? The 15 min downtown LA one seems particularly concerning, if he had in fact relapsed. Is it possible he purchased something in downtown LA (12:29 PM to 12:44 PM), took something in North Hollywood (1:12 PM to 1:51 PM), then had a medical emergency of some type en route to either Brentwood or Santa Monica (2:15 PM)? The only thing that bothers me about that is he was apparently well at the 9-11 at 2:05 PM, then something happened in that ten minutes while he was in the Uber.

I don't think I've ever changed a destination in an Uber/Lyft while it was en route--how does that work? Can they tell if it was done by Beau or the driver? Or did the driver just take him to that location without a formal, in-app destination change, then "end" the ride? If it was changed, at what point in the ride did it happen--when they left the 7-11, or later? If Beau's phone was in fact off soon after the "911" text, then the driver must have been the one to change it. Even if the phone were still on at this point, depending on if Beau's phone required a numeric passcode, someone could use his face or finger (depending on the model) to unlock the phone and change the route that way. I would also be curious to know if a specific address in Santa Monica were put in, or if it were just a general block, etc.

As an aside, while the Help Find Beau Mann facebook page indicates that Beau had relapsed, do we know what Beau did in the 15 min stop he made in downtown LA earlier that day, or the 39 min stop in North Hollywood? The 15 min downtown LA one seems particularly concerning, if he had in fact relapsed. Is it possible he purchased something in downtown LA (12:29 PM to 12:44 PM), took something in North Hollywood (1:12 PM to 1:51 PM), then had a medical emergency of some type en route to either Brentwood or Santa Monica (2:15 PM)? The only thing that bothers me about that is he was apparently well at the 9-11 at 2:05 PM, then something happened in that ten minutes while he was in the Uber.
All good questions and the problem is nobody knows the answers I don't think. All family lives out of state. They don't know much about who he was friends with or what his daily routines were or why he would have been downtown or N. Hollywood. I do know that a specific address was given in Santa Monica and friends of the family talked to people there and nobody claims to have seen him. Are they lying or did they really not see him? If he relapsed, he was likely involved with some shady people and shady people lie. The clerk at 7-11 said she was very familiar with Beau so it must have been a regular stop when he was in that area. Did anyone ask the clerk if he was acting strange or different that day? The 911 text could have been for a medical emergency. But then what? The Uber driver dumped him on the side of the freeway? He would have been found by now. Way too many unknowns to make any kind of rational guesses as to where he is or what exactly happened. If he relapsed, he could have OD'd as everything seems to be laced with fentanyl these days. But then what? Did the people he was with put his body in a dumpster? Take it out to the desert? I've pretty much ruled out voluntarily missing. Addicts need money for drugs and no bank account activity. If he went to rehab, he would have been out long ago. Did the Uber driver do something to him? That's anyone's guess. The thing I keep going back to, is no phone activity after the 911 text. ZERO Clearly if he OD'd or had a medical emergency anywhere on the streets in the L.A. area he would have been found by now. Or was there foul play by someone other than the Uber driver?

Hello, yes, you are correct about all of that. We only know about the ride ending at Santa Monica on Berkely Street because we saw it in his app. We have nothing other than the data from the app.

Since you have access to Beau's Uber app, have you checked the history to see if there is a pattern? If I remember correctly, I think I read that the 7-11 employee stated that Beau came into the 7-11 often. The app would show if the 7-11 was the destination or if not, then perhaps the 7-11 was always a stop mid-trip. I am wondering if he regularly went to North Hollywood and if he did, was it always to the same location? Perhaps understanding this part of his day could lead to answers about what transpired later that day. Or alternatively, are there records of Beau previously being dropped off at this same location in Santa Monica?

Since you have access to Beau's Uber app, have you checked the history to see if there is a pattern? If I remember correctly, I think I read that the 7-11 employee stated that Beau came into the 7-11 often. The app would show if the 7-11 was the destination or if not, then perhaps the 7-11 was always a stop mid-trip. I am wondering if he regularly went to North Hollywood and if he did, was it always to the same location? Perhaps understanding this part of his day could lead to answers about what transpired later that day. Or alternatively, are there records of Beau previously being dropped off at this same location in Santa Monica?
Great questions! Thank you.

Also regarding the Uber app, on my phone, I am able to see the first name of my drivers who I rated. I don't know if Beau rated any of his drivers, but if he did, their first names show up in history along with the dates/times pickup location and destination. With so many Uber drivers in LA, the odds are incredibly low that the same driver would have picked him up previously - unless the driver knew Beau's routine (if there was a routine) and was available for pickup close to the pickup location. I am sure there are multiple drivers with the same first name. Like I said almost impossible odds, but still worth checking if there is any pattern here. (I personally don't think the Uber driver is involved, but still worth mentioning.)

I think what makes me uncomfortable is the wording from the above FB post..."I got a great lead to a person who does remote viewing and after some begging and pleading she’s agreed temporarily to help" it doesn't sound like this psychic freely volunteered her time, but is rather making Beau's family work for it, and only 'temporarily'. I don't think she's doing this as a favor to a grieving family, I think there's a current (or eventual) financial benefit she's after.
(can you guys tell I don't have a positive view of psychics lol)

I agree with you.
I do think that sometimes people want to give a tip anonymously and so they tell a "psychic" who passes it on to LE as a "vision," thus preserving the tipster's anonymity, but that is very rare and not a "remote viewing," and it would be highly unethical to expect $ for it. Sadly desperate families are taken advantage-of, all the time.

One of big questions I've had is, did the Uber driver do any more rides after dropping Beau off in Santa Monica. That is finally answered on the FB page. Read the entire latest post. :eek:
(3) HelpFindBeauMann | Facebook

Oh my!!

That Uber driver is 100% involved if Beau was his last ride and then he didn't work for 6 days straight after! How is that not suspicious?!?

Well done to the private investigator for finding that out!

MOO.

Let's recap the Uber ride

Beau uses the Uber app to make a 911 call and sends a message to 911 "Uber grey"
Beau is never heard from again.
LAPD talks to Uber driver, and he tells them he dropped Beau off at his apartment.
Beau's family pours through hours of video footage at Beau's apartment and reports back to LAPD that Beau was not dropped off at his apartment.
LAPD contacts Uber driver again who changes his story and says he dropped him off in Santa Monica.
Uber driver does not take any more rides the rest of that day.
Uber driver does not take any more rides for 6 days following that day!!!
Uber driver indeed drives a grey minivan.

How is LAPD so oblivious to all of this?

Oh my!!

That Uber driver is 100% involved if Beau was his last ride and then he didn't work for 6 days straight after! How is that not suspicious?!?

Well done to the private investigator for finding that out!

MOO.

what was the drivers typical schedule like though? Did he take breaks from time to time? Car out of commission ? Out of town so not driving? The commenters on the fb page so set on blaming lapd and the Uber driver but there isn’t enough info for me.

If true, this is where we need LE to help. They have the power to request subpoenas and warrants for the Uber data. I don't think P.I's can do that.

(I'm reminded of the Brianna Maitland case where the PI's working on it described it as a one-way street: they give LE all the info they know; LE may not respond, if at all.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro
Back