Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
See now in the most recent article it says a bag of ice the first time it described the 7-Eleven video, but later down in the article it lists the items he was carrying again, and this time it says an Icy fountain drink and the bag of other items. At first I thought I just misread it at the start till I see you all (and myself really) wondering why he had a bag of ice. I wonder if it was described as an ICEE drink at first and it’s been misquoted now. I’d be more inclined to believe an Icee Drink vs a bag of ice. Moo

Looking at the screengrab, it definitely looks like a Wild Cherry Fanta Slurpee (7-Eleven's version of a slushie/ICEE) in his right hand.

In-store might differ a bit from the 7NOW service, but the bags you can order for delivery are 7 lb, 10 lb, and 20 lb. If he had laptops in his backpack, I would definitely carry the ice separate.

7-eleven_ice.png

The family need to identify what high value items he
would have been carrying - principally the computers.
Maybe try to discover what model and serial numbers
those computers had, and then see if the LAPD will
accept a report of those items as stolen, or possibly
stolen. If the computers end up in e.g. a pawnshop or
similar, then LAPD’s pawnshop detail may get a hit
on the serial numbers during one of their periodic
shop record checks.
Dodger Great's Ring Recovered at Pawnshop
-----
Also, a slightly different suggestion - ask the
company he foundered, and presumably that he
may have visited in the past, if they can identify
what the (unique) WIFI MAC addresses of those
computers were, and maybe the WIFI MAC
address of his mobile phone. The electronic logs
of WIFI internet modems may retain that info,
maybe for months until an electronic log may
overwrite older info with newer info.
The WIFI MAC address of his computers or mobile
phone maybe also found in the logs of any WIFI
internet gateway device that he accessed (e.g. say
like the relatives home internet WIFI modem's
electronic log?).
If he is never found, then at least there is some
chance that those items, able to be electronically
recognized & identified by their unique numbers,
may turn up being used by someone someday -
someone other than Beau Mann.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE

Websleuths welcomes all new members who have joined in the discussion of missing person Beau Mann. If you are close to the case and have inside info you would like to share, please apply HERE to learn hiw to become a Verified Insider. That way you can post what you know to be true without the required MSM or LE links to substantiate that info. Otherwise posts that state info as fact and that do not include the MSM or LE link to the source of that info will be removed.

Thanks for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths’ TOS that we all agreed to when we joined.

It's believed he climbed into either an Uber or a Lyft because less than 10 minutes later, a text came from his cellphone and went to 911

I think this is just awkward wording, but I don't see why him texting 911 is a reason he would have been in an Uber or Lyft.

I also wonder about him carrying laptops, plural. Seems like a lot to drag to a coffee shop.

Well, I think that's hopeful. It's non-alcholic. I'd be concerned if it was a bottle of whisky. ...

7-11 does not sell hard alcohol. I agree that him buying a slushie/icie suggests he was not drinking alcohol at this time. (on his blog post he talked about having an alcohol/weed problem in the past and he did not mention other drugs)

7-11 does not sell hard alcohol. I agree that him buying a slushie/icie suggests he was not drinking alcohol at this time. (on his blog post he talked about having an alcohol/weed problem in the past and he did not mention other drugs)
Actually near the end he talks about stimulant drugs, but it’s hard to decipher what he means.

After looking at the one photo they released of him walking to show what he was wearing that day (not the 7-11 photo) I have wondered when/where that was taken but now have come to the conclusion that it was taken right after he left his apt that morning. The white brick and pink shrub are consistent with the landscaping right outside his residence and where you see the cameras are consistent with the origin of the video footage that would provide that still shot. It is also consistent with him walking North on his street which has a local coffee shop at the corner and a Starbucks across the street so the coffee shop he went to was most likely one of those and if not there are about four other ones right there as well but those would be the closest.

In that still shot we see him with the backpack looking already jam-packed but zipped, he has the blue hat on and the black hoodie. In the 7-11 image his hat is gone, he is not wearing the sweatshirt anymore and the backpack is busting open however you cannot see the hat or black hoodie in it. I zoomed in on the backpack and it just looks like paperwork on top. And if we know he had one or more laptops in there as well which you cant see there is probably no way that the large hoodie would be able to fit in there along with those so where did his sweatshirt and hat go?

If he went to the coffee shop and then took an Uber/Lyft or got picked up from there to go to Studio City he obviously went there for a reason other than the 7-11 as there is one less than ten blocks from his apt. Because he didn't have his car he was most likely somewhere close to the 7-11 in Studio City and then if he was Ubering home it would make sense he walked from wherever he was to the 7-11 to grab a drink and some other items and head home or possibly somewhere else. Was he at someone's place and left his hoodie and/or hat there? Was he planning on returning there at some point? Were the laptops in his backpack when he left his apt and that is what made it so full or had he maybe had other contents in there that he left along with his hoodie wherever he went to maybe take these laptops somewhere and come back for the rest of his items he had taken out since they didn't all fit?

As far as the bag of ice, I know we cannot see that in the still shot from the 7-11 but they typically have them outside the 7-11 and you would just pay inside. However, I looked up that 7-11 and it does not appear to have an ice freezer outside so either there is another image of him getting it inside the store or is just bad reporting. I can't get over how many things are reported wrong. If they spoke to the mother it should not be that hard to get it straight...was it a fountain drink, a bag of ice, both and other items or the icy/slushy that it appears to be in the image that somehow got reported as a fountain drink and bag of ice?

There are multiple residential buildings behind the 7-11 so was he maybe visiting someone there and then stopped in the 7-11 to pick up some items before Ubering home or somewhere else? I know the family has been out there and hired a PI so if they knew he was at a coffee shop, which one, how long, what was he doing and how did he leave? Where was he from there until the 7-11? There do not seem to be as many obvious surveillance cameras in the Brentwood area by the coffee shops he could have been at so they may not have a clear answer on that as opposed to all the ones around the 7-11 in Studio City.

From the 7-11 he could only go North behind the 7-11, make a right going West or left going East. There is a pawn shop across from the 7-11 and a Mobile next door so if he went that way going East or West from 7-11 there is a building right there with cameras that would have caught him as well as if he went North back to all the apartments there are tons of cameras that would have captured him. So there should be plenty of footage showing what he did upon leaving the 7-11 and knowing only minutes later he sent the text he could not have gotten too far or to not be on camera.

He was at the coffee shop that morning.
Right, what I'm saying is that for me personally, if I needed to do work requiring a single laptop, I'd walk to the coffee shop. If I needed to do work involving multiple laptops for some reason, I'd do that at home. It seems strange to be lugging around multiple laptops.

I think this is just awkward wording, but I don't see why him texting 911 is a reason he would have been in an Uber or Lyft.

I also wonder about him carrying laptops, plural. Seems like a lot to drag to a coffee shop.
From another story: It's believed he climbed into either an Uber or a Lyft because less than 10 minutes later, a text came from his cellphone and went to 911. The message indicated he was in an Uber but gave no more information about why he might need help.

Listening to an interview with Annie Grace on youtube from 2018, he indicates that he doesn't really think he has an alcohol addiction, but acknowledges ongoing stimulant addiction that started with cocaine. In the thebeaumann.com blog post he writes about his unsuccessful struggle to overcome that addiction, and the fractured writing of those posts last October/November are consistent with relapse to chronic stimulant misuse, likely methamphetamine (in my opinion).
Leaving the house by Uber rather than car is consistent with not wanting to drive while relapsed. Or a drug purchase gone bad could have happened earlier and he was concerned (or paranoid) that he might be traced to his apartment or car so he threw all his important stuff into a backpack to avoid being targeted at home.
He wore a hoodie and baseball cap, which he may have considered could be used to shield his identity.
He also could have gone out to purchase drugs, presumably "by appointment", in Studio City.
If he was not wearing the hoodie or cap by the time he got to 7-11, he may have been "roughed up" in an encounter. A bag of ice might be used to sooth wounds or bruises.
"MOO" as seems to be the disclaimer here.

Last edited:
If you listen to an interview with Annie Grace on youtube from 2018, he indicates that he doesn't really think he has an alcohol addiction, but acknowledges ongoing stimulant addiction that started with cocaine. In the thebeaumann.com blog post he writes about his unsuccessful struggle to overcome that addiction, and the fractured writing of those posts last October/November are consistent with relapse to chronic stimulant misuse, likely methamphetamine (in my opinion).
Leaving the house by Uber rather than car is consistent with not wanting to drive while relapsed. Or a drug purchase gone bad could have happened earlier and he was concerned (or paranoid) that he might be traced to his apartment or car so he threw all his important stuff into a backpack to avoid being targeted at home.
He also could have gone out to purchase drugs, presumably "by appointment", in Studio City.
"MOO" as seems to be the disclaimer here.

Thank you for sharing this.

I don't like that he says that every time he used cocaine he wanted to kill himself. :(

For those questioning why WSers suspect a relapse, and doubting the presence of shame that comes with addiction, in Beau's own words: "[I am starting this blog] because I get my validation from being home at night and as I fight the self talk berating myself for being addicted and it being too powerful of a chemical brain controlling fuckstorm for me to get over it and stay over it forever (thus far)."

From the thebeaumann.com main page.

I am trying to figure why he texted 911 from an Uber, apparently.

The obvious, simplest answer could be that the driver was threatening him somehow, and did away with him, for some reason.

But I think if that was the case, there would be an arrest already. Uber and Lyft have very detailed info, and they would know who the driver was, and would share that with LE.

And IIUC, reportedly, the driver claims he dropped him off back at home. The family said there was no video evidence of that.

If the police accepted that version of the driver's story, then I think there must be reasons they did so. Perhaps he asked to be dropped off at the corner or something like that. I have a hard time believing an Uber driver would 'disappear' a rider while on the clock with the job, knowing there are clear records that the driver is with him.

I am leaning more towards BM sending that text out of paranoia because he was relapsing?

I am trying to figure why he texted 911 from an Uber, apparently.

The obvious, simplest answer could be that the driver was threatening him somehow, and did away with him, for some reason.

But I think if that was the case, there would be an arrest already. Uber and Lyft have very detailed info, and they would know who the driver was, and would share that with LE.

And IIUC, reportedly, the driver claims he dropped him off back at home. The family said there was no video evidence of that.

If the police accepted that version of the driver's story, then I think there must be reasons they did so. Perhaps he asked to be dropped off at the corner or something like that. I have a hard time believing an Uber driver would 'disappear' a rider while on the clock with the job, knowing there are clear records that the driver is with him.

I am leaning more towards BM sending that text out of paranoia because he was relapsing?

It seems a stretch that the Uber driver would have done something to him.

What if he was not alone when getting that Uber ride and it was the person he was with who threatened him? I'm sure the Uber driver would have shared this info with LE, but we have no idea what LE knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happy head
Back