Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

I am new to this board and new to this thread. I have been unable to sleep since Blaze has been missing and I was compelled to write on here to possibly answer some questions and ask my own.

I live walking distance from the family and know them in an unofficial way. I have interacted with the mom multiple times as I am taking my kids on walks/Halloween/etc. She is a very nice person and has been invested in the safety of my kids since day 1. She always tells me if there are dogs not on leashes, dogs to watch out for (she is a dog owner and she told me about a pit bull in the neighborhood), etc. I have spoken to her about the schools and the school system. I remember her being very proud of her kids, especially Blaze and mentioning how amazing he is.I have also met Blaze's grandmother on a couple of occasions. This seems like a tight-knit, loving family.

A few things -

We had AT&T and it was extremely spotty, so switched over to Verizon (they had the best coverage for the area when we switched over a few years back). There are patches in the neighborhood where for a few seconds, I can lose service while driving even with Verizon. I wouldn't be surprised if Blaze did not have service if it was a loaner phone and he ended up in some remote area.

Borrego Park is interchangeably referred to the "Library Park" since it is right next to the Foothill Ranch Library. If BB was indeed in trouble and in the park, he could have ran to the connecting shopping center. I think the family are original home-owners, so as a kid growing up in the town – he was probably very familiar with the parks/streets/stores.

The homes on this street aren't estates but if something is happening at the front of your house. (For example, a conversation, kids driving off, etc. and you have newer windows for good insulation), you may not be able to hear it unless it was very loud. Our neighbors have kids and we hear them being picked up/dropped off if there is loud music coming from their cars or they are laughing about something and I happened to be on that side of the house when it has happened.

There are two ways to get to Library Park from where we live - the "long way" or the "short way" depending on what side of the street you live on. It is a brisk 15-20 walk down and probably closer to 20-25 minutes on the way back with the hill but can be done in 20.

We haven't had anyone come by asking for surveillance footage/or ask us for any information. I think gathering surveillance footage from the neighborhood is key. From the Bernstein house - the "short way" is probably the logical way to the park. As I drove to work this morning, I saw a house with cameras that would have direct view of the car on its way out of the neighborhood towards the park. I am sure there are more homes with cameras/Ring to see what if anything was happening between the hours of 10pm - 4am. Was Blaze outside having a conversation, got in the front seat, back seat, was there a 3rd person in the car? Footage could provide us with some key missing information.

The OCSD has not released the name of the "friend" or his car information. They haven't even released the last text message detail and the relationship of the individual it was sent to. I find all of this extremely puzzling and disconcerting. We are almost entering a week since he has gone missing! :( I just keep praying this is just one bad dream and he is going to show up out of hiding any day now.

IMO - OCSD has told the parents exactly what can be mentioned in their pleas to the public. We visited the park yesterday and aside from the drone search, there weren't any "official' searches going on. There are hundreds of people like us willing to help, but no mention yet of a volunteer search. I feel as though we just don't know so much of the story/facts. I can only assume the "friend" is under heavy surveillance and they are waiting for some major break to bring this individual in.
Also, the Cadillac is still parked on the street. It is not in front of a home but parked in a no-parking zone on a main road.

Praying for the family.

Anxiousmom, I'm SO glad you're here! Thank you for offering so many of your thoughts in your first post. I know I speak for all of us when I say we're grateful!

From what you've told us about video surveillance in the area, the only logical reason I could come up with why LE (law enforcement) would NOT approach some residents/businesses with cameras is because they already have enough footage to establish movements. I'm thinking the silence is a good thing, and I hope I'm right!

I question the friend's entire accounting with the exception of him going to the park and returning at 4 a.m. to the park. He's worried about the cameras imo so he fessed up to that. Otherwise, I think he knows exactly why they went there, why he (BB) wasn't and isn't found there, and where he is. This story stinks. jmo.
Has it been confirmed that this driver was a teen? If so, he might be hiding something from his own parents, peers, etc. If it's an older man, well then that opens up other thoughts.

Hello everyone.

I am new to this board and new to this thread. I have been unable to sleep since Blaze has been missing and I was compelled to write on here to possibly answer some questions and ask my own.

I live walking distance from the family and know them in an unofficial way. I have interacted with the mom multiple times as I am taking my kids on walks/Halloween/etc. She is a very nice person and has been invested in the safety of my kids since day 1. She always tells me if there are dogs not on leashes, dogs to watch out for (she is a dog owner and she told me about a pit bull in the neighborhood), etc. I have spoken to her about the schools and the school system. I remember her being very proud of her kids, especially Blaze and mentioning how amazing he is.I have also met Blaze's grandmother on a couple of occasions. This seems like a tight-knit, loving family.

A few things -

We had AT&T and it was extremely spotty, so switched over to Verizon (they had the best coverage for the area when we switched over a few years back). There are patches in the neighborhood where for a few seconds, I can lose service while driving even with Verizon. I wouldn't be surprised if Blaze did not have service if it was a loaner phone and he ended up in some remote area.

Borrego Park is interchangeably referred to the "Library Park" since it is right next to the Foothill Ranch Library. If BB was indeed in trouble and in the park, he could have ran to the connecting shopping center. I think the family are original home-owners, so as a kid growing up in the town – he was probably very familiar with the parks/streets/stores.

The homes on this street aren't estates but if something is happening at the front of your house. (For example, a conversation, kids driving off, etc. and you have newer windows for good insulation), you may not be able to hear it unless it was very loud. Our neighbors have kids and we hear them being picked up/dropped off if there is loud music coming from their cars or they are laughing about something and I happened to be on that side of the house when it has happened.

There are two ways to get to Library Park from where we live - the "long way" or the "short way" depending on what side of the street you live on. It is a brisk 15-20 walk down and probably closer to 20-25 minutes on the way back with the hill but can be done in 20.

We haven't had anyone come by asking for surveillance footage/or ask us for any information. I think gathering surveillance footage from the neighborhood is key. From the Bernstein house - the "short way" is probably the logical way to the park. As I drove to work this morning, I saw a house with cameras that would have direct view of the car on its way out of the neighborhood towards the park. I am sure there are more homes with cameras/Ring to see what if anything was happening between the hours of 10pm - 4am. Was Blaze outside having a conversation, got in the front seat, back seat, was there a 3rd person in the car? Footage could provide us with some key missing information.

The OCSD has not released the name of the "friend" or his car information. They haven't even released the last text message detail and the relationship of the individual it was sent to. I find all of this extremely puzzling and disconcerting. We are almost entering a week since he has gone missing! :( I just keep praying this is just one bad dream and he is going to show up out of hiding any day now.

IMO - OCSD has told the parents exactly what can be mentioned in their pleas to the public. We visited the park yesterday and aside from the drone search, there weren't any "official' searches going on. There are hundreds of people like us willing to help, but no mention yet of a volunteer search. I feel as though we just don't know so much of the story/facts. I can only assume the "friend" is under heavy surveillance and they are waiting for some major break to bring this individual in.
Also, the Cadillac is still parked on the street. It is not in front of a home but parked in a no-parking zone on a main road.

Praying for the family.

interesting.. I thought surrounding residential surveillance footage would have been requested even on a voluntary basis.

What? I;m lost.

Sorry, Gitana. These comments were off topic and in humorous reference to the Sherri Papini "kidnapping" case. Cameron Gamble, a self proclaimed hostage negotiator, claimed he "called off the FBI" and secured a "reverse ransom" for her return. Carry on :).

103 Guests! Wow. Please consider registering and joining in on the conversation. All input is valuable and encouraged. Please, join us.

So dogs could not pick his scent up at the park....hmmmm

I question the friend's entire accounting with the exception of him going to the park and returning at 4 a.m. to the park. He's worried about the cameras imo so he fessed up to that. Otherwise, I think he knows exactly why they went there, why he (BB) wasn't and isn't found there, and where he is. This story stinks. jmo.
Has it been confirmed that this driver was a teen? If so, he might be hiding something from his own parents, peers, etc. If it's an older man, well then that opens up other thoughts.
(bolded by me)

This makes perfect sense to me. Maybe something happened IN the car at the park, then driver had to drive somewhere else to (I'm sorry) hide BB. That took until 4 AM, then he goes back to the park to be on camera.

Hello everyone.

A few things -

Praying for the family.

Wow! Great first post. Thanks for all the info!

:fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:

Something has been niggling in the back of my mind about the friend saying he returned to the park at 4 am to look for Blaze. It's been determined that there isn't any surveillance cameras there. So, what proof do they have, other than the word of Blaze's friend, that he actually went back to look for him at 4 am? Or are they taking this friend at his word? What was he doing inbetween the time he left the park and 4 am?

Also, has there been any updates about the body found burned in a park over an hour and a half away? I know it was found on fire the next morning (strange, isn't it?), but if someone harmed him, maybe they were waiting for early morning far away to dispose of his body, if that is him? I haven't read any updates on the body found in the trunk burned beyond recognition, but it has been bothering me since we heard about this and I was wondering if there is any more information available.

Also, I can't get past this third friend that Blaze was supposed to meet in the park. I know that I read in an article in the very beginning of this case that they said that the friend that drove him said they were meeting a mutual friend in the park. Was that false, or is that still a possibility? If so, where is this friend and why haven't we heard anything more about him?

Meeting at parks and dark areas has been a part of gay culture for decades. It arose out of necessity but has continued due to culture.

http://www.cruisinggays.com/santa-ana/c/areas/

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/dec/29/cruising-gay-culture-2016

http://www.cruisinggays.com/irvine/c/areas/

Although I don;t know what his sexuality is and I don;t think Borrego park or Whiting ranch are cruising areas. But I wanted to point out how a young, smart man might meet someone in a dark place at night.

I don't think that can be reduced only to gay people. I'm pretty sure straight people meet up too in not so public places for fun. I just said based on what I read from him, based on his writings, he just does not seem to be that irresponsible. In the wilderness late at night with a stranger. I've read in the media that even the third person was a friend of his. Something that would explain why he went in the wilderness, because he trusted the person. But still, if it was a friend he could meet in other at least 6-7 places where it was illuminated. If he wanted such privacy, why involve a friend for a ride at all? Like, wait for me till I have some fun? It just doesn't add up. I personally don't believe the park story at all. I'm not saying he is a saint, but his friend's behavior is way too questionable.

I agree who knows if he ever went to the park. Did the authorities check the roadside to see if he may have been hit by a car if he was actually seen walking on that highway?

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Yes, I am hoping you are right too. Silence could be a good thing - although it has me on the edge of my seat.

Hello everyone.

A few things -

Praying for the family.

Thank you for you great informative post. I think most of us are on the same page as you. If you can keep us updated if you learn something new would be appreciated.

It's starting to rain heavily this is troublesome. If there is any scent of Blaze would the dogs still be able to detect in heavy rains?

Do you ever just get a feeling about a case with not much to go on? I feel like this kid is alive and is having mental health issues or fought with his parents and left town.

I hope that feeling is right anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALL of your questions and thoughts are exactly mine. I think this "friend" knows everything!

Anxiousmom, I'm SO glad you're here! Thank you for offering so many of your thoughts in your first post. I know I speak for all of us when I say we're grateful!

From what you've told us about video surveillance in the area, the only logical reason I could come up with why LE (law enforcement) would NOT approach some residents/businesses with cameras is because they already have enough footage to establish movements. I'm thinking the silence is a good thing, and I hope I'm right!

Yes, I hope the silence means they are very close to finding him!

I myself need that car searched. We have a missing adult here, the car and owner of car need to be reunited. It concerns me that everyone has noticed it, yet searching it seems to not be part of LE's equation. LE continually has stated foul play is not suspected regarding his friend. I'm hopeful he is a runner, due to university. I get a Nick Francisco vibe, dk why. I hope this is voluntary as it will mean Blaze is alive.

Thank you for you great informative post. I think most of us are on the same page as you. If you can keep us updated if you learn something new would be appreciated.

It's starting to rain heavily this is troublesome. If there is any scent of Blaze would the dogs still be able to detect in heavy rains?

I definitely will!

Yes, I am hoping you are right too. Silence could be a good thing - although it has me on the edge of my seat.
Quick tip: You can reply to specify posts, and the original poster's content will appear above yours as quoted material. I'm on an Android forum app, so I couldn't be much IT help, but maybe someone else can chime in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim