Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On this topic, I found some things in this article to be odd.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bernstein-search-20180108-story.html

He was to be driven to the dentist apt. by his mom, and when he didn't show up, she assumed that he would meet her at the dentist? She needed to go to the dentist with him?
Actually, it says right in the article why she was meeting him.
Pepper Bernstein felt something was off the next afternoon, when Blaze, the oldest of three children, didn’t show up for a dentist appointment. She’d hoped to have lunch with him before driving with him to the appointment. When Blaze didn’t come home, she and her husband assumed he would meet her at the dentist.

They were planning to lunch together, then she was going to drive him to the dentist. She didn't seem concerned when Blaze didn't come home so she went to meet him at the dentist. When he also missed that planned event, she became concerned. I don't see anything strange or overprotective about any of that at all. Her oldest child is home from college and she wants to spend every possible second she can with him before he goes back to school. I would absolutely do the same.

I hardly doubt he had wifi connection in the park unless he had a portable hotspot. I've got Tmobile and have hiked Whiting Ranch area. I get no service from Tmobile in that area it's a dead zone for me.

I can believe it, have that problem in parts of Va.

I wonder can they tell where the phone was when the female friend received text from Blaze?

Would like to know what that text said.

So 'driver friend' lost Blaze in the park that night, had a quick look around but couldn't find him and then went home. But at 4am the next morning they were still so worried about Blaze that they ended up going back to the park for another search?

They were worried enough to go and search the park again but not so worried that they thought to go and check Blaze's house/see his parents? :thinking: They knew the address after all.

Trying to cover for the fact their phone may have pinged in the park area the next morning, perhaps? :thinking:

right.. go back to make sure there was no "evidence" left. Always return to the scene of the crime as they say.
The "friend" needs his phone pings traced from the time he picked blaze up to when he was questioned by LE.
Between 10:30 and 4am where was he? Maybe I just thought he never left the park until 4am? Has his vehicle been searched? trunk?

I found the champagne photo odd, as well as the other photo of BB with a side part and coral shirt. They were obviously provide by the family - but if you look at the pictures of BB that DM took from his FB page, you can see that the photos provided by the family were about a year or two ago, he looks much more grown up in the recent DM photos. Why didn't the parents provide an updated photo?

His good friend and one of the administrators from his HFBBFB said the one in the dark grey shirt holding the champagne glass is the most recent. Heres another recent photo with his Mom.

b256e4624111460ff78c3d9e5cd2e038.jpg

This is not the first time I've seen this bit about FRL....

On January 3, Blaze Bernstein of Foothill Ranch went missing near the Foothill Ranch Library in Lake Forest.

https://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/local-lake-forest-man-missing

Where did the detail about him going missing near the library originate??? I find it interesting since it's not a stretch to consider the library would likely have free wifi.....no??? Maybe it was assumed early on and grew legs...since THAT article IS dated January 5.

:thinking:

She strikes me as a very self-aware, self-assured, self-controlled woman. If LE told her, "You need to present yourself as if you're just going with the flow. Don't make any waves that might scare away whoever did this," I can see her accepting that role and channeling all her anger and despair into concealing it -- if that makes sense.

According to public records she's the Co Trustee of the family trust which is worth a third of a BILLION dollars. Could someone been blackmailing her son?

Blaze Bernstein left belongings behind — including his keys, wallet, credit cards and eyeglasses — when he left his parents' home to see the friend "without saying goodbye — we didn't even hear him leave," said his father, Gideon Bernstein.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bernstein-search-20180108-story.html

If he left his keys how was he going to get back in? Did he leave the door unlocked?

I apologize if this has been established, but the friend who received the text "an hour later"--was this after he disappeared? These news article aren't always clear when it comes to time and geography. If the message was received after he disappeared, what did it say? I have a hard time believing the driver friend picked him up and took him to the park and never had a clue what the trip was for. How long did the friend think this 'errand" was supposed to take? Did Blaze suggest a time frame? The returning to the park at 4am makes no sense. Why would he assume Blaze was still at the park? I'd like to believe info is being withheld while LE weighs what they know. The last person to see someone is generally a "person of interest"--just sayin'...

Ok, I am a newbie. I have skimmed through the comments and I know there has been a lot of focus on the phone. Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. BB was supposedly using a family member’s phone that could not receive incoming calls. So, it only seems plausible that the phone was not with a current service provider, but he was using WiFi capabilities. However, he texted a girlfriend at about 11:30. He would have had to have WiFi to do so. So, is there confirmed WiFi in the Park? If he sent a text using WiFi, is there not a way to track location of that phone if he sent a text? Or was the location capabilities already shut off at that time?

I could be way off-base here. I don't know BB personally. I'm basing my thoughts on articles I've read, descriptions in interviews, reading his fiction, and considering his curricular and extra-curricular activities...

This kid is a prolific writer. Not just a kid who writes -- he's a Writer who knows his craft, hones his craft, and uses his craft. (I'm sorry I can't provide the link to his literary journal contributions -- I think Auntiesemantic posted a couple links upthread.)

I can guess there are exceptions to the rule, but every writer I've ever known has used their craft as an extension of themselves, in the way a bilingual person uses a second language, or hearing-impaired use sign. If BB was depressed, I believe without a doubt he was writing about it somewhere. And possibly, to someone.

If this is a case of self-harm, I truly believe he would've left a work of writing upon his departure. His short stories show an embrace of meaning. His relationships were meaningful to him. He was a participatory family member, which can't be said for a lot of kids at that stage in life.

He'd know the depth of anguish his sudden disappearance would create, and if he intended to exit this life, I truly believe he would've left parting words. Maybe not a suicide note. Maybe not a letter. Maybe it would be a story, an article, a journal entry. It would be something, and it would be something he'd intend to be read.

BB is a compassionate, contemplative person. I just don't think he'd go silently.

Yes, I posted links to two of his writings in the thread.

I agree with you about the likeliness that if he committed suicide, there's probably something he wrote somewhere.

I couldn't find any more of his writings thus far.

This is not the first time I've seen this bit about FRL....

On January 3, Blaze Bernstein of Foothill Ranch went missing near the Foothill Ranch Library in Lake Forest.

https://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/local-lake-forest-man-missing

Where did the detail about him going missing near the library originate??? I find it interesting since it's not a stretch to consider the library would likely have free wifi.....no??? Maybe it was assumed early on and grew legs...since THAT article IS dated January 5.

:thinking:

I used google earth on the park and the library is right next door. My local library turns the wifi off at closing time.

Blaze Bernstein left belongings behind — including his keys, wallet, credit cards and eyeglasses — when he left his parents' home to see the friend "without saying goodbye — we didn't even hear him leave," said his father, Gideon Bernstein.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bernstein-search-20180108-story.html

If he left his keys how was he going to get back in? Did he leave the door unlocked?

One of the reports made it sound like he may have left the home while the parents were out taking his sister to a sleepover. If that's how it happened, maybe he just assumed they'd be home to let him back in??

According to public records she's the Co Trustee of the family trust which is worth a third of a BILLION dollars. Could someone been blackmailing her son?

Whooooaaaaaa........

Ransom?

Unless he was in a huge hurry to leave and thought he was going to be right back, it wasn't going to take that long. The friend that picked him might have been upset former lover that Blaze dumped before going back to school. It went sour at their meeting. I don't think there ever was a third friend. He's lying. Blaze was doing a lot of social media back and forth before he went missing supposedly on Snapchat or a similar app.

All JMO

Hey Everyone,

One more reminder...please do not engage in snarky back and forth. If you do, even though you are not the one actually being snarky but you are engaging a poster about their snarky post, you will be timed out as well.

Hit the "Alert" button and scroll by. The alert button is in the lower left hand corner of the post in the shape of a triangle.

Thank you,
Tricia

You're certainly not! Thanks for all the thought-provoking questions and theories. You are a great addition to this case. :)
[emoji254] Thank you for saying so, GigTu. I was feeling quite useless yesterday. [emoji254]

That's interesting info. There was on odd comment posted a few days ago on the Blaze Bernstein missing page that mentions kidnapping. Hmmm thinking.

[emoji254] Thank you for saying so, GigTu. I was feeling quite useless yesterday. [emoji254]

That makes two of us, I had no idea we needed to quote the original poster for every time a said topic is rehashed.

:blushing:

:sorry:

:loveyou:

I know now.

ETA: Where are you Blaze???

:candle:

Ok, I am a newbie. I have skimmed through the comments and I know there has been a lot of focus on the phone. Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. BB was supposedly using a family member’s phone that could not receive incoming calls. So, it only seems plausible that the phone was not with a current service provider, but he was using WiFi capabilities. However, he texted a girlfriend at about 11:30. He would have had to have WiFi to do so. So, is there confirmed WiFi in the Park? If he sent a text using WiFi, is there not a way to track location of that phone if he sent a text? Or was the location capabilities already shut off at that time?

Good point. I believe someone posted free wifi was offered at the park sports area. Thanks for your post but just to be clear the driver friend said he texted a friend that was a girl not a girlfriend. Friends have reported Blaze as gay as he has friends in the same social media boys groups that know him well that can be read on the help find Blaze FB. LBGT has reached out to the family and OCSD and doing everything they can to see if anyone has seen him lately and help look for him.

BB was supposedly using a family member’s phone that could not receive incoming calls. So, it only seems plausible that the phone was not with a current service provider, but he was using WiFi capabilities.

There was speculation earlier in this thread that the phone didn't have service, but none of the MSM reports have said that, and several have said things that imply the opposite (e.g. that it was working for a while, and then shut off). I have no information that's not in the media reports, but I have seen nothing that leads me to believe the loaner phone didn't have service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234