Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You learn something new everyday! I didn't even know that you could do this with these apps- who's to say, once again, that he wasn't running away from the driver, seeing that a third alleged person hasn't been brought up since the first day?

Am I the only one that was clueless about those apps being able to track someone's location? If this was discussed before, how did I miss this tidbit?

On android and iOS you can see the little arrow or indicator on your phone or iPad on the top right corner when it's using your location. You can go into your phone settings and completely turn off location services under privacy mode or turn it off individually depending on what apps you allow to use it. Some you can leave on all the time running in the background or only when your using a specific app.

I cannot confirm whether it is locked at night. But it is actually decent size with one for Female and one for Male. I believe the male one has single long urinal and I think 2 stalls. The urinal could be used by 3 or 4 people. The park is pretty basic. There is decent playground with slides and things to climb on, one soccer size field with a curving sidewalk going around it, and a full size basketball court. At the end of the park is a sidewalk that goes down to the small park area by the Ralphs shopping center and entrance to Whiting Ranch trail. This sidewalk probably has about a 200 foot total loss going down. The Elementary kids use this to meet their parents at the bottom. The school sits right next to the park.

Ok thanks it might have been remodeled since the review on Yelp.

On the Family’s FB page, the county supervisor just offered to donate $1000 towards a reward. “My high school friend Leigh Sklamberg Haikin contacted me about her friendship with the family. I will add $1,000 to a reward that helps our Sheriff's Dept. find Blaze and safely return him to his family and loved ones. As your County Supervisor I will do everything I can to protect our community.”

Others have been offering this and contributing to a Go fund me page for several days. Why would they not be doing this yet? If B.B. is hiding with someone that may help people talk?

youre absolutely right. I hope my post didn’t come off in that way to mean to shame. I have many extended family members with mental illness and I am also in the social work field and have dedicated my life to helping others in need. I was just thinking it is valuable to know this information. Like you said, if it’s needed to function he may not be thinking clearly? I’m sorry if it may have come across differently.

Also ive been meaning to address the borrowed phone topic. Whatever the reason being for him not having his phone. Maybe his old phone had the find my phone thing turned on. And so that was why the discussion was had to make sure he had it turned on with this borrowed relatives phone. Just my thoughts.

No no, your post was a-ok by me. I just said what I said in a general sense.

BB, where are you?

This is my first post on Webseluths. I've been following the case closely since it was first reported across all media and social media sources. I've lived near Foothill Ranch for over forty years and owned a home in Foothill Ranch specifically for ten years adjacent to the Whiting Ranch preserve. I mountain bike the Whiting Ranch trails regularly and am extremely familiar with the area.

Based on all known facts to-date, here is what I believe happened, the probabilities of each scenario, and the supporting rationale:

90% - Suicide.
8% - Hiding.
<1% - Captive.
<1% - Homicide.

Looking at each potential scenario, the following rationale supports the probabilities for each.

Based on all facts known to-date, the most probable and logical scenario is suicide. The primary rationale supporting this scenario includes the following:

- BB willingly and purposely left his house without anything necessary for sustaining life (food, water, money, medication, identification, glasses, etc.). Why BB may have chosen to do this is pure conjecture. The fact is... he did.

- BB willingly and purposefully walked into a dark, desolate, and remote area at night. One that he was intimately familiar with as lacking food, water, and being unpopulated at such time. This is based on the only known first-hand witness statement available (driver) which has been thoroughly investigated by LE and remains unchallenged as of this time. One week after his disappearance. Best known information. Why BB may have chosen to do this is pure conjecture. The fact is... he did.

- Suicide Motive... stress/breakdown. It is known BB was less than a week away from going back to school. A highly competitive Ivy League university. Far away from home. As a 19 year old, this would generally be considered stressful. BB was studying psychology with a minor in chemistry, with a "pre-med focus", per his father. This is a challenging course of study. Further, his line of study is in stark contrast and polar opposite to BB's own personally stated and well-documented interests and passions. Namely... writing, cooking, and music. This juxtaposition provides additional tension and rationale background for the most probable scenario stated. Suicide. This is my opinion only based on all known facts and available information.

I have thought about this a lot and I think they are not making his struggles public because they don’t want people to get disinterested in his disappearance because they think he was an adult going through conflict and wanted to escape. If the story line doesn’t include this then the disappearance is harder to believe and more attention grabbing. In my opinion than a run away.

:welcome6: Brad....

Thanks for your input...

I get it.

At this point, nothing will be a surprise for me.

So Blaze was at a hard to get into charter school that specializes in the arts?
Blaze is enrolled in science classes at upenn, and will be in pre med according to his dad.

Might there be some parental expectations for Blaze's future? Blaze is a wonderful writer and has expressed a need and love of writing as per his own words (in thread 1).
I wonder if a conflict might be related to his disappearance.

That's what I'm hoping. I hoped earlier that he is somewhere applying to culinary schools and writing a best selling cookbook.

I think this driver/friend had to of known the bathrooms were kept unlocked. I’ve been in many different bathrooms (kids parks, state parks, beaches) in Orange County. And most all have some sort of gate thing that locks them. So the driver/friend either took a chance to incriminate himself( if they weren’t locked) or he knows they are kept unlocked. OR he really did use that bathroom there that night.
IMO

This case reminds me way too much of Macin Smith, Bryce L., and many other young adult males that go missing. Supposedly from good families, smart kids, etc. (these were not at risk youth per say). Something mentally happens during this age group it seems. My theory is he left on his own and too embarrassed to come back, as others have also theorized.

I also think the driver friend is being transparent, and its the parents that are not (for whatever reasons) and those reasons are pointing OCSD in a direction away from the friend.

If/when BB resurfaces, the "why he ran away" will be hush hush, the FB page will be shut down and the public will never know.

O/T:

(Yes, I bought up Macin here on this thread earlier today but I forgot to mention Bryce. I've seen Bryce's Disappeared episode come over my TV so many times and each and every time I watch it and cry. As I now do with Macin's episode too from last year. What was Bryce doing in that car for all those hours prior to his disappearance? He's out there somewhere. They both are).

Sorry for the OT guys.

I believe the driver/friend as of now...it just seems like too silly a story to make-up. The answers are in the social media conversations that can’t be accessed. Jmo

I used to think like that (and probably should in this case) that stories made up by perps would be straight forward and make them appear as innocent as possible. Then I encountered Wesley Mathew's and his ridiculous milk story.

I think this driver/friend had to of known the bathrooms were kept unlocked. I&#8217;ve been in many different bathrooms (kids parks, state parks, beaches) in Orange County. And most all have some sort of gate thing that locks them. So the driver/friend either took a chance to incriminate himself( if they weren&#8217;t locked) or he knows they are kept unlocked. OR he really did use that bathroom there that night.
IMO

or maybe he went back at 4am to see if they were locked... to develop his story

Sorry if repost

"She told ABC News the drone flew for one day and teams are now combing through that footage.

"It's a great technology," she told ABC News. "It's going to take a lot of time to go through all the data they collected."

"We are only just beginning," she said. "The world is a big place and we are hunting aggressively for answers."

"Carrie Braun, a spokeswoman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department, said any private drone search would be separate from the sheriff's office investigation. She added that Bernstein's disappearance is still considered an active missing person case."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/blaze-bern...-find-missing-upenn-student/story?id=52232836

"The use of drones to help find Bernstein and other missing people is just one form of new technology law enforcement is using to do their jobs, said former FBI Agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett.

Predictive analytics, closed-circuit television, GPS darts and even experimental facial recognition are among the new tools, he said. With predictive analytics, which Garrett said is used in a number of cities, "through algorithms you start to look at crimes and through analysis you're able to maybe hone down day, time, location, technique."

He said it can "help you figure out potentially who committed the crime and maybe more predicatively when they may strike again."

Closed-circuit television (CCTV) uses algorithms that can look for specific anomalies, while GPS darts can be shot toward, and latch onto, fleeing vehicles, Garrett said. And facial recognition -- which Garrett says is being used internationally but hasn't quite caught on in the United States -- can scan faces in a crowd and "give you some basic bio-metrics" to help search for a particular person.

There are privacy concerns, Garrett said, but "most systems have safe guards built in place."

The risk "should not stop us from developing it," he added. "As the world moves on, that's where were headed. Law enforcement has to keep up with technology.""

http://abcnews.go.com/US/blaze-bern...-find-missing-upenn-student/story?id=52232836

Can we cover the possible sighting of him on the 241? Has there been any reveal on where on the 241 he was possibly spotted? I'm wondering if we can figure that out, and determine what businesses or other buildings in the area that might have cameras.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...-Missing-Orange-County-Teenage-468211203.html
Witnesses say they saw someone matching Bernstein's height and weight walking along the southbound lanes of the 241 toll road in the disabled car lane at 5:40 a.m. Wednesday, Della Donna said.

That's what I'm hoping. I hoped earlier that he is somewhere applying to culinary schools and writing a best selling cookbook.

Hoping he DID take off to think things through, rather than harm himself over this possible conflict. He's only 19.....

I understand how suicide is a favorable opinion in this case and I agree, it's certainly a possibility. But why would he be involving other people? Usually we see our mispers, who in the end have committed suicide, go off on their own and seemingly vanish into thin air until their bodies are located. Not call their friends and go to parks where potentially there were other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member