Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this family has a millionS dollar trust so reward money is not issue, and are very supported by their religious community so this is a political ad....

Completely agree. Using BB to help his political career. Not surprised. :mad:

I checked out the OC call outs. It appears there was a disturbance on 1/2 at the shopping center across Borrego Park at around 2am... You can search "OC callouts lakeforest" on Twitter .... probably coincidence, but curious none the less.
3b8c253c2748edc893bb4ab6ec573723.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Friend, sugar daddy, relative, savings.
Anything is possible in this weird world.

Im just throwing this into the mix but is it possible he was going to fight some jerk that was picking on him or causing problems so they agreed to meet at the park to duke it out? Maybe something about money being owed and that's why he left without saying goodbye. That would explain why he didn't take his glasses and wallet, that glasses would get broken, perhaps wallet could get stolen. Wasn't it reported the friend said he was upset but it was removed?

I checked out the OC call outs. It appears there was a disturbance on 1/2 at the shopping center across Borrego Park at around 2am... You can search "OC callouts lakeforest" on Twitter .... probably coincidence, but curious none the less.
3b8c253c2748edc893bb4ab6ec573723.jpg

Sorry, I tried to crop and edit the screenshot but accidentally included the whole screen...

Im just throwing this into the mix but is it possible he was going to fight some jerk that was picking on him or causing problems so they agreed to meet at the park to duke it out? Maybe something about money being owed and that's why he left without saying goodbye. That would explain why he didn't take his glasses and wallet, that glasses would get broken, perhaps wallet could get stolen. Wasn't it reported the friend said he was upset but it was removed?

I don't see a 130 lbs, 5'8" Ivy League student brawling in the park.

It also attracts false leads. If the OCSD has actual leads as they're saying, they might not need more potential ones for detectives to follow up on.

There is no need for money when it comes to false leads. People with call LE anyway, even without offered money and present theories, suggestions, false leads. I've seen posts on social media, not only one, claiming they've seen Blaze since his disappearance. I'm pretty sure in most of the cases 95% of the calls LE gets are false leads presented by people fantasizing about things. Offering a reward could actually motivate that 5% to come forward and say something.

Is the park currently closed to the public while searches are going on?

Official searches ended yesterday. I would assume the park is now open to everyone.

There is no need for money when it comes to false leads. People with call LE anyway, even without offered money and present theories, suggestions, false leads. I've seen posts on social media, not only one, claiming they've seen Blaze since his disappearance. I'm pretty sure in most of the cases 95% of the calls LE gets are false leads presented by people fantasizing about things. Offering a reward could actually motivate that 5% to come forward and say something.

I think you're probably right. This "reward" still reeks of a city supervisor trying to use Blaze's disappearance for his own purposes, though.

Sorry, I tried to crop and edit the screenshot but accidentally included the whole screen...

What's interesting is that 4:03AM burglary alarm location is very close to the town center location. Looking on Google Maps you can travel on hiking/bike trails for majority of it and not be seen by passing cars. (granted not many at that time anyway)

Locals, if he did take his own life in that park, how likely is it that he wouldn't have been found by now? From what I'm inferring from reading here, the park is not huge. Not like when Lindsey Piccone went missing in Tyler Park in PA. That park is huge and it took a long time to find her because of dense foliage.

I don't see a 130 lbs, 5'8" Ivy League student brawling in the park.

Even if he was been bullied? I don't believe that's what happened but just bringing up new ideas while we wait for more info. Bullying and suicide go hand in hand along with stress and pressure.

I don't think he was even at the park. BB scent not detected to me that's very telling. It's a park that's well groomed and not many obstructions. I heard they used very good dogs SAR and cadaver dogs. No scent [emoji53]

But if you did not want to be seen, 5 minutes would work, wouldn't it?

The yellow pins suggest a path from the parking lot to the shopping center. If you left the parking lot running towards the trail head you would also be taking the path towards the shopping center, wouldn't you? Also note, the dark green area to the left is the trail. It appears to have many places you could hypothetically leave the trail and hike uphill to the neighoborhood. Just a thought.

attachment.php

I have been looking at the wrong park, i looked at this one.

Borrego Canyon Overlook Park
Viaggio Ln
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
United States

On google maps.

I understand how suicide is a favorable opinion in this case and I agree, it's certainly a possibility. But why would he be involving other people? Usually we see our mispers, who in the end have committed suicide, go off on their own and seemingly vanish into thin air until their bodies are located. Not call their friends and go to parks where potentially there were other people.
His family home is literally one block away from access to Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park, and Red Rock Canyon. Why take a ride with a friend and run into a different section of the woods when he could have sneaked out quietly and just disappeared?

I highly doubt he harmed himself.

I've seen a lot of mention about how the family is being "secretive" and withholding information to their peril.

I disagree.

LE is actively investigating this case. They know much more than we do and they know what they're doing. Revealing info is often the stupidest thing they can do in an investigation. I'm sure the family is following LE's instructions and if there is something the public should know, we will know.

Yes, sometimes LE does a poor job investigating such matters but that's not typical and certainly not when there's a lot of public interest in the case. And usually there are signs when LE is dropping the ball. But it looks like they're working hard here.

I think the help the family wants from the public is to report any information or sightings and to spread the word.

I would love more info but I don't think that's unreasonable.

How would he be able to do that without ID and money?

We know he left his wallet but we don't know if he has been stashing cash, has his passport, birth certificate or he could have possibly ordered a duplicate ID.

It has already been established that he is a smart cookie. I think a lot of these things could have been taken care of beforehand if he planned it. His parents only initially spoke about what he left but they have not updated publicly what else was left and missing.

Locals, if he did take his own life in that park, how likely is it that he wouldn't have been found by now? From what I'm inferring from reading here, the park is not huge. Not like when Lindsey Piccone went missing in Tyler Park in PA. That park is huge and it took a long time to find her because of dense foliage.

I think they were also looking up in the Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park, which is huge. The trailhead for the Wilderness Park starts near Borrego Park and the Foothill Ranch Elementary School.

Even if he was been bullied? I don't believe that's what happened but just bringing up new ideas while we wait for more info. Bullying and suicide go hand in hand along with stress and pressure.

I don't think he was even at the park. BB scent not detected to me that's very telling. It's a park that's well groomed and not many obstructions. I heard they used very good dogs SAR and cadaver dogs. No scent [emoji53]

Could it be possible that the friend dropped him off thinking he was meeting someone in the park and the friend went to the bathroom and that BB met someone at their car and got in it and left and that's why there isn't a scent? I would imagine that they would have picked up something if he got out and walked around any where though.

So I'm sure that his cell phone will hold the clues of where he really was since it will have a last ping. Since he wasn't the owner of the phone I'm sure his relative can just give permission for them to access phone records without a warrant right or it should be faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee