Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The hyoid bone is 1 cm thick so you couldn’t hang anybody up using that bone alone. So the significance of drilling into it is unclear to me. Unless there are similar looking holes in other bones.

Sorry for going there but putting it into the suspension torture context seems relevant.

I'm not at all an expert, so definitely take this with a grain of salt (and if someone who knows more than I do can weigh in, I'd appreciate it), but I would be kind of surprised if a hyoid bone could be drilled into without shattering. Maybe they're a bit tougher when it's not skeletal remains, but I majored in anthropology and spent a lot of time in the forensic anthro lab as an undergrad, and most of the remains we worked with didn't even have extant hyoid bones anymore because they're so fragile, and when we did find one we had to be so careful to keep it from breaking just from being handled.

Again, not an expert, and the remains I worked with were a few hundred years old or older, plus it's been 20 years, so maybe I'm way off here.

... or he took, what he meant would be a casual stance? Young, snappy, casual?
Above is a reply to below And I'd agree with both. He seems adaptable. Perhaps trying to blend in and not be noticed, he might slump down a bit to appear more average sized, and the casual stance in a party situation makes perfect sense. He managed to camouflage himself for years, so undoubtedly had learned to "blend in" in many situations.
Although RH may have used his large size to intimidate others, he might on occasion adapt a stance to appear shorter, imo, speculation.

Shannan’s body was exposed to Atlantic coastal damp marsh conditions for 2 Summers, and one freezing Winter.
Her remains, likely just bones after 18 months, were exposed to predation of mammals, rodents, birds, crabs, marsh creatures and insects, any of which could damage bones and/or cause the “drill” hole, including the Larder Beetle which burrows (creates holes) into dry bone to lay eggs. Only bones remain due to location of body & predation, predation is where the body tissue gets consumed, can’t expect no related damage.
Can’t exclude the cyst medical condition.
Pathology test could not conclude presence of absence of drugs.
Broken wing of hyoid not conclusive. Absence of “larynx” normal as it’s not bone.
No one will ever prove, or disprove murder, hypothermia, overdose, accidental drowning from her remains …

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back