Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The hyoid bone is 1 cm thick so you couldn’t hang anybody up using that bone alone. So the significance of drilling into it is unclear to me. Unless there are similar looking holes in other bones.

Sorry for going there but putting it into the suspension torture context seems relevant.

I'm not at all an expert, so definitely take this with a grain of salt (and if someone who knows more than I do can weigh in, I'd appreciate it), but I would be kind of surprised if a hyoid bone could be drilled into without shattering. Maybe they're a bit tougher when it's not skeletal remains, but I majored in anthropology and spent a lot of time in the forensic anthro lab as an undergrad, and most of the remains we worked with didn't even have extant hyoid bones anymore because they're so fragile, and when we did find one we had to be so careful to keep it from breaking just from being handled.

Again, not an expert, and the remains I worked with were a few hundred years old or older, plus it's been 20 years, so maybe I'm way off here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theatreteach17
Back