Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If muddy, could he have fallen down a ravine? Does that park have ravines?

An adult is free to live their life how they choose, as long as it's within the limits of the law. If anyone over 18 chooses to disappear themselves, it's their right and no one's business (although rude, hurtful and scary for those left behind to run off without telling anyone).

Did LE check every inch of home; attic etc basement if there is one? Did they check all trees at park? And are there any meds missing from the home? I have questions like these.

VERY good question!

I'm surprised I didn't think of it before...

as I am a huge proponent of thoroughly searching the home from which a missing person disappeared ...

I know it is unsettling to the home owners...

but clues can emerge...
Aside from just the computer/technology angle...

JMO...

Remember, there is a park (where we are told he disappeared from) and the Whiting Ranch wilderness area. The latter, yes, has ravines, thick brush, some trees, etc. I hike that area all the time, as recently as the day prior (Jan. 1st), and it was very dry when Blaze disappeared. No mud. at. all. Now, though, I suspect it's becoming a muddy mess.

- Suicide Motive... stress/breakdown. It is known BB was less than a week away from going back to school. A highly competitive Ivy League university. Far away from home. As a 19 year old, this would generally be considered stressful. BB was studying psychology with a minor in chemistry, with a "pre-med focus", per his father. This is a challenging course of study. Further, his line of study is in stark contrast and polar opposite to BB's own personally stated and well-documented interests and passions. Namely... writing, cooking, and music. This juxtaposition provides additional tension and rationale background for the most probable scenario stated. Suicide. This is my opinion only based on all known facts and available information.

RSBM

I'm not so sure it's suicide. But I've been thinking a lot about this aspect of it -- that he was recently named managing editor of Penn Appetit (a very big deal!) and was on the 2016-17 editorial staff of the literary magazine, Penn Review (not sure if he still is). He had published work in The Bangalore Review (a respected literary journal) and was a talented writer. He had a passion for writing and for food and had just cooked dinner for his family the night he disappeared.

That's not necessarily incompatible with chemistry/pre-med. (I'm a writer and the editor of a literary magazine, too -- and also have a love of science.) However, given that he was a sophomore at an Ivy League school, with many pressures on him pulling him in various directions, that is a whole lot to handle, for anyone. And especially so when you may not be doing what your heart tells you (writing/editng/food) but rather what your family expects (just speculating on all of this, including family expectations, of course).

I'm not sure he even planned ahead to leave. But his friend said that Blaze was upset that night -- and maybe something went wrong at the park, whatever it was (and argument with the friend?), spurring him to get away from there. It could have been spur of the moment.

(I don't see asking someone to drive you to the park just so you can disappear there.)

I don't know if the guy seen walking down the toll road was Blaze -- but if it was, I think that may mean that either he left voluntarily for a while (the question is -- where would he go?) or that he made a more dire choice.

I hope that Blaze is alive and that he is found soon. I'm not so sure but am sure holding out hope.

I don't think he's willingly missing. I did, until I read that he was shopping online that very day, not long before he left.
Now, I guess that would change if I found out he was ordering gifts for people, that would be delivered after he disappeared as a kind of 'goodbye' gift or something.
I can't imagine someone ordering things to be delivered when they know they won't be there to get them.

I live locally and it's raining very, very hard right now. That wilderness (Whiting Ranch) area will be very muddy, may even experience some mud slides. But I'm not convinced he was ever in that wilderness area. I hope he's ok and is found safe and sound.

I'm not convinced he was in Whiting either.

I would like to make one clarification about SnapChat. While it indeed usually does not save chats, there is the option to do so. If I receive a message from someone, I can save it in our chat thread. Additionally, you can also set your phone to save all of your chats. I know a number of my friends who do this because, especially if you use the app a lot, you tend to forget what you were discussing (literally happens to me like every other day).

To add my own personal experience, I have met people from dating apps before and usually use SnapChat as the initial mode of communication outside the dating app since it seems less personal, more of a social media platform, and I can usually "hide" my true identity (they can only identify me via my username, which is an alias). Using this platform allows me to block people if they turn out to be sketchy (and I never have to hear from them again) and leaves essentially no trace (unless I/they choose to save conversations).

I hope this helps!

It would be muddy only in the last 24-36 hours since the rain started. When he went missing it would have been very dry.

I would like to make one clarification about SnapChat. While it does indeed usually does not save chats, there is the option to do so. If I receive a message from someone, I can save it in our chat thread. Additionally, you can also set your phone to save all of your chats. I know a number of my friends who do this because, especially if you use the app a lot, you tend to forget what you were discussing (literally happens to me like every other day).

To add my own personal experience, I have met people from dating apps before and usually use SnapChat as the initial mode of communication outside the dating app since it seems less personal, more of a social media platform, and I can usually "hide" my true identity (they can only identify me via my username, which is an alias). Using this platform allows me to block people if they turn out to be sketchy (and I never have to hear from them again) and leaves essentially no trace (unless I/they choose to save conversations).

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. I believe I have been told that before by a friend that uses it. Gah! All these new apps and social media, I am getting too old to keep up!
This isn't the first case I've read here that includes Snapchat. I guess it's time for me to 'learn' it. Like Instagram, Twitter, etc. I don't use them but have tried to learn about them in my sleuthing.
Twitter still confuses me though. LOL

(I don't see asking someone to drive you to the park just so you can disappear there.)

RSBM

This point has come up several times so I'm just using your post to address it with a thought I had - Blaze might have wanted to say Goodbye to the driver friend. Probably without telling him that he planned to disappear or worse, but just to see him once again, one last time. This would explain him being upset and also the reporting that he disappeared suddenly ("ran off"), like he had to quickly pull himself away from this emotional situation or he might lose his resolve.

ETA: He might have told the friend he's gonna meet someone in the Whiting Park but never actually went there.

Thanks for the info. I believe I have been told that before by a friend that uses it. Gah! All these new apps and social media, I am getting too old to keep up!
This isn't the first case I've read here that includes Snapchat. I guess it's time for me to 'learn' it. Like Instagram, Twitter, etc. I don't use them but have tried to learn about them in my sleuthing.
Twitter still confuses me though. LOL
You 'n' me both, Midge. I'm honestly embarrassed to admit how uneducated I am about many of the most widely used platforms. I could tell you all about Candy Crush though. Ha!

In response to the 241 questions ...

I believe it was reported he was possibly seen headed north on the southbound side. It would be fairly easy to do this as many streets run underneath the 241 and a simple climb up an embankment.

From where I read he was seen ... coming up out of the brush. There is a large shopping center that runs between Lake Forest and Alton (with Bake parkway in the middle) along the 241. Closest to Alton there is a Walmart ... next over would be a movie theater. As I recall it was reported that he may have been seen coming up from Bake parkway area ... there wouldn't be any cameras that would have caught him most likely. Walking along the southbound lanes even further establishes that as any cameras from businesses would be on the north bound lanes.

The 241 drops closest into the 133 (there was a reported possible sighting of him on the 133 at El Toro which is several miles). The 133 next hits the 5 freeway, then the 405 and eventually into Laguna Beach (which if the El Toro Road sighting was accurate would indicate headed towards Laguna). It's a pretty long path but not out of the question.

RSBM

This point has come up several times so I'm just using your post to address it with a thought I had - Blaze might have wanted to say Goodbye to the driver friend. Probably without telling him that he planned to disappear or worse, but just to see him once again, one last time. This would explain him being upset and also the reporting that he disappeared suddenly ("ran off"), like he had to quickly pull himself away from this emotional situation or he might lose his resolve.
Wow. I sure hadn't considered that scenario. Gives me pause.

But...I go back to the driver's failure to follow up on his missing friend. That's one of those points I find hard to reconcile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee