Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
gosh, I hope it was him on the 241.
Basically going nuts, hoping he is alive.

Where does 241 lead to?

Lots of posts have been removed.

Reminders:

If you have a viable lead or tip, contact the police. Do NOT post it on Websleuths for public viewing in case there are POIs/suspects who may be reading the threads. Such posts get removed and are off-limits for discussion.

Anyone can say anything on the internet. Comments such as “I heard from a friend” or “somebody told me”, etc are off-limits at Websleuths because they are hearsay/rumor, cannot be substantiated and they will be removed.

Other than a social media page belonging to MSM, LE, or a victim or suspect, comments from social media are not allowed for discussion. We have no way of verifying who these people are or if what they are claiming is true.

Please take time to read The Rules or face your post being removed or even worse … a timeout to familiarize yourself with The Rules that Websleuths has in place.

The threads are dedicated to discussion of the case at hand, so if you have a question about The Rules, please send a PM to a Mod or Admin to enquire rather than posting your questions on the thread.

:tyou:

It also attracts false leads. If the OCSD has actual leads as they're saying, they might not need more potential ones for detectives to follow up on.

respectfully, my view is, the possibility of a crackpot calling in a false tip shouldn't eliminate the potential of drawing out a good one.
Half a million was offered for the missing eilene park.. nothing came of it, but the family tried.
https://www.dailynews.com/2017/12/1...ark-la-crescenta-woman-missing-since-january/

I thought the same thing, I found the photo of them at the park odd, even the pose. Just seemed, I dunno, staged?

And the female attorney friend, who was making statements to the press just as the story was first being reported.

Yes, the pose through me off a bit.

There is no need for money when it comes to false leads. People with call LE anyway, even without offered money and present theories, suggestions, false leads. I've seen posts on social media, not only one, claiming they've seen Blaze since his disappearance. I'm pretty sure in most of the cases 95% of the calls LE gets are false leads presented by people fantasizing about things. Offering a reward could actually motivate that 5% to come forward and say something.

I also think that if he left on his own the reward wouldn't really work. Do people post rewards for adult runways?

On a completely different topic. If he was with friend #1 at the park, friend #1 went to the restroom and Blaze disappeared would friend #1 have have heard a struggle or yelling if there was some sort of altercation?

The actual disappearance is different, yet all I can think of is Bryce Laspida. I hope and pray it doesn't have the same course. Bryce still hasn't been found.

I’m surprised we really haven’t heard from law enforcement except for a Facebook comment saying they are still searching. With the amount of publicity I was hoping for a press conference or at least another update.

What is the weather like there the past few days?

Recent Burn areas are flooding. Eight deaths in northern CA from floods today

I’m surprised we really haven’t heard from law enforcement except for a Facebook comment saying they are still searching. With the amount of publicity I was hoping for a press conference or at least another update.

I hope my gut feeling is right about the reason for the lack of any new details or lack any presser, etc.
In my opinion, LE is making good headway on this. If they were stumped, at a week out, they'd be trickling out more information.
At least that is what I have noticed in so many cases here over the years.
I haven't seen them asking citizens to check their outbuildings and property. I haven't seen requests for much at all, in fact, from LE.
Disclaimer: They may have asked that and I just haven't seen the article at this point.

IMO, they will either find him soon or they will start feeding the public more bits of info, carefully and subtly crafted toward either BB (if they think he pulled a runner) or to whomever they suspect had a hand in his disappearance.

I live locally and it's raining very, very hard right now. That wilderness (Whiting Ranch) area will be very muddy, may even experience some mud slides. But I'm not convinced he was ever in that wilderness area. I hope he's ok and is found safe and sound.

General question here for experienced websluethers or anyone that knows:

If a person decides to run away is it a crime? For example in the Blaze case, if he decided he wanted a fresh start and no association with family can he run away without legal repercussion? If the LE determine there is no evidence of foul play then what happens to the privacy of the person? If Blaze decided to run away being a legal adult would his parents be able to access his information? I guess kind of like where is the line between search and rescue and privacy when it comes to these situations?

In a perfect world a person should have the decency to inform their loved ones if they want to part with them and their loved ones should accept that choice but we don't live in a perfect world so I am curious how this works.

You mean like a HS teacher student relationship? That does happen unfortunately.

Yes...

Could be a high school teacher or mentor of Blaze's....

perhaps they remained friends after Blaze graduated from high school...

I was thinking this driver may be older than Blaze...

All are just thoughts passing through my brain...

among many others...

:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads