Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A news source reported that Bernstein's father said he received two independent calls on Jan. 3 at around 5 a.m. notifying him of a potential sighting of Bernstein on a nearby highway. http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...upenn-penn-orange-county-student-philadelphia Is there another account of when he was noticed missing?

Good catch! Here's the other account:

"After dinner, everyone took off and as far as we knew, he was up in his room," he said. "We didn't even really know he was gone until the next day. We figured he slept in.

The father said that when his son failed to show for a dental appointment, the family became concerned and came to realize he was missing."

Source https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...-Missing-Orange-County-Teenage-468211203.html

I just want want to thank you because this post jarred my memory. I completely forgot to pay the toll from last Friday and I only had 5 days until you know how much it can turn into. Whew

It's such a scam. So many people forget to go online to pay the toll and there's no way to pay cash. Then they jack up the fine to insane amounts. It's happened to me a few times.

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...upenn-penn-orange-county-student-philadelphia Has anyone read this article? I wasn't sure if it has been mentioned previously.

It's a rather well written and extremely disconcerting article. The Father's responses are very strange. It would definitely imo be worth a call to the author to see if she actually interviewed the Father. It would be quite bold of her to have written those reponses without having sourced them directly. Although who knows these days, maybe she's practicing for the big leagues.

I suppose if we knew which cell towers in the area and which carrier phone and towers or maybe it roamed and will use the same cell tower.

Didn't I read it only had wifi no carrier service? That the phone used the free wifi the park offers.

This is crazy LE needs a presser to update on a few details so there isn't so much confusion. I know they cant tell us all they have but a few details would be nice.

bbm That was only our speculation stemming from confusing reporting (once again).

No scent of him at park.
I doubt the restroom was open that late at night.
Very telling.
I think these are not truths.
Blaze left with friend. Blaze is nowhere to be found.
That's all we know.
Where did they go?

I'm surprised LE has not searched the house after calling off the search in the park. If Blaze is not in the park he could be anywhere. Maybe he walked home. Molly Miller comes to mind.

I'm surprised LE has not searched the house after calling off the search in the park. If Blaze is not in the park he could be anywhere. Maybe he walked home. Molly Miller comes to mind.

Yes. I had mentioned this earlier. Maybe he walked home. However, the dogs still would have picked up his scent if he walked home from the park. So, I don't think he got out of the car at the park. I don't think his friend went to the locked public restroom there either. But, I do believe his friend was at the park at some point for some reason that had to do with Blaze.
And I do wonder if they have searched the home or will soon.

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...upenn-penn-orange-county-student-philadelphia Has anyone read this article? I wasn't sure if it has been mentioned previously.

Quoting from the article: "We have to do everything in our power to try to get this young brilliant man back to us” Bernstein’s father said" (I have put the word in bold myself)

This sentence and a previous one where his father emphasized BB significantly contributed to the latest issue of the magazine he had been assigned managing editor duties for.

Apologies in advance if I sound cruel but I am not even part of this family and I find it tiring, this emphasis on portraying an image of perfection and all the energy they seem to put into that. Perfection does not exist, we all have our flaws.

I have read the entire thread, this and the previous one, and all I can feel is sadness. It all sounds like pressure, pressure, pressure... I really hope BB will be found alive.

Does anyone else think it is odd that are 8 investigators assigned to this case? That seems like a lot for a voluntary disappearance or even if they suspected suicide.

https://patch.com/california/lakefo...tigators-follow-leads-missing-college-student.

I think there's just a lot of pressure on the OCSD to find Blaze. The OCSD hasn't ruled out that he's still alive, but I think they know that the longer he isn't found the lower the odds of him returning safely.

Quoting from the article: "We have to do everything in our power to try to get this young brilliant man back to us” Bernstein’s father said" (I have put the word in bold myself)

This sentence and a previous one where his father emphasized BB significantly contributed to the latest issue of the magazine he had been assigned managing editor duties for.

Apologies in advance if I sound cruel but I am not even part of this family and I find it tiring, this emphasis on portraying an image of perfection and all the energy they seem to put into that. Perfection does not exist, we all have our flaws.

I have read the entire thread, this and the previous one, and all I can feel is sadness. It all sounds like pressure, pressure, pressure... I really hope BB will be found alive.

Respectfully, I think you're reading too much into this. It's his kid and his kid is missing, of course he's going to talk him up and blather on about Blaze's brilliance and contributions to whatever.

Respectfully, I think you're reading too much into this. It's his kid and his kid is missing, of course he's going to talk him up and blather on about Blaze's brilliance and contributions to whatever.

It is not realistic DAnthrplgst and it does not help in the investigation either. Imho.

I think the parents just want to show off a strong image because they have two more kids. On the other hand some people do realize that constant hysteria, panic does not really help in cases like this. People have different coping mechanisms. I've seen people laughing when tragedy happens, I've seen people painting, writing etc. finding activities to keep their brains busy and clear somehow. In this case they can't let down the other two kids, and if none of the family members are involved in Blaze's disappearance (I'm not excluding anything at this point), then they really need their parents now. Also, the mother seems to be the moral high of the family. She seems to be very calculated, very protective when it comes to the family's morals. I've seen cases where parents were crying their eyes out on television, yet they turned out to be the reason of the disappearance.

I think the parents just want to show off a strong image because they have two more kids. On the other hand some people do realize that constant hysteria, panic does not really help in cases like this. People have different coping mechanisms. I've seen people laughing when tragedy happens, I've seen people painting, writing etc. finding activities to keep their brains busy and clear somehow. In this case they can't let down the other two kids, and if none of the family members are involved in Blaze's disappearance (I'm not excluding anything at this point), then they really need their parents now. Also, the mother seems to be the moral high of the family. She seems to be very calculated, very protective when it comes to the family's morals. I've seen cases where parents were crying their eyes out on television, yet they turned out to be the reason of the disappearance.

I really hope that is the case GlowingShadow and I understand what you wrote about people having different coping mechanisms. I have been feeling uncomfortable about all of this since that photo where they appeared smiling and perfectly dressed up and I just wished to express my opinion, nothing else.

What I just hope is that at the end of the day, behind the scenes -not in front of the cameras and for the articles on the newspapers- they are providing police forces any tiny bit of information even if they think it is not important or it could be potentially awkward, embarrassing etc. let the police forces decide what is relevant and what is not, they are the ones who know after all.

I have missed hearing more about BB's personality rather than his accomplishments. I would have loved for them to be on TV saying things like "You know, he can be goofy sometimes..." "He once forgot his keys at home" "He loves doing voluntary work"etc... little details about him as a person.

At this stage I do not know what happened to him but I am hoping parents would also mention to the police forces if they think someone felt envy towards the family, any resentful former business partners in the area etc... As I said above, any tiny bit of information.

Hoping for good news about this young man.

It is not realistic DAnthrplgst and it does not help in the investigation either. Imho.

It isn't his job to be concerned with the investigation, that's what LE is for. His job is to get Blaze home and to reassure his boy that he is loved, valued and respected.

Why would they he have to cancel his flight? It's unlikely he would turn up, well as can be and want to fly immediately but I would want to hold on to everything I can that he might just return for. :thinking:.

Maybe I'm just tired and being pessimistic.

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...upenn-penn-orange-county-student-philadelphia

Depending on the airline, there might be a refund for cancellations made within a certain time frame prior to the departure but if a person just pulls a no-show there is zero refund.

In the parents defense, they cancelled his flight on Saturday, probably 24 hours before the flight was scheduled to leave. Even if Blaze walked in the door after they cancelled, as a parent I would want to check and make sure Blaze is healthy enough to return to school at that point. I wouldn't send my child across the country the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee