Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched all the videos except one CBS one that cuts off half way thru: seems the first 2 videos the storyline is BB ran into the wilderness leaving driver friend in the car bewildered and the story then changes to BB walked into the park to meet a 3rd friend. Maybe they got more info as time passed.

My gut feeling is that something went down in the park bathroom. I admit there's a problem with that scenario, being that no scent was found by the dogs. (or was that no scent was found in Whiting Ranch?) But I have to believe that the authorities would have not spent so much time searching that area if they did not have some kind of proof BB was there (like the GPS tracking on his phone prior to 11:30 pm). Your scenario would work as well, that something happened, but not in the park. I just have to ask, why the massive search in the park?

The dogs did not hit on his scent in the park. Had he been there, surely the dogs would have alerted and indicated as much. It was stated in MSM by LE that the dogs found nothing.

Yet as you said, LE made a great presence in that park. It had to be based on something. But at the same thing time, the dogs say he wasn't there. I wonder what the reason for that would be? Dogs can follow the path of a car someone is riding in, so why couldn't these dogs find a scent of Blaze on foot?

(I'm 30-something posts behind, but I just wanted to ask while I'm downstream...) Do we have confirmation he's already moved into his new apartment? Seems the mother mentioned more than just "excited about new apartment," but further details didn't stick with me. I apologize if this has already been broached.

Iirc he was about to move when he got back.

"They" is the grammatically correct term to indicate Blaze and his friend.

But father was talking about the friend only.

I watched all the videos except one CBS one that cuts off half way thru: seems the first 2 videos the storyline is BB ran into the wilderness leaving driver friend in the car bewildered and the story then changes to BB walked into the park to meet a 3rd friend. Maybe they got more info as time passed.

I wonder if a bottle of Fireball Whisky would help me sort out this confusion. Dating myself here, but for any 70's teens out there that watched Soap- "Confused? You won't be after this week's episode!".

With that, I bade everybody a good night!

The dogs did not hit on his scent in the park. Had he been there, surely the dogs would have alerted and indicated as much. It was stated in MSM by LE that the dogs found nothing.

Yet as you said, LE made a great presence in that park. It had to be based on something. But at the same thing time, the dogs say he wasn't there. I wonder what the reason for that would be? Dogs can follow the path of a car someone is riding in, so why couldn't these dogs find a scent of Blaze on foot?

I’m fairly certain the last location his phone pinged off of was on the trail in Whiting Ranch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I believe this transitional dynamic is handled in a thousand different ways across family cultures.

College students are away from home and the glaring eye of Mom and Dad for the first one time in their lives. Yet even though adults per se, they are still children. They get their first taste of freedom, a time to make their own decisions and be independent. Yet in many ways, they are not so independent. They are not supporting themselves. At least kids like my son and Blaze aren't.

I made my son get a job in his second year of school and it was the best decision I made. He managed his time better, and got better grades.

When you have a child away at school, whose finances are still so tied to you, what they do or don't do affects the parent.

I sent my son away to college when he was 18 in another state. He lived with his sister and her husband off campus.

We paid his tuition, bought all his books, paid his living expenses. I would make his doctor and dental appointments for him for when he was home on break, and many times I took him to those appointments. Mostly because he was still on our insurance and I had to settle the bills for it. I also wanted to spend time with him when he was home.

When he was home, he lived by our rules. He had to let us know where he was and when he was coming home because we needed to know if we locked the doors or not. We also wanted to know when he wasn't coming home for the same reason. It was a courtesy. He graduated at 23 and up until then, his rules were the same.

Now, when he went to college, it was before everyone had cell phones. But if he would have had one, it would have been on our plan.

Yes he was an adult. But he was also a child in our financial pocket, his life being financed by us so he needed to answer to us until he graduated, and got a job of his own and got off our health & car insurance, IRS status for student loans, etc.

Parents make a financial investment of their own money to send their child to college. They don't want anything going wrong to mess with that investment. So the child is accountable until they are on their own.

I do know that the college saw it a bit different, inasmuch as his grades were sent to him and we only knew what they were if he told us. I called the college once to ask that his grades, like the tuition bill be sent to us and they said no.

This is just some insight for those who keep asking why the parents seem to have control over much of Blaze's life, I.e. His phone and other things.

You did a good job with your Son. That's how it should be I had the same rules with my boys that went to college and moved out on their own. They always respected our rules while here. I appreciated that they were usually respectful to let us know so we could lock up and turn on the burglar alarm. I would know if my boys didn't come home at night. I might by overprotective but oh well.

Mmmh good point. Maybe the park search ensued because his phone pinged in the park? And dogs are not infallible, LE would know that and not call off a search because of their findings, or lack thereof, if something else (the phone location) indicates Blaze might have been there.

But father was talking about the friend only.
It may not be grammatically correct, but lots of people use "they" when referring to one person.

And, although it's less common, some people also prefer to be referred to by the pronoun "they" rather than "he" or "she."

I’m fairly certain the last location his phone pinged off of was on the trail in Whiting Ranch

I know there has been talk about the last phone communication at 11:30 pm, then the phone shut off, and I imagine it had to have pinged in order to do that, but I don't recall seeing anything about the ping location in MSM. No doubt I missed it since it's been referred to several times here. You wouldn't happen to have the link to that would you? Thanks in advance.

BB's Dad might be controlling? That's weird he did that. I found a group photo on the HFBB of GB with the Drone pilots that did the search with a big smile on his face. I'm thinking what the heck? Your son has been missing 7 days and you have a big grin for the camera. That doesn't sit well with me. Im sorry it's odd behavior.

I totally did the same thing. And there is another picture of his parents at the park that same day and if I didn’t know better I would have thought it was just a nice pic of a couple hugging.

Mmmh good point. Maybe the park search ensued because his phone pinged in the park? And dogs are not infallible, LE would know that and not call off a search because of their findings, or lack thereof, if something else (the phone location) indicates Blaze might have been there.

True. I just wish it was clearer as to why LE searched the park for any reason besides Driver/Buddy with three versions of what happened there's word.

Once again, where did the ping information come from that his phone pinged in the park?

A news source reported that Bernstein's father said he received two independent calls on Jan. 3 at around 5 a.m. notifying him of a potential sighting of Bernstein on a nearby highway. http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...upenn-penn-orange-county-student-philadelphia Is there another account of when he was noticed missing?

Hmmm. Two different calls? Two different sightings? That's interesting. So I wonder if LE followed up on those. This could be very important to his location.

Is it just speculation at this point that they were at the Apple store for BB's phone?? The dad didn't mention in his post the reason he was there.

Yes.
My thinking behind that is...
1. Unless it’s directly related to my missing son, no way are you going to hear me say “we had to go to the Apple store”
2. Why would he all of the sudden decide to send something Blaze had written, right after being at the Apple store?

Of course I could be completely wrong.

A news source reported that Bernstein's father said he received two independent calls on Jan. 3 at around 5 a.m. notifying him of a potential sighting of Bernstein on a nearby highway. http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...upenn-penn-orange-county-student-philadelphia Is there another account of when he was noticed missing?

Must be poorly written. Every other article about the calls say that people saw a man matching his description walking on the 241 on the 3rd.
I don’t believe they were reported until the 4th or 5th.

Then by now LE must be knowing whether it was Blaze walking there that night or not. And since they spent so much resources on searching the large park, I guess it turned out not to be Blaze.

i seriously can not imagine someone walking on the toll road. The speed of the cars is insane. I’m originally from Philadelphia and it’s not the max speed of 55, out here it is 75. I also think someone would have called highway patrol if it was true and they would have come out right away. I just find it hard to believe but that’s just my opinion I could be completely wrong

According to other reports the family only realized Blaze is missing when he didn't turn up for his dental appointment on Jan 3 at 3pm. This report got the dates muddled up I guess. The sighting was at 5am, that's probably what was meant.

Doesn't mean that the phone was in BB hands. Anyone could pickup that phone and use it if powered on with location services enabled. It will ping even if on the dirt trail or in a bush as long as it's on. A homeless person can pick it up and start texting. This case is such a mystery. Like Seajay said dogs can pickup scent of someone in a car. Maybe the only scent in that park was the friends. I still am feeling this is a homicide just like how I felt about Aramazd Andressian who killed his own sweet young son with his bare hands after taking him to Disneyland. Heartbreaking. [emoji26]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3