Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband, former police officer, went by the elementary school and park tonight. Husband said a command post was set up in the back of the school and the park's parking lot was closed. There was a police cruiser inside the park, parked on the grass field pointed toward the playground with it's lights on. Officers were in the playground looking for something. Husband got the impression that they were looking for something specific in one small area of the playground.

Maybe they're searching for the phone? Didn't the reports say that the last text was made at 11:30 PM, and then it was shut off along with the location turned off?

Is it still raining down there? It is up here in Pasadena area.
Whatever they are looking for, it must be pretty swampy conditions.

No, not raining. We got about 2 inches in the last 24 hours. Just a little drizzle now.

I think she is referring to this
http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...county-upenn-penn-philadelphia-missing-person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from link:

Before leaving for winter break, Bernstein was appointed as managing editor for Penn Appetit, a food publication at Penn. Bernstein's father sent Penn Appetit's executive director, Wharton sophomore Rachel Prokupek, a text message from Bernstein's phone with the notes Bernstein had taken in preparation for the Penn Appetit agenda the following semester.

"Penn Appetit is thinking of him," Prokupek said. "We're keeping him in our thoughts. We're hoping he returns to our team and our club and we're really excited to work on the magazine with him because that's what he's really excited to do."

Ahem...OKAY....why the heck did the father have BB's phone? If BB had to borrow one from a relative, then how did Dad get access to the original phone with the editorial notes?

I don't get that at all.....

Maybe they're searching for the phone? Didn't the reports say that the last text was made at 11:30 PM, and then it was shut off along with the location turned off?

Maybe looking for the phone. I am 99% sure the playground has pretty thick wood chips as ground cover. Not sand. There are some bushes in the area, but a searchable amount and not overly dense.

It's not too far about 20 min. I believe up to 8 died in the flash floods, a lot still missing and over 25 injured that was a few hours ago it's probably gone up since I got home from work. All the big fires we had recently well the burn areas flooded.

Yeah and we have whole cities of homeless people living on the channel banks. I'm guessing it's probably someone who lived there. Very sad.

I personally don’t find the phone thing that big of a deal, with his dad using his phone . I think things happen all the time with phones and there could be a handful of reason he did not have his personal phone. Whether it was an Parental control reason, out of state number for Pa, getting a new one, maybe getting a good one for his new writing job , getting one fixed, who knows. I think what’s more boggling is not knowing what that last text said to the friend and also the sudden location services being turned off.

he doesnt pay for his own phone, does he...and that must be part of the reason, possibly.

Maybe looking for the phone. I am 99% sure the playground has pretty thick wood chips as ground cover. Not sand. There are some bushes in the area, but a searchable amount and not overly dense.

I'm assuming it is wet there right now, with the rain you folks had. That wasn't the area they searched by foot by any chance? Sorry, I'm an East Coaster who is terrible with maps. Thanks so much for all the great info you've been giving us, it's much appreciated!

I personally don’t find the phone thing that big of a deal, with his dad using his phone . I think things happen all the time with phones and there could be a handful of reason he did not have his personal phone. Whether it was an Parental control reason, out of state number for Pa, getting a new one, maybe getting a good one for his new writing job , getting one fixed, who knows. I think what’s more boggling is not knowing what that last text said to the friend and also the sudden location services being turned off.

But whatever the reason, that phone should be with the detectives right now, not with his parents sending things he wrote off to others.

JMO :cow:

Re: dad sending text from son’s phone. I admit, this raises my eyebrows too.

1. Why text from the son’s phone that is allegedly broken? The whole phone thing is very bizarre.

2. Do you really take time to do this while your kid is missing?

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...county-upenn-penn-philadelphia-missing-person

7a8f7fb6ef8a46ace392725d7a508a07.jpg

BB's Dad might be controlling? That's weird he did that. I found a group photo on the HFBB of GB with the Drone pilots that did the search with a big smile on his face. I'm thinking what the heck? Your son has been missing 7 days and you have a big grin for the camera. That doesn't sit well with me. Im sorry it's odd behavior.

I agree with ADDmommy. I live further south in OC about 25 minutes from the Lake Forest area. I frequently take the 241 out to the desert. I have never seen anyone walking on it and would be very concerned if I did!

Is there a trail nearby? There are a few highways here that have trails, sometimes old rail lines that have been converted, that parallel the Interstate.

this has been mentioned many times, my 2 cents on this., i personally am not in my teens but in my 40's and my friends do not know my address and these are friends of 5 plus years; it doesn't make a person any less a 'friend' in any capacity imho
another area of concern with me is the assumption by a few that keep stating his meds that he needs to take daily are for depression etc., I personally have to take medication daily for type 2 diabetes without it I don't function well, there are many medications that a person could be taking on a daily basis that have nothing what so ever to do with their mind i hope i have not offended anyone but had to finally speak up

Good point. One of my teenage sons takes anti-seizure medication daily. I also agree about the address situation. I don't think it's that big of a deal not to know a friend's address. There's some friends I need to ask their address every time I visit (granted, I'm 52, but still!). In this day and age, we don't have to commit anything to memory -- I don't know even my own sons' phone numbers (shame on me) -- I just tell Siri, "Call so-and-so" and she does.

Yes since it is a toll road there are definitely cameras. It takes a photo of your license plate if you are not using a transponder.

I just want want to thank you because this post jarred my memory. I completely forgot to pay the toll from last Friday and I only had 5 days until you know how much it can turn into. Whew

I wonder if those cameras on 241 record and if they do, has CHP or OCSD reviewed the footage to see if they can verify the story of Blaze walking along the road.

I just want want to thank you because this post jarred my memory. I completely forgot to pay the toll from last Friday and I only had 5 days until you know how much it can turn into. Whew

Yes that can be a problem, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member